Quantcast

BBWs in Bands

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

runningman

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was watching MTV2 this morning and saw a band called 'The Gossip' who I'd heard of but had never actually seen. They're just starting to be considered a very cool underground indie band in the UK. Anyway the lead singer is a BBW. And lead singers in bands have to be confident, have to have that something about them, stage presence - whatever so it was no surprise that she was confident but she was amazing. Is anyone else a fan of this band? After this morning I think I have a new favourite band!!

I saw the video for a track called 'Listen Up' and she dances around in it eating pizza! Aware of her size and seemingly making a statement saying "Yeah I know I'm a big girl and look I eat pizza too so f**k you!" Needless to say I thought it was awesome. :smitten: :D

So anyone else heard of The Gossip or a fan?

Does anyone know any other bands featuring BBWs? Or BHMs for that matter? Not that I'd be overly interested in that! :D

Timberwolf

Forth?
We had a thread about them, before...

But thanks for the heads up, their album is out now.
Definitively a must-buy for me... Her voice sound somehow classic... And, as far as I was able to hear from the listen-in, the bass is quite present in their music. Sounds really great!

Paw Paw

Hunting Cougars
Most of my BBW performers have lost weight. Like Kelly Price and Faith. But, Chaka khan is still herself. As well as Patty LaBelle.

Peace,
2P.

Wilson Barbers

Full-time Fanta-sizer
Got the most recent Gossip album and a single with several remixes of tracks from the album: a nice Joplin-esque singer, to my ears.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
a quick forum search for the gossip or beth ditto will provide you with several preexisting threads on the topic.
once again, yay gossip yay beth blah blah etc.

GPL

I know the beautiful BBW Vermillion (you must to check that chick out!!), who is a member of Fatforums plays in a band. I also remember Bran Van 3000 had 2 BBW's, if I'm correct.

GPL.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
I also remember Bran Van 3000 had 2 BBW's, if I'm correct.
really? i know i've seen them a couple of times, and i dont remember there being any fat onstage. and i feel like that's something i would remember.
maybe they have a rotating lineup?
either way, i havent thought about that band in a while. thanks for reminding me.

GPL

Think I gonna buy an album from The Gossip soon.
This girl really rocks and looks fab!

GPL.

GPL

really? i know i've seen them a couple of times, and i dont remember there being any fat onstage. and i feel like that's something i would remember.
maybe they have a rotating lineup?
either way, i havent thought about that band in a while. thanks for reminding me.
I SWEAR I saw a video of them with two bigger ladies on the stage.
Maybe they lost weight:p
To speak with BV3000's words: "My BIG ASS bubble has not busted yet";)

GPL.

Paw Paw

Hunting Cougars
I went to the video,and I really like them. Reminds me of the alternative stuff I was listening to in Toronto.

Oh yeah, shes a cutie too.

Peace,
2P.

Miklosanin

She looks a lot like this girl I went to high school with, except she's not quite as sumptuous and fantastically buoyant. I'd actually been friends (kinda) with the high school girl for a little while, until she dropped out two months before graduation. Now five years later, she's kinda rude to me if I see her in public and I can't understand why she won't let that go. Maybe because I have to catch myself quietly checking her out before realizing who she is :doh:? I never let on that I was attracted to her at (this is an attempt at getting out of the FA closet at long freakin last), at least not consciously. Too bad. She also had one other thing in common with Beth Ditto: she was a lesbian , but she could have fooled me!

lemmink

THE PUMMEL IS COMING
...I saw her on the cover of a magazine like, yesterday. LOL

Bagalute

I've seen them play at a festival this summer. I like her voice very much that's why I wish she'd sing in a band a little less minimalistic...but that's just my own taste. But to all my fellow FA's who consider becoming a male groupie - I've read she is a lesbian, too bad for you guys ;)

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

I've read she is a lesbian, too bad for you guys ;)

WOW!?!?!?! REALLY???? score. double score. And IF she IS a lesbian...there's more chance she will stay fat. For some reason, it is socially acceptable for lesbians to be a little chubby in the public eye. Wow, I might have to look into tour dates now:D Mike and I can drool over her together, lol.

KuroBara

"She Coo"
On MySpace, there is a all girl band called SSBBW Boperz, or something like that. I didn't listen to their music, but I think the very existence of the band is cool enough. I hope they are as pro fat as they seem.

liz (di-va)

I'm tryin to think of others, specifically in bands...there's always Deborah/Dee Iyall of Romeo Void, although not anymore...Nomy Lamm, who's actually mostly been a performer since her ISFB! days...Kelly Hogan's kind of a plumper sometimes...er...gawd. There has to be more without venturing into the (worthy, but well-trod) areas of opera and R&B, right?

Latest posts