• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BBW/SSBBW dating stereotypes...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBarbieDoll

Sorry in advance if this post comes across as racist -- I truly meant no harm and did my best to word it sensitively.

I am just curious what y'all think about the stereotypes regarding fat women, particularly white ones, and black men. Have you found it to be true, in your experience?

Perhaps it's due to my low self-esteem and depression but I am very hesitant to date a black man because of this stereotype. I chat on and off with a seemingly very sweet black guy around my age (I said "seemingly" because, since I have not met him in person, I cannot say how he really is) who has admitted to having a major crush on me. Even if the distance were not an issue, I'd still be hesitant because of the aforementioned stereotype. I ask myself if what people say about it is true.

I have read some hurtful comments about this stereotype, such as that they settle for each other, then rich black men having skinny white women is sometimes noted.

I could be wrong but I do seem to get more messages from black men than other races. Something else I noticed: I am a bit bicurious, so I signed up for a "woman seeking woman" account on a dating site and most of my responses have been from black women and male-looking black women. This cannot be a coincidence, can it? I wonder if the masculine-looking ones are subconsciously acting out a stereotype and/or they are genuinely attracted to me. Some of these profiles are fake, though.

Latest posts

Back