BHM/FFAs Introduce yourself here

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BnB

Welcome! Good for you - both for de-lurking and for getting out of a toxic pseudo-relationship. As an FFA who escaped a similar relationship I just wanted to wish you the happiness you deserve in the future (I was a lot older than you and mine lasted a couple of years, but now a year or two on I look back and it's almost like a different lifetime). I hope you enjoy DIMS and meet lots of genuine and wonderful BHMS!
:)
Aw thanks!

ChrisVersion2

Ahoy folks, long time lurker/member and I thought I'd re-intro myself.

I'm Chris I live south of Boston ma with Miss Marybeth and our Dogs :) I'm a hardcore I.T. guy, like to think I could wrangle any company's network.

Cheers!

edvis

I came from another forum and was hoping that there would be more interaction based on more than just food. Would like to know I am talking to someone that's real, but since chat seems to have died the forum is unpredictabe to get to know anyone as some of the post are old and from years ago.:(:(

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I came from another forum and was hoping that there would be more interaction based on more than just food. Would like to know I am talking to someone that's real, but since chat seems to have died the forum is unpredictabe to get to know anyone as some of the post are old and from years ago.:(:(
People tend to interact with others more when the post in threads with thoughts, ideas and generally lend themselves to discourse.

As someone who has been on the board continually for a few years, people who show up and just post pictures tend to not get too much of a reaction as past experience dictates they'll just leave.

Paquito

don't July to me
People tend to interact with others more when the post in threads with thoughts, ideas and generally lend themselves to discourse.

As someone who has been on the board continually for a few years, people who show up and just post pictures tend to not get too much of a reaction as past experience dictates they'll just leave.
Jose raises a good point. If you -just- post pictures of yourself, there's really not much to talk about other than complimenting your looks. And I say this as someone who take pretty much every opportunity to flirt with certain members.

Like Jose. :kiss2:

Tad

mostly harmless
Hmmm, I think I might have a guess at what happened: you started at the beginning of threads? Completely logical, but not the way you probably want to go through them here, historical curiosity aside.

So first a note: I think default ordering of threads in each forums is ‘stickies’ at the top, then the threads with the most recent posts below that. Threads where there are new posts since you last read the most recent page will be bolded (not helpful at first, but it does make it easy to see what you have and haven’t read recently later on).

Your first time looking at a thread, I’d suggest jumping to the last page or two to see what is recent. You might want to also read the first post, if the title of the thread doesn’t make its intent really clear. Later on, when you come back to the thread, at the top left when you go into a thread, or next to the title when looking at the board, you’ll see a little symbol that looks like a box with a downward pointing triangle stuck to the bottom. If you click on that it will take you to the first post that you’ve not read in that thread. For big threads where you haven’t read lots of it, I think it jumps you to somewhere towards the end (I’m not sure the exact logic used, but probably something like the first post not more than a week old).

Now, it is true that overall Dimensions is probably not as busy as it once was, which is pretty natural—there was a time when it was pretty much THE spot to talk anything fat related, but of course there are more competing sites, and even more crucially there is social media. Many people would rather have their own place, under their own control—be it a blog, their own facebook page, or a facebook group they create—than take part in a general web forum where there is more of a mix of opinions, personalities, and interests, or where they may not agree with the rules. That said, there are still plenty of people who post things here.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Hmmm, I think I might have a guess at what happened: you started at the beginning of threads? Completely logical, but not the way you probably want to go through them here, historical curiosity aside.

So first a note: I think default ordering of threads in each forums is ‘stickies’ at the top, then the threads with the most recent posts below that. Threads where there are new posts since you last read the most recent page will be bolded (not helpful at first, but it does make it easy to see what you have and haven’t read recently later on).

Your first time looking at a thread, I’d suggest jumping to the last page or two to see what is recent. You might want to also read the first post, if the title of the thread doesn’t make its intent really clear. Later on, when you come back to the thread, at the top left when you go into a thread, or next to the title when looking at the board, you’ll see a little symbol that looks like a box with a downward pointing triangle stuck to the bottom. If you click on that it will take you to the first post that you’ve not read in that thread. For big threads where you haven’t read lots of it, I think it jumps you to somewhere towards the end (I’m not sure the exact logic used, but probably something like the first post not more than a week old).

Now, it is true that overall Dimensions is probably not as busy as it once was, which is pretty natural—there was a time when it was pretty much THE spot to talk anything fat related, but of course there are more competing sites, and even more crucially there is social media. Many people would rather have their own place, under their own control—be it a blog, their own facebook page, or a facebook group they create—than take part in a general web forum where there is more of a mix of opinions, personalities, and interests, or where they may not agree with the rules. That said, there are still plenty of people who post things here.
as usual SPOT ON!!!!!!! :bow:

lille

Sounds about right. Also, every post is dated in the top left hand corner so it can be good to look at that to avoid replying to someone who posted something two years ago.

JenFromOC

Awesome.
I've been away too long LOL...reintroducing myself. I'm Jen. From California, now living in Nebraska after leaving Hawaii. FFA my whole life...

Tad

mostly harmless
Re-introducing myself, as I accepted a position as a moderator a couple of weeks ago and I recently took my first moderator type actions. I can already feel my brains melting out my ears and a need to cackle madly as I delete posts left, right, and centre :D

I've been around the Dimensions boards for as long as there have been Dimensions boards. I'm an FA, may-or-may-not be a BHM depending on where you draw the line (but I'm certainly not thin), and I just generally like fat.

I'm Canadian, in the eastern time zone. I'm married (to someone who isn't on these boards and generally doesn't like socializing on the web), and have a teenager at home. I'm not logged in to Dimensions all of the time, no matter how it may seem at times. In particular I'm seldom on during weekends and evenings, so that is your best time to get away with shenanigans ;)

My focus will be on this board, as it has not had a moderator for quite some time. I'm counting on everyone here to keep my life easy so that I can just spend my time in the Mod Lounge, enjoying the cocktails and munchies :eat2:

Now carry on, and feel free to retract anything nice you may ever have said about me, now that I'm an evil, jack-booted, moderator!

LeoGibson

Happy
Re-introducing myself, as I accepted a position as a moderator a couple of weeks ago and I recently took my first moderator type actions. I can already feel my brains melting out my ears and a need to cackle madly as I delete posts left, right, and centre :D

I've been around the Dimensions boards for as long as there have been Dimensions boards. I'm an FA, may-or-may-not be a BHM depending on where you draw the line (but I'm certainly not thin), and I just generally like fat.

I'm Canadian, in the eastern time zone. I'm married (to someone who isn't on these boards and generally doesn't like socializing on the web), and have a teenager at home. I'm not logged in to Dimensions all of the time, no matter how it may seem at times. In particular I'm seldom on during weekends and evenings, so that is your best time to get away with shenanigans ;)

My focus will be on this board, as it has not had a moderator for quite some time. I'm counting on everyone here to keep my life easy so that I can just spend my time in the Mod Lounge, enjoying the cocktails and munchies :eat2:

Now carry on, and feel free to retract anything nice you may ever have said about me, now that I'm an evil, jack-booted, moderator!
Congrats Tad. Good choice for a mod if I do say so myself. Especially for this board as it is a very different vibe here than the rest of the site and someone who is more understanding of that will have an easier time of it.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Congrats! :)

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I've been away too long LOL...reintroducing myself. I'm Jen. From California, now living in Nebraska after leaving Hawaii. FFA my whole life...

YIKES NEBRASKA!!!!!!!:eek: no doubt wishing HI right about now...unless you miss seasons and COLD COLD COLD

TAD we can't hate you....we :wubu: YOU!!!!

JenFromOC

Awesome.

YIKES NEBRASKA!!!!!!!:eek: no doubt wishing HI right about now...unless you miss seasons and COLD COLD COLD

TAD we can't hate you....we :wubu: YOU!!!!
Honestly, I had a hard time in Hawaii...I like the change of weather here and small town life lol

Group builder