• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Being "picky"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozonloz

Renewal of an argument I have often with my best (girl)friend. Basically, she thinks I'm too "picky" about who I'm interested in.

This is fairly true, I am picky, but not because I have what I consider to be unreasonable standards, but because I am very rarely attracted to someone I haven't speant some time with or communicated with.

So if someone comes on to me in a crowded bar where I cant hear what they're saying, they're going to get nowhere.

The result of this is that I rarely date and it seems to bother my friend that I haven't ever been in a long relationship. Part of this I think comes from the fact that she has never had a problem finding a boyfriend and she has many self esteem issues that means that she sees herself as unattractive (though she's georgeous). Her attitude is that if someone like her can find someone easily, I should be able to as well. But part of it I feel is the unsaid belief that someone like me should just settle for what she can get.

It's an irritating belief, and one I know large people run up against a lot, not just me.

I've just always firmly believed that its better to be without a partner and be happy with friends, family and education or career then to settle for someone, even on a temporary basis, that doesnt do it for me emotionally intellectually or physically.

Who else is seen as "picky"?

Latest posts

Back