BBW millionaire on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

superodalisque

i'm not so sure that catering to people's preferences is prostitution. {QUOTE]

thats not what I said at all . . . if you watched the show as much as I did, then you would understand what references I was making. Patti Stanger is a hypocrite . . . that's my point, because she preteaches "no sex before monogamy" and yet what Robin says in her defense of her actions on the show prove that Patti Stanger isn't all that she appears to be.

She isn't a friend introducing a friend, real millionaire clients [the ones hwo pay for her service, not the ones on the show] are PAYING for a service. And she supposedly says things like "no sex before monogamy" when that is not the case. Someone has to be held responsible, THATS WHAT SHE IS PAID TO DO.

Plus, if you read what Robin said, then you wouldn't be saying that she is trying to blame someone else. She isn't. I took issue with Patti Stanger and her lies, not Robin.

I would also like to state that I am not personally attacking you and I didn't take your comments as a personal attack - so we are all clear. I just think he misunderstood me, which is your option to do as this is a free country, and I feel the need to respond because I was obviously unclear in my previous posts about what I take issue with Patti Stanger for.

i've seen the show and for what its worth i don't trust Robin's public opinion. she's a savvy publicist with at least a million dollars under her belt whether by fat publicity contracts or winning a lawsuit, either way no dummy. she knows how to get attention and make a buck, not only for herself but for Patty too. what makes you think they didn't get together and hatch this out to benefit both of them? that's how it often works. she allowed herself to be made a fool of for nothing? she doesn't know the effects of alcohol? i don't believe it for one minute. she knows how publicity works, knows how to word a release for television shows i'm sure, knows the legal system and has bucks. she could have gotten any clip she wanted removed. she is nobody's victim. i think these people often play on how naive most of the public is when it comes to celebrity and how all of that stuff really works behind the scenes. fat prejudice is ripe for ye old money making attention and they really know how to work it and we fall for the faux poor misguided sad little fat girl every time. i mean, if you decide to drink and become the train wreck warning of "don't do this" as a smart entertainment world businesswoman its nobody's fault but your own.

Jello404

This is all kinds of embarrassing and degrading.
I honestly believe that she was high out of her mind.Slured speech, dilated pupils.
Im just shocked right now..I cant believe she degraded herself like that and that guy was like hey if ur going to go out like that Im game. SMDH.She really needs help.

I think she was high in that clip. Dead serious.

Neither one of them was terribly bright, but man...

Also, CP, if she is a millionaire, she should break you off at least 25K to do her hair and makeup for any televised events. She looked a hot mess.

Lastly, I wanna know how she got her $$$. She seems too damn stupid to have gotten it herself. But who knows, maybe she's only an idiot on televised dates...

The makeup and the Jaws like smile were totally scary, but it seems most of the millionaires have problems interacting with people in a social setting...hence they need to be setup on dates..lol. I ended up catching the clip on E!'s The Soup.

On a side note....I love's me some Hillel Presser. He was the only BHM on the show...I think.

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
I watched the show over the weekend and I know there's crap editing and such in "reality shows."

Robin did come across a little shallow and dippy but at least she wasn't mean. That Patti woman and her staff are mean. "Plumpty dumpty"!?!?!? That was a cunty dumpty thing to say.

Everyone could have conducted themselves better but whatevs, that isn't why we watch Junk TeeVee is it?

I wish Robin the best and I hope Patti and her flunkies lose their shit attitude toward people of size.

collared Princess

I can say that I know personally how the media/ shows interviews love their ratings..I belive all that Robin said...The media has made me who Iam now and everyone believes every word..no one wants to hear reality because it's boring..The reality is the media does what they want with you

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
People cannot have it both ways, especially when they continue going back to a cesspool ( even a low-rent entertaining cesspool ) of a watering hole.
It's not as if that watering hole is absolutely needed to survive, at least not in ways not totally attached to ego.

Oh, and I think Robin showed some real meaness in her post here...just not directed at fat women. Again...eh..meh...wah. She should get a job with Patty.

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
She really is that spacey and superficial in real life. It's sickened me that she went on that reality show when she barely pays her bills in real life and has a company worth nothing.

I kinda figured this from the caliber of the website that was up- I had a really hard time imagining professional work and looking at it.

I think she got played just like most reality tv 'contestants'

At least she admitted she should have picked the cop...

superodalisque

I know I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I just wanted to say that I was in some way involved with her company (obvi want to protect my identity) but her PR firm is nothing short of a scam. No employees, dropped clients like flies, etc. I actually witnessed her avoid a client for three days straight, not taking his calls because she was scared to tell him that she hadn't done work for him. She hires "hot young" interns to basically hang around with, and they do all of the work.

I believe she had some sort of brain damage arising from an airport scuffle a few years back. She really is that spacey and superficial in real life. It's sickened me that she went on that reality show when she barely pays her bills in real life and has a company worth nothing.

Anyways, back I go to lurking.

to tell you the truth, this is not very surprising.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Maybe it's jut me but I find it a bit sad that you'd come on a website and bash someone you claim to know and make all kind of allegations about the way she runs her business and suggest she has brain damage all the while stating you want to protect your identity. I for one am more apt to believe claims of bad business practices when someone has the courage to stand by the claims they are making and not post on a message board in anonymous comfort.

I know I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I just wanted to say that I was in some way involved with her company (obvi want to protect my identity) but her PR firm is nothing short of a scam. No employees, dropped clients like flies, etc. I actually witnessed her avoid a client for three days straight, not taking his calls because she was scared to tell him that she hadn't done work for him. She hires "hot young" interns to basically hang around with, and they do all of the work.

I believe she had some sort of brain damage arising from an airport scuffle a few years back. She really is that spacey and superficial in real life. It's sickened me that she went on that reality show when she barely pays her bills in real life and has a company worth nothing.

Anyways, back I go to lurking.

verucassault

i am so over people making comments about how editing can not make a story up out of thin air. erm yes they can and they do!

i am not defending this women, i cant even view the clip in my country but people need to take a look at the credits. there are writers, editors and plot developers. now what do you think these people do exactly, they invent plot lines, characters, story archs with bits and pieces of available footage, and they even borrow footage, reshoot scenes that are rescripted to go along with the new plot, add sound effects, slow motion and all sorts of crap to dramatize actual events.

at the beginning of the show there are roles and even plot lines. they find people that fit these roles and put them in situations that enable their plot line to unfold. it doesnt work out as planned so that is when creative editing comes in

you hear so many people say "that totally different happen", and most of the time it didnt. especially when you are competing for tv time, and against the million other shows, drama sells, so they "invent" alot of it.

hrd

i only caught the linked clip and not the show in its entirety, but i have to second what verucassault said - reality shows are like any other television programming: staged and scripted (granted, to varying degrees, but you can always fix anything in editing) and meant to draw in an audience to generate advertising revenue - it's the entertainment industry - and it's rather ironic for shows claiming to represent reality, but when they began to dominate line-ups, they reached out to now-out-of-work sitcom writers to join the dark side and write for their shows - so, unless you were part of this particular production, it's impossible to definitively say what, if anything, is "real" through any of it and where specifically to place blame for such a lousy representation of women in general/bbw women in specific - though for my part, i'm leaning toward blaming them all - the end result is a collection of everyone's poor decisions, from the people appearing on the show to those who chose put it on the air and a whole bunch of other people in between - and it stinks that the bbw was singled out to be portrayed in such a negative light, especially considering the overall lack of screen time women our size get, though can it really have come as a surprise if this show is always full of people's bodies being criticized and exploited? if this sort of behavior is going to be excised from these sorts of shows, and the industry in general, sizeism is going to have to provoke the same mainstream levels of discomfort and outrage that racism, sexism and other the other -isms do - and i suppose that's part of why we're all here =)

superodalisque

You mean you don't know anyone like that IRL? I wish I was you.

if most people were really totally as bad as reality t.v. makes them out they'd all have been shot several times by now or given electric shock therapy by force. i wouldn't buy into that antisocial tripe if i were you. its just there to sell you things and make everyone who really feels inadequate feel superior for a minute and in the end like the whole world is much more of a a shithole than it really is. they sell you more stuff if you are hopeless and depressed. ever notice how many diet and anti depression med ads are on those? and oh yeah--get off the net hon;)

orin

She is cute .... i would go on a date with her !!!

BigCutieMeg

I cant believe how much of a hot mess that lady is, poor thing.. Ill say a prayer for her. She clearly needs it. Money isnt everything, she probably should invest in a makeup artist and hair stylist to make sure shes looking glamorous for these dates... :eek:

BoomSnap

My gf pointed this clip out to me and said I could date the chick in a platonic way until I got the aforementioned Maserati and 5000 dollars in Torrid gift cards. Wish me luck everyone! :D

Filly

Searching Restlessly
Anyone have a link to this show that is able to be played in Australia? The Bravo site won't allow us Aussies to access it.

Latest posts