BBW millionaire on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ssbbwlover2

not disagreeing with what you say at all but playing devil's advocate, but what if she really is desperate though? and what if a lot of big women are giving that impression as well? if they aren't where is the stereotype coming from?
Maybe some women are giving that vibe. However, it is very easy to follow that same line of thinking instead of portraying a different, more confident outlook. There probably was a lot of editing done to the show to create this image of a desperate big woman. Maybe that is her outlook, craving attention. We don't know right now. My only point was that the show played into the normal thinking about bigger women to the absurd level that it was being mentioned derisively on sports radio shows as just another example of a desperate big woman.

Fish

Artist of stuff
Maybe some women are giving that vibe. However, it is very easy to follow that same line of thinking instead of portraying a different, more confident outlook. There probably was a lot of editing done to the show to create this image of a desperate big woman. Maybe that is her outlook, craving attention. We don't know right now. My only point was that the show played into the normal thinking about bigger women to the absurd level that it was being mentioned derisively on sports radio shows as just another example of a desperate big woman.
No amount of basic editing could put the words: "I like assholes" into her mouth short of taking the footage to James Cameron to doctor. There isn't an editing trick to make her lean over to give that douchebag a hand job on command. Editing didn't make HER pay for the really expensive dinner. And editing didn't make it look like she was staring at him like a starving dog eyes a pork chop when she wasn't.

Editing can do a lot of things, but it relies on the footage that's available to paint any kind of story at all. And in a situation like this, it can only emphasize or de-emphasize what was already there.

Fish

Artist of stuff
Please tell me her dog wasn't a Sharpei.

(Okay, horrible joke...I couldn't resist...) :p
I think it was a poodle. And in at least one clip, it seemed to really hate her to the point of trying to gnaw her hand off.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
No amount of basic editing could put the words: "I like assholes" into her mouth short of taking the footage to James Cameron to doctor. There isn't an editing trick to make her lean over to give that douchebag a hand job on command. Editing didn't make HER pay for the really expensive dinner. And editing didn't make it look like she was staring at him like a starving dog eyes a pork chop when she wasn't.

*snip*
I still haven't watched it, but from this^ description she sounds alright! :D
*runsaway*:p

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher

Editing can do a lot of things, but it relies on the footage that's available to paint any kind of story at all. And in a situation like this, it can only emphasize or de-emphasize what was already there.
Why that whore.

TraciJo67

So she's shallow and isn't interested in suitable long-term prospects (such as, the ex-cop who showed an actual interest in her). So what? We don't have to agree with her choices in order to acknowledge that they are rational ones (maybe just not ones we'd make). Do you feel the same level of contempt for the ancient, wrinkled, wealthy men of the world who somehow manage to convince themselves that young, beautiful women want them for studly prowess as opposed to the attractive bulge of their checkbooks?

She's an attractive woman, she's wealthy, and chances are extremely good that she'll get exactly what she advertises for. I don't think it's fair for us -- generally speaking, not referring to anything you've said, Fish -- to claim that she's giving other women, particularly big women, a bad name or that she's insecure because she's fat. Seems to me, she knows what she wants: a handsome stud to service her. To that end: You go, fat girl. Take those millions you got from the TSA settlement and buy yourself all the arm candy you want.

ssbbwlover2

Agreed. Her words, behavior are indefensible. She put herself in that postion. The only thing is that there is a certain element of making things fit into a portrayal that is accepted as a societal norm. Unfortunately, there is no way to change it.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I admit that I haven't watched this (and normally I hate when people like me comment) but look--the woman did what it took to get herself on the teev. And now, she has a platform to discuss what she did on the teev. If you're a (relative) unknown, there's no such thing as bad press. She's just getting her 15 min. of Warholian fame.

TraciJo67

And editing didn't make it look like she was staring at him like a starving dog eyes a pork chop when she wasn't.
Asshole or not, he was one fine looking specimen. Just sayin'.

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
I admit that I haven't watched this (and normally I hate when people like me comment) but look--the woman did what it took to get herself on the teev. And now, she has a platform to discuss what she did on the teev. If you're a (relative) unknown, there's no such thing as bad press. She's just getting her 15 min. of Warholian fame.
This is a very interesting point.

I am still in the process of convincing Robin to come to Dims and explain her side, but in the interim, I want to elaborate on the point Jes made.

Let's assume that she did what she did to get on TV, which I also think she did back in 2008, when she ended up taking legal action against the TSA and Reagan National Airport Security. It got her some press (and I am thinking a fairly large settlement, hence the "millionaire" status). While some of you have called her loony, a few people have taken Jes's position that she is simply getting her 15 minutes of fame.

That brings me to Donna Simpson, which many of you have called loony as well. What if she's simply getting her 15 or 20 minutes in the sun, and financially benefitting from it? This community seems to take a more hostile attitude towards her than it does towards Ms. Kassner. Is it because she isn't Brandeis educated like Ms. Kassner? Perhaps it's because she comes from "US", and there's always this cloud of secrecy within our confines, like we shouldn't share who we are with the outside world? Is it because she's a webmodel? Is it personal with regard to Donna?

Just curious.

LovelyLiz

I am still in the process of convincing Robin to come to Dims and explain her side, but in the interim, I want to elaborate on the point Jes made.

Let's assume that she did what she did to get on TV, which I also think she did back in 2008, when she ended up taking legal action against the TSA and Reagan National Airport Security. It got her some press (and I am thinking a fairly large settlement, hence the "millionaire" status). While some of you have called her loony, a few people have taken Jes's position that she is simply getting her 15 minutes of fame.

That brings me to Donna Simpson, which many of you have called loony as well. What if she's simply getting her 15 or 20 minutes in the sun, and financially benefitting from it? This community seems to take a more hostile attitude towards her than it does towards Ms. Kassner. Is it because she isn't Brandeis educated like Ms. Kassner? Perhaps it's because she comes from "US", and there's always this cloud of secrecy within our confines, like we shouldn't share who we are with the outside world? Is it because she's a webmodel? Is it personal with regard to Donna?

Just curious.
Just on your last point, the millionaire lady isn't making her reputation by emphasizing her fatness - she just happens to be fat as she goes about doing all kinds of other wacky things. Donna's 15 minutes are based entirely on her size (and attendant claims about it, like being a feedee and wanting to be 1000 pounds). This puts a much more personal spin on it for this community.

(And I hope this so far interesting and basically civil thread doesn't now become a crazy Donna s*&tstorm.)

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
I don't follow the Donna things very closely but I'm pretty sure that she has said things like "she is speaking for the "community" and as part of the "community" I'd rather she not do that. It didn't seem to me that the millionaire was doing that. She was just pretty much an embarrassment to herself and again as I said before, many women behave this way, it was a shame they choose a big woman to show it.

Just curious.

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Just curious.
Not getting the connection:doh: and have been noticing the past year that a lotta folks use the word 'just':rolleyes: to maintain their stance-of-innocence... ;)

Latest posts