Be Honest - Would you give up your pet or spouse?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I wouldn't give up my boys for a man, and have said as much. "The cats were here before you, and if history is any indication, they'll be here long after."

:)

MisticalMisty

AnnMarie said:
I wouldn't give up my boys for a man, and have said as much. "The cats were here before you, and if history is any indication, they'll be here long after."

:)
Ok OK..I'll admit that if had been a puppy..the guy might have left..LOL

Hell..who knows..lol

GWARrior

One day I will have my own dog (we're workin on it right now) and I imagine that one day I will be in another relationship. If it came down to one or the other... the dog stays. I dont care how sexy, funny, caring or good in bed the guy is. Dogs own.

Allie Cat

Considering the pet isn't the one offering an ultimatum, I'd say the spouse would have to go. People giving me ultimatums doesn't make me happy.

'Love, honor, and negotiate'... yup :3

=Divals

GoddessNoir

Milkmaid
My boyfriend at the time (this is maybe 7 years agoo I feel old) told me one day, "you love that cat more than you love me". I told him, "there will be a day when you are not here but, my cat will always be here". As I write this, my cat sits next to me on my chair. That same boyfriend contacted me earlier this year and after the exchange of pleasantries he asks, "Sebastian still around?" to which I answered, "right here in my lap".

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
I would have asked if the guy liked cats before I said "I Do". So, hypothetically speaking, the guy would have to go. I tend to be suspicious of anyone that does not like animals, and and even more so if they don't like cats.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
My spouse crawled under the house in the winter (and we back on the wetlands, it's gooshy under there) when our meow went missing. Found her too!

Miss Vickie

I'm just luckily that Burtimus doesn't make me choose. :) He's let me have every animal I've wanted -- except cats. Bunnies running around the house, an insane hound, and now we're looking into getting birds. And he foots the vet and food bills with nary a blink.

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
I don't do ultimatums. Bye guy! At least in theory, men can take care of themselves - kittens can't. Animals are a lifetime committment. Of course, marriage is too, but the guy is the one who is issuing the ultimatums and threatening to leave.

I've seen this one before, as well as this one:

Please help!!!! After two long years of being on a waiting list for a dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our number has come up and ...WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!!
We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children into rescue this weekend!

They are described as:

One male - His name is Jimmy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained & gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female - Her name is Suzy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy & can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training-shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!!! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.
Unfortunately I deal with both situations, as well as tons of others, on practically a daily basis.

Next week I am intaking (although I have no room at all) a cat whose elderly owner died and the cat was just left out on the streets.

Just a few days ago, another foster took one whose late 20's early 30's kitty daddy died unexpectedly after a brief hospitalization. The cat was left in the apartment for 2 weeks with no food or water. This scares the crap out of me since I live alone.

Make sure you make provisions for your pets after you pass away. It is something you don't really think about when you are young (or always when you are old) but it needs to be taken care of. You don't want to leave it up to someone like me who turns down cats all too often because, although she would love to take them all, doesn't have room, money, or time.

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
I would HATE to be with someone that doesn't like pets. Not loving my babies could definately be a deal-breaker.

However, its a tough call when someone you chill with is super allergic to cats. Its definately a problem. My compromise is to try to be cleaner, but get rid of my pals? No way.

SexxyBBW69

my cats were here first........ if you cant love my cats then you cant love me
but that goes both ways for a man with pets Loving someone is loving what is important to them.
My cats own me & working in a 24 hr emergency room for pets when I see something bad happen all I can think about if that was me & how devastated I would be. Pets love us unconditionally & if a man loves me enough he will love my cats as much as I do.

SexxyBBW69

GoddessNoir said:
My boyfriend at the time (this is maybe 7 years agoo I feel old) told me one day, "you love that cat more than you love me". I told him, "there will be a day when you are not here but, my cat will always be here". As I write this, my cat sits next to me on my chair. That same boyfriend contacted me earlier this year and after the exchange of pleasantries he asks, "Sebastian still around?" to which I answered, "right here in my lap".
thats my cats name too I love that name xoxo

SexxyBBW69

activistfatgirl said:
I would HATE to be with someone that doesn't like pets. Not loving my babies could definately be a deal-breaker.

However, its a tough call when someone you chill with is super allergic to cats. Its definately a problem. My compromise is to try to be cleaner, but get rid of my pals? No way.
you can just leave a bowl of claritin @ the door for those allergic :)

SexxyBBW69

moonvine said:
I don't do ultimatums. Bye guy! At least in theory, men can take care of themselves - kittens can't. Animals are a lifetime committment. Of course, marriage is too, but the guy is the one who is issuing the ultimatums and threatening to leave.

I've seen this one before, as well as this one:

Unfortunately I deal with both situations, as well as tons of others, on practically a daily basis.

Next week I am intaking (although I have no room at all) a cat whose elderly owner died and the cat was just left out on the streets.

Just a few days ago, another foster took one whose late 20's early 30's kitty daddy died unexpectedly after a brief hospitalization. The cat was left in the apartment for 2 weeks with no food or water. This scares the crap out of me since I live alone.

Make sure you make provisions for your pets after you pass away. It is something you don't really think about when you are young (or always when you are old) but it needs to be taken care of. You don't want to leave it up to someone like me who turns down cats all too often because, although she would love to take them all, doesn't have room, money, or time.
oh my mom is prepared to take my cats if anything..... she knows how much they mean to me & wouldnt let anything happen to them knowing I would be so heartbroken if that happened. & this comes from a woman who didnt like cats... now she does =)

ATrueFA

I wouldn't have a girlfriend that doesn't like cats. I've had them all my life and can't imagine not having them around. My current cat Stinky was found by a landlord in a rental house that the tenants had vacated without his knowlege. He and other pets had just been abandoned for who knows how long before they landlord stumbled across them and without food and water. Joecat, who passed away not long ago came from an apt where the elderly owner had passed away and he was just dumped off at the shelter and probably would have been put down because he was old and blind and would not have been a good adoption candidate. I took him and he got to spend his last year and a half with me. He was a wonderful cat.
If a girlfriend gave me that ultimatum she'd be gone so fast her head would spin....

Dave

Latest posts