BBW millionaire on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fat Brian

retarded disfigured clown
This isn't the first time and nor while it be the last that a tv show has been edited in a way to sensationalize and mock a fat person. God forbid they actually tell the truth about us. Thank you, Phil, for getting her to post her side here, somehow I'm not surprised by what happened behind the scenes.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
*snip*

My question would be, what on earth possessed you to agree to do this show even after all the red flags?

^Maybe she thought it'd be fun? or to get teh fame?
Does it really matter?

Come on peeps it was a TV show. The lady didn't skin puppies alive for a coat (or something).

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
Exactly, does it really matter?

I am allowed to have an opinion on it even if people think Im wrong. She is smart and sucsessful now maybe even more so, but at what cost? Does she really care ... not a bit Ill bet. People are talking and all is right in the world.

^Maybe she thought it'd be fun? or to get teh fame?Does it really matter?

superodalisque

No amount of basic editing could put the words: "I like assholes" into her mouth short of taking the footage to James Cameron to doctor. There isn't an editing trick to make her lean over to give that douchebag a hand job on command. Editing didn't make HER pay for the really expensive dinner. And editing didn't make it look like she was staring at him like a starving dog eyes a pork chop when she wasn't.

Editing can do a lot of things, but it relies on the footage that's available to paint any kind of story at all. And in a situation like this, it can only emphasize or de-emphasize what was already there.

exactly this

Fish

Artist of stuff
I'm sure she got paid to be on the show AND every viewer now knows her business' name. And on top of that, she can namedrop the show on her resume of "achievements".

And again, editing can only use the material available and can't create a story out of thin air. THIS is not what happened on "Millionaire Matchmaker".

superodalisque

I agree, people don't need to hide, but if someone is hiding or running, it's just not worth my time to help them find themselves. There's something to be said for people who already know where they are.

i agree with that 100%. i personally don't have patience to help anyone find themselves either. but if i meet someone who happens to be attracted to me as an individual i never close the door unless they do something stupid.

superodalisque

I'm sure she got paid to be on the show AND every viewer now knows her business' name. And on top of that, she can namedrop the show on her resume of "achievements".

And again, editing can only use the material available and can't create a story out of thin air. THIS is not what happened on "Millionaire Matchmaker".

absolutely. this a a goldmine for a publicist. so the entire thing could be an act. remind you of anybody we know who is fat,makes lots of money and is very upsetting to people?

i'm really so tired of people acting like fat women are all dumb helpless circus freak victims. they aren't. a lot know exactly what they are doing including using people's prejudices against them consciously for their own benefit. smart and savvy doesn't stop at size 16.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Didn't watch the episode, even though I have seen other episodes of that show. MM is 100% about the ' entertainment '/trainwreck. I have seen Patti S mock people for a host of reasons. Mocking a fat person isn't at all OK...but why there is surprise, considering the show...hmmmmm.

" Real boobs...real hips ", " silicone stick figures ", " bodytype of little boys ", " she's not the hottest thing ", " I'm a plus size girl but not unattractive ".

Eh...meh.

I hate that there is yet more mocking of fat women for all to see and hear, and to that bullshit I feel the punch to the gut...but I can't say I care at all about this particular woman who just happens to be fat.

cinnamitch

I’m old so shut up
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't see any fire here. I couldn't watch this at work so I waited till I got home. I got my Kleenex on one side and a bottle of hard liquor on the other. I was thinking I would be as outraged and dismayed as everybody else but all I saw was a giddy tipsy woman who wants to have sex with a muscled goon who talks with a greasy chicken bone hanging from his mouth. Desperate? Meh, maybe. Horny as fcuk? Definitley. Maybe you don't like her and that's fine but I think she's just a party girl who wants to have sex and she's using her status to get it. Good for her, I hope it worked. His skills probably aren't worth a Maserati though. Send him a Thank You card and tell him he'll go far with in his waitstaff service idea.

One of those moment where you wake up the next morning and go "wth was I thinking?" I've done that:rolleyes:

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Considering the $$$$ fees- hopefully those members with less than wonderful experiences were able to freeze their accounts

“…Men (the money makers) must pay fees in order to join the exclusive matchmaking club. The memberships start at $25,000 , and go up from there based on add-ons. There are additional fees to have Patti as your matchmaker, to have the Millionaire Club give you a make-over, and numerous other add-ons.
For $25,000, the Millionaire's club will give you:
• One year of unlimited dating nationally throughout the US/Canada
• 1 hour date coaching session with the dating coach in your area
• 1 hour relationship counseling session with the relationship counselor in your area
• 1 hour image consulting session with the image consultant in your area
• 1 hour hypnotherapy session with the hypnotherapist in your area
• 2 month freeze (you can put your membership on hold up to 2 months if you meet a match .)”

Source
Millionaire Matchmaker

superodalisque

Considering the $$$$ fees- hopefully those members with less than wonderful experiences were able to freeze their accounts

“…Men (the money makers) must pay fees in order to join the exclusive matchmaking club. The memberships start at $25,000 , and go up from there based on add-ons. There are additional fees to have Patti as your matchmaker, to have the Millionaire Club give you a make-over, and numerous other add-ons.
For $25,000, the Millionaire's club will give you:
• One year of unlimited dating nationally throughout the US/Canada
• 1 hour date coaching session with the dating coach in your area
• 1 hour relationship counseling session with the relationship counselor in your area
• 1 hour image consulting session with the image consultant in your area
• 1 hour hypnotherapy session with the hypnotherapist in your area
• 2 month freeze (you can put your membership on hold up to 2 months if you meet a match .)”

Source
Millionaire Matchmaker

i doubt the people on the show actually paid a fee. they're just there to sucker in other customers.

NancyGirl74

I haven't read all the posts but heres my take...

This chick doesn't represent me just because she's fat and so am I. Just like the dumb blonde on TV doesn't represent blondes everywhere just because they have the same hair color. As far as I'm concerned she's just another 15 minute-er. Let her have her moment but she doesn't speak for me. Heck, I don't think she speaks for herself since she's so misinterpreted.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Pretty sure I have seen, in small print, that the millionaires on the show pay...zero dollars.

entertainment/trainwreck

but not a very entertaining trainwreck, dammit!

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado

i doubt the people on the show actually paid a fee. they're just there to sucker in other customers.

You might have something there ... you wonder on the types that do get suckered in.... Also this show is no differtent than other similair shows (Love Connection - Blind Date etc.) with a few twist added in

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado

And the Noble Luke ... not even worthy enough to do a Planet Fitness promo....

Latest posts