BHM Watering Holes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
FWIW, amongst STEM fields, my experience is a higher percentage of fat guys among computer programmers than among engineers or mathies. Not generally around enough of the scientists to draw comparisons.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
FWIW, amongst STEM fields, my experience is a higher percentage of fat guys among computer programmers than among engineers or mathies. Not generally around enough of the scientists to draw comparisons.
In the chem/biochem/mol bio fields, the guys are usually emaciated. Not even just "skinny"......emaciated. That's been my experience as both a student and a teacher.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
In engineering I found not a lot of extremes (although probably also shorter than the population overall, on average). Some chubby guys, and later in their careers some get fatter, but overall engineers seem to tend towards moderation in their habits, maybe? (could be observer bias)

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake
In engineering I found not a lot of extremes (although probably also shorter than the population overall, on average). Some chubby guys, and later in their careers some get fatter, but overall engineers seem to tend towards moderation in their habits, maybe? (could be observer bias)
Moderation you say? *poke*

fat hiker

I'd second that. Engineers and scientists include a lot of guys who apply the scientific method of improvement to themselves, with results that wouldn't please an FFA. Only in the programming field are there many guys of generous girth.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I'd second that. Engineers and scientists include a lot of guys who apply the scientific method of improvement to themselves, with results that wouldn't please an FFA. Only in the programming field are there many guys of generous girth.
And a lot of us who work in labs get stuck in the whole "I was running this experiment and forgot to go home/eat/sleep for a few days" thing. We're also dirt poor and can't afford food.... :/

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake
And a lot of us who work in labs get stuck in the whole "I was running this experiment and forgot to go home/eat/sleep for a few days" thing. We're also dirt poor and can't afford food.... :/
That sounds tragic :(

Ffancy

I drooled over a lot of hot fatties at RibFest last year, who were all pigging out and licking bbq sauce off their plump fingers. A++ would attend again!