• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BBWs in comics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
Positive examples of BBW characters in comics! I'm presenting two examples from webcomics I really enjoy to kick off the thread. Any comic source will do, comic books, webcomics, newspaper strips, whatever.

Templar Arizona sort of a slice of life storyline, set in an alternate history world. The webcomic is written and drawn by "Spike" Trotman (a woman). Linky to the archives: I direct you to the archives, because you really must read from the beginning to have any hope of understanding the story. The early chapters describe the world setting in great detail. If you don't have that background, the comic will make no sense. It says on the site that it updates M-W-F, but don't believe it. It updates whenever Spike gets around to doing a new page. Well worth the wait, though.

The BBW character is named Reagan Mancuso. She's not played for laughs, she's a serious character who happens to be fat. The fact that she's fat is beside the point to who she is. She's a foul mouthed, bawdy, ballsy, woman with a big heart. Also she has no sense of style, dressing more often than not like a drag queen. Spike's characters are very well developed.

Below is a picture of Reagan.

Reagan.gif

Girls With Slingshots is written/drawn by Danielle Corsetto. It also is a slice of life story with a few weird elements for comedy. This comic is more accessible, as it has far fewer weird elements than Templar, Arizona does. You can pretty much dive right in and enjoy the strip. I still recommend an archive binge, as it's just damn funny stuff. The strip updates every weekday, like freaking clockwork.

The BBW character is named Jamie McJack. She plays the lighthearted foil for her more dour best friend Hazel. Her character is presented as very sexy as well as being quite intelligent. Jamie sometimes comes across as the only sane one of the bunch. The character is very aware of her sex appeal, playing to the crowd. At the same time, she's always cheerful and nice to a fault. Below is a shot of Jamie and Hazel.

View attachment 20080413_JamieHazelSpring_ORIG02.jpg

Latest posts

Back