• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Beautiful

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skye23

I've put off posting this for two weeks now, I'd plan to and then I'd tell myself I didn't know which sub-board it really belonged to. Or I wasn't sure what to Title it as, or I didn't have time or or ....you get the drift.

2 weeks ago hubby picked me up from my that week's round of acupuncture and massage to try and deal with my numerous health issues. As one often is after therapeutic massage I was tired, sore, disheveled and greased like a cute little piglet. I decided I was not cooking dinner and I was dying for some Chinese so I begged him to take me to one of the local Chinese Buffets. He prefers when I home-cook Chinese or to be able to order a few things he likes vs the buffets in part because he doesn't eat uncured pork, or most fish or shellfish and that really limits the menu for him. I love the buffets because I can chow down on pork, and fish and shellfish :blush:

We decided to go to one that isn't my favourite, but does have a hibachi grill so in theory he could have them make lo mein or a stir fry to order. There I was, looking rather bedraggled, my hair was mess because they'd worked on my neck so I had massage oil in it. I had on baggy jeans and a slightly oversized hoodie with the girls let loose, since it makes no sense to dress up when they're just going to strip you naked, grease you up and beat up on you. Its not my best look I admit, but I was hungry and didn't really care who saw me as long as I could get some food. I also wasn't wearing my wedding ring because I never wear it to massage, can't leave it on when they work on my hands and I don't want to lose it.

While I was filling up plate number two, and trust me I was filling it up because I can never really eat before acupuncture/massage (too much time lying on those darn tables) and I was starving this guy walked up to me and said excuse me. Since he was rather fluffy himself I figured he was just going to ask me if I'd seen any of a particular dish, or knew what something was. So I barely looked up at him once I realized he was indeed talking to me. I got the shock of my life just about when he told me that he'd just wanted to say hello and tell me that I was beautiful. Sometimes you look at somebody and you know they're telling you the absolute truth, that his buddies hadn't put him up to it, that he wasn't pranking you, that this was not just some cosmic joke (yet again) on the fat girl.

It actually rendered me momentarily speechless. Hubby will attest to the fact how rare that is, and after 20 years together and 17 married this April, he'd know. I wish I'd managed a better response, all I could do was blush and laugh and tell him thank you, that was very sweet of him to say unfortunately my husband thought so also. He apologized and I told him I didn't mind or anything and he said goodbye and wandered off. After I regained my senses and finally put the spoonful of stirfry I'd been holding this entire time on my plate I managed to stagger back to the table with hubby. I looked around for the guy a couple of times after that, because I wanted to say something else, something more but I didn't see him. And yes I did tell hubby - I told him that this was either my new favourite restaurant and we'd be going here a lot more often, or I'd never get to eat here again after I told him what had happened and that it pretty much depended on him. Luckily for me he's pretty secure so I think we'll be going back again. Its slightly less risky then when we go to heavy metal concerts where I've had actual marriage proposals from guys while he was standing next to me ;)

So on the offhand chance that my sweet and fluffy admirer frequents this site. If any of this sounds familiar - thanks. You made my day, week, month and who knows probably year. I'm usually pretty secure about who I am and what I am, and I like myself just fine but to be told you're beautiful on a day when you realistically know you're not in your best form - that means something. I wish I'd said something better to you, but you left me slightly floored and that so rarely happens. I'd give you an award for that but I don't know who you are. I hope you know I wasn't laughing at you, I hope you know I was flattered and I appreciated your remark. And more then that I hope the next BBW you approach who's not wearing a wedding ring is single and is able to get to know you better then I did. You deserve it!

Latest posts

Back