BHM's Got Talent

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Thanks Dude! I still feel it needs something a little extra, but I'm not going to dwell on it.

BTW- Recorded entirely on my iPad!

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Okay, did another iPad instrumental tonight. Thematically based on true events, this one is really creepy. Fair warning...

https://soundcloud.com/astraltouch/all-this-work

I'm not sure where this one sits in my repertoire. I also decided this week to forgo the 'Astral Touch' name for my non-metal/punk stuff, although it will still be my Soundcloud address...let's face it, none of my bands are actually bands anyways...

LeoGibson

Happy
Okay, did another iPad instrumental tonight. Thematically based on true events, this one is really creepy. Fair warning...

https://soundcloud.com/astraltouch/all-this-work

I'm not sure where this one sits in my repertoire. I also decided this week to forgo the 'Astral Touch' name for my non-metal/punk stuff, although it will still be my Soundcloud address...let's face it, none of my bands are actually bands anyways...
Yep. Definitely creepy. Not one to put on while sleeping unless you actually do want some weird dreams. But also really cool too.

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
I don't know about quality, but quantity is happening right now. Another iPad tune, but I'm mastering these on my PC. This was supposed to be another scary song, it ended up groovy. I am nothing if not inconsistent in my musical styles...

Also, just for fun, made it into a video of sorts...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA81Nzslu-I[/ame]

LeoGibson

Happy
Here's a new old one. I did a new arrangement and recording for an older song. I'm of two minds here. I like a lot of it, but I think it misses the mark somewhere, but I just can't quite pinpoint what it is that bugs me.

A Damn Good Run

LeoGibson

Happy
I don't know about quality, but quantity is happening right now. Another iPad tune, but I'm mastering these on my PC. This was supposed to be another scary song, it ended up groovy. I am nothing if not inconsistent in my musical styles...

Also, just for fun, made it into a video of sorts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA81Nzslu-I
Add some synth and and pump the beat a bit and you could have a dance track here. Great tone as always.

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Here's a new old one. I did a new arrangement and recording for an older song. I'm of two minds here. I like a lot of it, but I think it misses the mark somewhere, but I just can't quite pinpoint what it is that bugs me.

A Damn Good Run
Hmmm...is it a recording issue you think is where it's missing? Sounds tight to me.* If it's a performance thing, I noticed that you're singing higher than normal which may be throwing you off Dawg. Nothing wrong with it since it fits the upbeat sound of the tune, just different than usual.

Add some synth and and pump the beat a bit and you could have a dance track here. Great tone as always.
I contemplated that, but it just kept reminding me of some sort of quasi-Jefferson Airplane circa 1967 piece that I kept it rockin' for the most part.

Last edited:

LeoGibson

Happy
Hmmm...is it a recording issue you think is where it's missing? Sounds tight to me.* If it's a performance thing, I noticed that you're singing higher than normal which may be throwing you off Dawg. Nothing wrong with it since it fits the upbeat sound of the tune, just different than usual.

I think it's too "busy" in the chorus section. That too many instruments are going off at once and not really letting any one shine out. But, I posted a remix to the others involved in the recording and they seem to think it's better this way, so WTH, I guess it's just me.

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
I think it's too "busy" in the chorus section. That too many instruments are going off at once and not really letting any one shine out. But, I posted a remix to the others involved in the recording and they seem to think it's better this way, so WTH, I guess it's just me.
The eternal struggle of mixing.

I tried to start recording vocals this week, and it was a total disaster. Even after warming up I couldn't get the evil voice going without nearly making myself sick. I'm taking a few days off, and have barely spoke since then. I may try to do some vocal recording for my punk project to see if I can pull that off before going all-in on metal.

What a drag it is gettin' old...

LeoGibson

Happy
The eternal struggle of mixing.

I tried to start recording vocals this week, and it was a total disaster. Even after warming up I couldn't get the evil voice going without nearly making myself sick. I'm taking a few days off, and have barely spoke since then. I may try to do some vocal recording for my punk project to see if I can pull that off before going all-in on metal.

What a drag it is gettin' old...
You could always go running for the shelter of a mother's little helper! :D

That's the part most people don't think about, but those hardcore cookie monster vocals are not that easy to do, and they are murder on your throat. At least for the metal guys that go high, you can get a lot of help from the mixing board and the mic gain, but not as much on the growly voice.

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Welp, finished the three song EP for the punk band. If this came out in 1982, it would be a 'cassingle'.

I'll insert my usual warnings of volume, anger and profanity here, but the second song is the ska instrumental I posted earlier in the thread.

Ketone Militia- Chemical Town EP

Better sounding stream at my Soundcloud page, but it's all relative innit?

ManBeef

I stay on VINE mostly now. I have 390 fans, and only 2 know it.

LeoGibson

Happy
Welp, finished the three song EP for the punk band. If this came out in 1982, it would be a 'cassingle'.

I'll insert my usual warnings of volume, anger and profanity here, but the second song is the ska instrumental I posted earlier in the thread.

Ketone Militia- Chemical Town EP

Better sounding stream at my Soundcloud page, but it's all relative innit?
How did I miss this post? Really nice. I streamed this on my phone while sitting in traffic. It made me want to let out the clutch and let my semi make it's own path. Got me nice and aggro, that means it's good punk music!:D

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Thanks! If you saw the cover, I grew up a few blocks from that mill. The aggro is legit.

LeoGibson

Happy

I have an idea for a possible punk EP, I have two songs sort of sketched out in my head and some ideas for a 3rd one. I might just give it a whack and see how it comes out. Maybe a new kind of twangy cow punk hybrid!:eek:

But until then, here's one I just wrote a couple weeks ago, I may not even do a full arrangement for this one, I may just leave it mostly as-is acoustic and just overdub some acoustic lead guitar with it and leave it really sparse, but I haven't decided yet. Here's the acoustic 1+1 of it.

Remember The Alamo

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Oh, you gotta do a punk EP, I need to hear how that would turn out.

Have some rep...

LeoGibson

Happy
Went in a different direction here on this one. It's definitely a bit of a shift from the type of songs I normally write and record. This one is a bit of a cosmic blues song or rather it sounds a bit like what you would get if Keith Richards, David Gilmour, and Mark Knopfler wrote a song together! :eek:

Shine Your Light

Aust99

Went in a different direction here on this one. It's definitely a bit of a shift from the type of songs I normally write and record. This one is a bit of a cosmic blues song or rather it sounds a bit like what you would get if Keith Richards, David Gilmour, and Mark Knopfler wrote a song together! :eek:

Shine Your Light

Loved it!!!!

daddyoh70

DYELB?

Shine Your Light

Great song! Sounds to me like there was some of The Band influence there also, particularly Robbie Robertson and Rick Danko. Really like this one.

Latest posts