BBW millionaire on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LalaCity

Karl Rove is fat, too, and I have no desire to invite him here to explain himself.

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
Not getting the connection:doh: and have been noticing the past year that a lotta folks use the word 'just':rolleyes: to maintain their stance-of-innocence... ;)
No disrepect to Phil. We are facing major Cognitive Dissonance within the quote-unquote community about HAES vs Feeder/GainerFantasyLand and the mention of Donna Simpson has become a political dog-whistle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
I DO NOT have the answer. I, okay, if we're going to use the word 'fraud' which I DID NOT... 'Cognitive Dissonance' is less accusatory than 'fraud'.:)

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
Yes time for a new Forum!!! The tastiest creamiest flame-iest Forum ever ever ever!! My name is Ned Sonntag and I endorsed this message, baby!!!!:eat2:

Fish

Artist of stuff
the mention of Donna Simpson has become a political dog-whistle.
That's an understatement and a half. A massive chunk of this board is devoted to EXACTLY what Donna Simpson advertises herself as and yet she can't come in here as say as much as "the sky is blue" without getting shit for it.

So why does she get more venom than any other paysite model in here for doing the same thing they do? Is it because she's more successful at putting herself out there? Is it because she gets on talk shows and speaks for "the community"? Because if that's the case then why doesn't our dearly beloved Webmaster get any shit for HIS talk show appearances speaking for "the community"?

Fish

Artist of stuff
"I never said I wanted to have sex with him, they dubbed that in." Did they also animate her lips so that they matched what she says they dubbed in? Bullshit.

"They (the producers) were force feeding me alcohol." If they were "force feeding" her, that's criminal assault, isn't it? Bullshit.

"I ended up dating him for two months. We went on vacation together. Dana and John Bonjourno only went on two dates. They told them to kiss on camera. When they went out on real dates he didn't kiss her." Wait, did she go on their dates with them? I guess so from what she said in the interview.

"I'm not superficial" She wanted to give a DOG BOTOX because it was getting older. (Okay, that COULD have just been a joke shown without the beginning or the end of a conversation showing it was such.)

You can do some amazing things with editing, but you simply can't do what she says was done, which was create "a 100 percent work of fiction."

Also, if she's mad at Patti for mocking her weight, I wonder how she feels about this interviewer labeling her "Plumpty Dumpty" in the articles fucking title?

Her answers in this interview seem to me to reinforce the image that was shown on TV. "They" did everything through manipulation and editing and she was faultless in the image she projected. Don't buy it.

Millionairessgirl

Here is what I thought about my episode of the Millionaire Matchmaker. I think the show misrepresented me and edited me into someone I am not. What I want you guys to know is, as a plus size woman, you can live the life of your dreams, date plenty of great guys, be a successful businessperson and create your own path in life, no matter what the Patti Stangers of the world say. Live your best life right now. Don't put it off one more second or wait till you lose 10 pounds. Life your best life starting ASAP! Much love xoxo...Robin :)

What was your reaction to the episode?

I knew it was going to be bad but did didn't know it was going to be that bad and a 100 percent work of fiction. They followed me for three weeks and spliced and diced the episode into what I wasn't. It was both misogynistic and against curvy women.

They told Luke to be nasty to me. They told him to be obnoxious, that was his role. I never said I wanted to have sex with him, they dubbed that in. I never offered him sex or a hand job. Me and Patti were talking about sex, and they dubbed that in to the middle of my date. I never bought him dinner (the date was comped on the boat) and never offered to give him money to start a business. What I said is that I own a successful PR firm so if he starts a business I could do publicity for him and make it successful.

What happened with you and Luke?

I ended up dating him for two months. We went on vacation together. Dana and John Bonjourno only went on two dates. They told them to kiss on camera. When they went out on real dates he didn't kiss her.

What did you think of the show's portrayal of you?

The way they edited it, the message is if you are a curvy girl, theres no way in hell you can get a hot guy. That is so untrue! I'm not superficial, I've dated guys that are better looking than me and worse looking. I get guys all the time (as do you lovely voluptuous ladies) so the way they portrayed me as desperate, needy and trying to buy a hottie was perpetuating a bad stereotype and just plain untrue.

Were you drunk during the episode?

They kept ordering me alcohol. They ordered the two bottles of pink champagne. They dubbed in the two drink maximum after the fact.

What did you think of Patti's visible distaste about your figure?

I thought it was horrible. Patti was a plus size girl less than a year ago. She's not exactly the hottest thing since sliced bread. The thing is I want women to know, if you're curvy and voluptuous you can get the hot guy, live the life of your dreams, be successful. I know I'm overweight, its not that I'm in fantasy-land and I don't know that, but there are men out there who l love plus size women, real boobs, real hips.

A lot of the women on the show are silicone stick figures. I am not for everyone but I find very masculine men don't love women who have the bodytype of little boys. They love hips and curves!

She is really tougher on women. This whole season she's just been bashing women, she thinks if shes tough on women she gets better ratings. How much can you watch her insult us?

She thought I was an easy target. I gave her plenty of fun material with my whole pink Hello Kitty lifestyle that she didn't have to call me names. Say I shop at Lane Bryant or that Lane Bryant should find me a boyfriend? I shop at Bloomingdales!! She acted like she was in shock that men at the interview said they preferred curves. She wants to say men would never love a curvy woman, but she's sadly mistaken.

Do you think it would have been different had you been an overweight millionaire not millionairess?

She's had a bunch of larger men (like Jason Davis) and she doesn't make it an issue at all. She certainly doesn't call them names, she doesn't question the ability of a chubby man to get a hot girl. I have a cool personality, I have a lot to bring to the table. I'm a plus size girl but not unattractive. I don't lack a dating life. I'm not going to let Patti Stanger determine my self worth because who is Patti Stanger?

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/interview-millionairess-robin-kassner-ceo-of/

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
That's an understatement and a half. A massive chunk of this board is devoted to EXACTLY what Donna Simpson advertises herself as and yet she can't come in here as say as much as "the sky is blue" without getting shit for it.

So why does she get more venom than any other paysite model in here for doing the same thing they do? Is it because she's more successful at putting herself out there? Is it because she gets on talk shows and speaks for "the community"? Because if that's the case then why doesn't our dearly beloved Webmaster get any shit for HIS talk show appearances speaking for "the community"?
Why hasn't she been on THE SIMPSONS yet?:doh::confused::D

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
thank you.

<<<<<edited for forum guidelines>>>>>>>.
This is precisely the reason that I avoid posting these days.

People in this forum judged someone based on a TV show. The player in the show seemed anxious to explain her side of the story to whoever would listen. There are already links to interviews where she did just that, but nothing here, where you have been judge, jury and executioner. NO ONE said she owed anyone an explanation for anything.
NO ONE.

I just thought it might be nice to have someone actually engage in productive dialogue both ways, for everyone's benefit. God forbid that happens in Dimensions anymore.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I do care what she has to say. Pay no attention to that shit, Phil. I can believe that they edited and spliced a lot to make her look bad and would like to hear her side.

Saoirse

People in this forum judged someone based on a TV show. The player in the show seemed anxious to explain her side of the story to whoever would listen. There are already links to interviews where she did just that, but nothing here, where you have been judge, jury and executioner. NO ONE said she owed anyone an explanation for anything.
NO ONE.

I just thought it might be nice to have someone actually engage in productive dialogue both ways, for everyone's benefit. God forbid that happens in Dimensions anymore.

How is this productive?

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
I do care what she has to say. Pay no attention to that shit, Phil. I can believe that they edited and spliced a lot to make her look bad and would like to hear her side.
Elaine, just a quick note. I spoke with her online, and she's told me that she's already responded here, but I'm thinking because she's new to the forums, her post will be moderated.

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
How is this productive?
My post, or her responding in this forum?

If it's her responding, I believe I've already explained that, and there's at least one person not dead from the neck up (Elaine) who agrees.

If it's about my post, it wasn't meant to be productive to you, and it didn't matter to me if you thought it was. I knew my point would be wasted on you, so it was meant for those who actually think about fat acceptance issues, and not who the hot guy is in the new Narnia movie.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I think she was high in that clip. Dead serious.

Neither one of them was terribly bright, but man...

Also, CP, if she is a millionaire, she should break you off at least 25K to do her hair and makeup for any televised events. She looked a hot mess.

Lastly, I wanna know how she got her $$$. She seems too damn stupid to have gotten it herself. But who knows, maybe she's only an idiot on televised dates...
LMAO maybe her parents were rich and she inherited the money.LOL

Saoirse

My post, or her responding in this forum?

If it's her responding, I believe I've already explained that, and there's at least one person not dead from the neck up (Elaine) who agrees.

If it's about my post, it wasn't meant to be productive to you, and it didn't matter to me if you thought it was. I knew my point would be wasted on you, so it was meant for those who actually think about fat acceptance issues, and not who the hot guy is in the new Narnia movie.
No, that is not productive at all.

And dont be hatin on Ben Barnes. He doesn't have anything to do with this.

TraciJo67

NO ONE.

I'd like to know what she has to say, but not because I think she owes any kind of explanation. I'm just flat-out curious (nosy). Also, I believe that it is altogether plausible that a lot of selective editing was done. Doubtful that it was completely misleading, given that she made so many comments that a reasonable person could interpret as, kindly, rather vapid and shallow. But did they edit for drama, with the intent of making the fat girl look desperate and even more ridiculous than she otherwise would have? Probably. I'd bet a wad 'o cash on it, if I had the cash to spare.

P.S. Will pimp myself for wads 'o cash.

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
HMM, I get that thing can be dubbed and changed and I get that drinks can be flying but there is such thing as free will. You said you knew that it was going to be bad but not as bad as it came out. Maybe that should have been your red flag to end the disaster before it even happened.

My question would be, what on earth possessed you to agree to do this show even after all the red flags?

Here is what I thought about my episode of the Millionaire Matchmaker. I think the show misrepresented me and edited me into someone I am not. What I want you guys to know is, as a plus size woman, you can live the life of your dreams, date plenty of great guys, be a successful businessperson and create your own path in life, no matter what the Patti Stangers of the world say. Live your best life right now. Don't put it off one more second or wait till you lose 10 pounds. Life your best life starting ASAP! Much love xoxo...Robin :)

What was your reaction to the episode?

I knew it was going to be bad but did didn't know it was going to be that bad and a 100 percent work of fiction. They followed me for three weeks and spliced and diced the episode into what I wasn't. It was both misogynistic and against curvy women.

They told Luke to be nasty to me. They told him to be obnoxious, that was his role. I never said I wanted to have sex with him, they dubbed that in. I never offered him sex or a hand job. Me and Patti were talking about sex, and they dubbed that in to the middle of my date. I never bought him dinner (the date was comped on the boat) and never offered to give him money to start a business. What I said is that I own a successful PR firm so if he starts a business I could do publicity for him and make it successful.

What happened with you and Luke?

I ended up dating him for two months. We went on vacation together. Dana and John Bonjourno only went on two dates. They told them to kiss on camera. When they went out on real dates he didn't kiss her.

What did you think of the show's portrayal of you?

The way they edited it, the message is if you are a curvy girl, theres no way in hell you can get a hot guy. That is so untrue! I'm not superficial, I've dated guys that are better looking than me and worse looking. I get guys all the time (as do you lovely voluptuous ladies) so the way they portrayed me as desperate, needy and trying to buy a hottie was perpetuating a bad stereotype and just plain untrue.

Were you drunk during the episode?

They kept ordering me alcohol. They ordered the two bottles of pink champagne. They dubbed in the two drink maximum after the fact.

What did you think of Patti's visible distaste about your figure?

I thought it was horrible. Patti was a plus size girl less than a year ago. She's not exactly the hottest thing since sliced bread. The thing is I want women to know, if you're curvy and voluptuous you can get the hot guy, live the life of your dreams, be successful. I know I'm overweight, its not that I'm in fantasy-land and I don't know that, but there are men out there who l love plus size women, real boobs, real hips.

A lot of the women on the show are silicone stick figures. I am not for everyone but I find very masculine men don't love women who have the bodytype of little boys. They love hips and curves!

She is really tougher on women. This whole season she's just been bashing women, she thinks if shes tough on women she gets better ratings. How much can you watch her insult us?

She thought I was an easy target. I gave her plenty of fun material with my whole pink Hello Kitty lifestyle that she didn't have to call me names. Say I shop at Lane Bryant or that Lane Bryant should find me a boyfriend? I shop at Bloomingdales!! She acted like she was in shock that men at the interview said they preferred curves. She wants to say men would never love a curvy woman, but she's sadly mistaken.

Do you think it would have been different had you been an overweight millionaire not millionairess?

She's had a bunch of larger men (like Jason Davis) and she doesn't make it an issue at all. She certainly doesn't call them names, she doesn't question the ability of a chubby man to get a hot girl. I have a cool personality, I have a lot to bring to the table. I'm a plus size girl but not unattractive. I don't lack a dating life. I'm not going to let Patti Stanger determine my self worth because who is Patti Stanger?

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/interview-millionairess-robin-kassner-ceo-of/

Saoirse

HMM, I get that thing can be dubbed and changed and I get that drinks can be flying but there is such thing as free will. You said you knew that it was going to be bad but not as bad as it came out. Maybe that should have been your red flag to end the disaster before it even happened.

My question would be, what on earth possessed you to agree to do this show even after all the red flags?
yea all that. this is me not showing any sympathy.

Latest posts