BHM/FFAs Introduce yourself here

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Welcome Fireduct! I have to admit that is one of the more impressive pandemic gains I've heard about!

TimTim

You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
I no longer feel welcome here. Apparently you will get shamed and talked behind your back for being an FFA. I thought this was a tight knit community, but I guess I was wrong. Goodbye friends.
I’m sorry this happened to you. I am not here as often as I would like to be so I haven’t had a lot of interaction.

SSBHM

I no longer feel welcome here. Apparently you will get shamed and talked behind your back for being an FFA. I thought this was a tight knit community, but I guess I was wrong. Goodbye friends.
What? What happened? Don't go, please. I don't know what happened, but I know FFAs are the best!

Tiffany08

Sorry this happened to you as long as I've been a member of this community I've never known of this to happen i'm a FFA and never had this happen to me as well as a few others sounds like its a certain individuals just being mean.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I hope that after some time you will re-consider and come back. I'd also like to know more about your negative experiences, because a lot of that is not what I've seen in public threads, so I may have missed picking up on implications, I might not have been reading the right threads, or maybe some of it was in private messages?

Dimensions, like many places in the internet, is a pretty diverse place. The mods have periodically banned certain people who were abusing the site, but in general it accepts a lot of points of view. There are indeed feeders and feeders and some of them probably do have a fetish. There are also people who are quietly interested in those things but are not or will not practice them for various reasons. There are people who are not feedists but who tolerate them pretty well. There are people who are strongly not feedists and have no patience for those who are. (There is also of course other types of variations)

The site has tried to accommodate that somewhat with the different forums, but admittedly people are not always great about following those guides. It has been an ongoing tension since the forums were first created back in the 90s. But what I find interesting is that sites that have tried to be more purist to one segment of that audience have come and gone but generally not survived, or if they have with a small audience. But still, moderating this diverse set of wants is tricky, and mistakes will happen, being too tight or too open or too slow to respond. So reporting posts to mods and explaining your concern, or messaging a mod to talk about issues, all really help keep the site safe for yourself but also others who share similar concerns. Mods are people and will sometimes screw up responses, but generally we do try to listen and try to make the site a good place for as broad an array of people as possible.

Angelette

Sorry if I can't reply to everyone. I got upset because I thought this one thread was dissing FFA's. Even though I might be overthinking this.

I'm afraid the might be people that are probably mad at me for hardly talking about anything related to fat (I am kind of chubby) and I'm very sorry. I have no friends (except online) and safe space. Therapy is too out of reach for me.

It's hard being alone, thinking drastic, and having a broken heart.

Last edited:

RVGleason

@Angelette

Please know that there are people on this board who do care about you and consider you a friend. We hope you’ll continue to contribute to this community and that we’ll do our best to offer friendship and support to you.

Blessings! 🙏💖

1669893158797.gif

SSBHM

Sorry if I can't reply to everyone. I got upset because I thought this one thread was dissing FFA's. Even though I might be overthinking this.

I'm afraid the might be people that are probably mad at me for hardly talking about anything related to fat (I am kind of chubby) and I'm very sorry. I have no friends (except online) and safe space. Therapy is too out of reach for me.

Dear Angelette,

Try something new. Some of us take solace in food. You can try that too, or taking walks, studying a subject you find interesting, drawing, or yoga.

Please know that there others that will appreciate and care about your friendship.

Please try to solve how you feel. Don't give up. Don't blame others. Don't think anyone is against you.

This is a safe place to talk, write, and just to look.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
It certainly is! You have a lot going on, and it can make everything multiply so much. Deep breaths, maybe a walk, maybe spend some time looking at a tree? Basically give you brain some space to think all those thoughts and hopefully slow down a bit so that it isn't overthinking so much.

Things will get better, and so will your ability to handle things (part of why things get better). Things are really rough right now, but sometimes patience is a really powerful tool, with little steps really adding over time (typically far more than a sudden drastic action).

We are all here cheering for you. We can't do much directly for you, and we can't reach in and take the stress and anxiety and fatigue away, but we are here hoping for good things for you, and willing to share our experiences and observations. We won't all agree with each other so it might feel like you get bombarded with a lot of different ideas, and that can be a lot to handle when you are already stressed, so it is fair if sometimes you just need to ignore a lot of responses.

Anyway, I hope you sleep well tonight and wake up feeling like you have a little fuel in your tank in the morning.

Angelette

@Angelette

Please know that there are people on this board who do care about you and consider you a friend. We hope you’ll continue to contribute to this community and that we’ll do our best to offer friendship and support to you.

Blessings! 🙏💖

View attachment 152900
Thank you friend. You were the first people I talked to and I've always enjoyed your posts.

Awww I love the gif. Monsters Inc is my top favorite Pixar movies along with Walle.

Angelette

It certainly is! You have a lot going on, and it can make everything multiply so much. Deep breaths, maybe a walk, maybe spend some time looking at a tree? Basically give you brain some space to think all those thoughts and hopefully slow down a bit so that it isn't overthinking so much.

Things will get better, and so will your ability to handle things (part of why things get better). Things are really rough right now, but sometimes patience is a really powerful tool, with little steps really adding over time (typically far more than a sudden drastic action).

We are all here cheering for you. We can't do much directly for you, and we can't reach in and take the stress and anxiety and fatigue away, but we are here hoping for good things for you, and willing to share our experiences and observations. We won't all agree with each other so it might feel like you get bombarded with a lot of different ideas, and that can be a lot to handle when you are already stressed, so it is fair if sometimes you just need to ignore a lot of responses.

Anyway, I hope you sleep well tonight and wake up feeling like you have a little fuel in your tank in the morning.
Thank you again. My mind is calm for now and finally I got a day off tomorrow. Planning to unplug and focus on chores.

I still do have my problems. But I do want to be optimistic for next year and hopefully move to a different job and work on my health. Along with improving myself. Wish me luck folks!

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts