Quantcast

BHMs who still work out?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JackCivelli

Hey BHMs and FFAs! I was wondering how many of my fellow bhms still hit the gym. Despite the potential for undesired weightloss and accelerated metabolism is a risk, it’s practically a must for me. I love being as big as I am and still being strong enough to not be slowed down by my weight. Plus I like the way weight training makes me look and feel, with a strong core and a generous passing of fat over it.

plus weight training really increases my appetite.

Of course, with the gyms closed, this hasn’t really been an option except for working out at home with free weights.

Anyway, I wanted to know if any other bhms did the same, and how all of the lovely FFAs here felt about it :)

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Oh, yeah. Built my own home gym a few years ago.

There are more kettlebells and weight plates around the edge of the room, out of frame, along with another barbell and a landmine set-up, and a Viking Press handle to use with that. I also have a cable system for the rack, as well as a whole other 400lb weight set outside for Olympic lifts, and two farmer's walk handles.
Though, I do have to admit to indulging more in catering to my belly than working out in recent weeks. 😋

Last edited:

JackCivelli

Oh, yeah. Built my own home gym a few years ago.

There are more kettlebells and weight plates around the edge of the room, out of frame, along with another barbell and a landmine set-up, and a Viking Press handle to use with that. I also have a cable system for the rack, as well as a whole other 400lb weight set outside for Olympic lifts, and two farmer's walk handles.
Though, I do have to admit to indulging more in catering to my belly than working out in recent weeks. 😋

I’m personally not into the set ups. I just have a barbell for dead lifts (up to 375 lbs) and free weights at home, plus “free” workouts like pushups, pull-ups a d hanging crunches (since regular crunches are pretty well impossible now lol)
All the rigs and racks I just use at the gym.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I’m personally not into the set ups. I just have a barbell for dead lifts (up to 375 lbs) and free weights at home, plus “free” workouts like pushups, pull-ups a d hanging crunches (since regular crunches are pretty well impossible now lol)
All the rigs and racks I just use at the gym.
Well, I put this together precisely so I don't have to go to a gym.

Granted, it's a big initial investment, but I got some money from my dad's estate when he passed a few years ago, so I took that unfortunate opportunity to do something positive, health-wise, for myself.
And I can add equipment as I desire, without having to hope that a retail/public gym owner will even have, or bother to procure the equipment I want to use, if I were to ask. I have everything I need, without relying on anyone else.
And, no gym membership to feel guilty about not using when I'm in a fat phase, like the major one I'm in now.

Also, I don't have to share my equipment with the general public, who don't take care of it, and MY gym is never a frakking disaster area that I have to clean up before I can even use it, like the gyms I used to go to.
Nor do I have to share a locker room with a myriad of weirdos, some of whom stand there naked, wrinkled with age, and spread-legged with one foot up on a bench, blow-drying their ancient nether region with a hair dryer. I'm a textbook introvert, so I'm fine not having people around.

Another huge perk: No travel time involved, having to drive to the gym. My weight room is right next to my bedroom. I can bounce out of bed at 3am (yes, I'm that crazy dude), grab my pre-workout nutrition from the handy-dandy mini-fridge located IN my weight room, do my warm-up, and roll right into my workout, grab my post-workout stuff from the fridge, down it, and head straight to the shower. All in the comfort of my own home.

Jaycee

I personally don't mind if a BHM works out, like strength training. I find it attractive being with someone who is stronger as well as bigger than I am. I'm pretty strong myself (squatting and lifting 200# is easy to me) so it takes someone pretty strong to big stronger. I don't feel small and feminine when I'm the physically stronger one in the relationship.

My hubby thankfully is stronger than I am... but if I'm hand milking my goats I can get bigger forearms than him. He doesn't go to the gym but we do a pretty labor intensive job of dairy farming without a lot of automation. It's hard to explain how physically intense dairy farming is if you've never done it.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I personally don't mind if a BHM works out, like strength training. I find it attractive being with someone who is stronger as well as bigger than I am. I'm pretty strong myself (squatting and lifting 200# is easy to me) so it takes someone pretty strong to big stronger. I don't feel small and feminine when I'm the physically stronger one in the relationship.

My hubby thankfully is stronger than I am... but if I'm hand milking my goats I can get bigger forearms than him. He doesn't go to the gym but we do a pretty labor intensive job of dairy farming without a lot of automation. It's hard to explain how physically intense dairy farming is if you've never done it.
I used to live in dairy country up in northeastern New York State. (just a handful of miles from the Canadian border.) I miss it, and I love that work.

JackCivelli

Yeah I actually do know what you mean. I grew up on my grandpa’s ranch. They didn’t do dairy farming, but practically everything about farming and ranching will make you stronger. My grandpa broke horses and I got into it a little when I was a teenager. That’s honestly what taught me to be able to take a hit when I started boxing.

Damn, back then I never would have thought I would turn into such a land whale.

Jaycee

I used to live in dairy country up in northeastern New York State. (just a handful of miles from the Canadian border.) I miss it, and I love that work.

From pictures I've seen it's looks like pretty country there. I absolutely love dairy farming beyond words. It's not easy and I'll never be rich but it's a great way to live.

Jaycee

Yeah I actually do know what you mean. I grew up on my grandpa’s ranch. They didn’t do dairy farming, but practically everything about farming and ranching will make you stronger. My grandpa broke horses and I got into it a little when I was a teenager. That’s honestly what taught me to be able to take a hit when I started boxing.

Damn, back then I never would have thought I would turn into such a land whale.

That's cool! That's a good way to learn how to take a hit Critters can pack a punch when they decide to get testy and kick or slam you around. I've a had few experiences with that myself.

On animals and boxing, I had an uncle when he was younger got in a brawl with the at the time state heavyweight boxing champion, and my uncle made him leave the scene on a stretcher. When my uncle got asked about it he said he just beat him like he was beating a Holstein cow 😂

I gotta say if you ask me, now you look damn good 😉

JackCivelli

That's cool! That's a good way to learn how to take a hit Critters can pack a punch when they decide to get testy and kick or slam you around. I've a had few experiences with that myself.

On animals and boxing, I had an uncle when he was younger got in a brawl with the at the time state heavyweight boxing champion, and my uncle made him leave the scene on a stretcher. When my uncle got asked about it he said he just beat him like he was beating a Holstein cow 😂

I gotta say if you ask me, now you look damn good 😉
🤣
That’s sounds like a taunt. “I’m gonna beat your ass like a Holstein cow!”
lol
I’m generally kind of annoyed by an overused trope in country songs where the whole song is basically about how if you’re from the country you’re BA, but if you’re from the city you’re a wuss. But damn if there’s not some truth to it. Country life just makes you stronger.

And thank you! I feel good too!
“Land whale” is a compliment as far as I’m concerned 😝

Shh! Don’t tell!

🤣
lol
I’m generally kind of annoyed by an overused trope in country songs where the whole song is basically about how if you’re from the country you’re BA, but if you’re from the city you’re a wuss. But damn if there’s not some truth to it. Country life just makes you stronger.

I feel like there’s a psychological strength to living in the city because there’s so much chaos and you’re confronted by so much humanity every day. Can we at least agree that suburbanites are weak and soft?

(jk jk jk, I’m being facetious, please don’t get mad at me if you’re from the burbs)

Last edited:

JackCivelli

I feel like there’s a psychological strength to living in the city because there’s so much chaos and you’re confronted by so much humanity every day. Can we at least agree that suburbanites are weak and soft?

(jk jk jk, I’m being facetious, please don’t get mad at me if you’re from the burbs)
Haha yeah for sure. Every type of setting has its pros and cons. I’ve been both a country boy and a city slicker, and both have their challenges. I would agree that city life requires more mental acuity, whole country life requires more brute strength.

I’ve never been a suburbanite, but I’m sure you need something to be able to live there.

binge watching skills maybe?
🤣

Ffancy

I’m also from the country so I feel no call to defend the suburbs but I thought we liked both strong and soft, and weak and soft around here, as long as there’s some cuddly softness 😁

JackCivelli

For sure! No judgements here. City, country, suburbs, cave dwellers, mer-people, moorlocks, eloi... as long as you got dat squishability, or appreciate dat squishability, this is the place for you.

Jaycee

🤣
lol

Right! Lol you don't know what a hot headed pissed off farm kid is gonna use for a taunt 😂

That is true it's certainly over used! But there is truth in country life builds character especially if you grew up with livestock. You learn of lot stuff at a young age like the birds and bees (the cow isn't giving the bull a piggy back ride lol), and the cycle of life.

You're welcome!! Glad that's compliment 😀

Shh! Don’t tell!

I’m also from the country so I feel no call to defend the suburbs but I thought we liked both strong and soft, and weak and soft around here, as long as there’s some cuddly softness 😁
I was talking soft like not emotionally/socially tough, but yes. We love a softy.

I actually lived kind of in the suburbs for school and it wasn’t bad, it was fine, and so were the people who lived there. I just grew up as a city kid with suburban cousins and to me it always seemed like they were afraid of the city or didn’t know how to deal with it. They’d come in to visit me and freak out over a rando on the street flipping them off, which you learn to shrug off if you grow up in the city. Or they’d think the areas I hung out in were sketchy, when they were actually totally safe. I know not everyone from the suburbs is like that, but it’s just sort of instinct to make fun of them because my relatives acted like such babies when it came to the city.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to feel safe, though. Cities are really dangerous now, because of covid, which sucks. A lot of people have left already and I’m sure more people will leave soon.

Last edited:

Jaycee

I give credit to city or burb dwellers I'd go bat shit living with that close to that many people, is a big no thank you for me! There's a preferred place where everyone likes to live!

Barrett

DM Supporter
I give credit to city or burb dwellers I'd go bat shit living with that close to that many people, is a big no thank you for me! There's a preferred place where everyone likes to live!
Yup. I've lived in and visited all three settings; rural, urban, and suburb. While there are a few cities I've enjoyed to a limited extent (Atlanta, San Diego, Burlington), I vastly prefer the rural life.

If the primary smell in the air is cow manure, I know I'm home. 🤣

Jaycee

Yup. I've lived in and visited all three settings; rural, urban, and suburb. While there are a few cities I've enjoyed to a limited extent (Atlanta, San Diego, Burlington), I vastly prefer the rural life.

If the primary smell in the air is cow manure, I know I'm home. 🤣

I haven't ever lived off the farm (nor do I want to!)
I definitely have the same preference where to live as you 😁😁 and I'm very found of that smell as well😜

Latest posts