Quantcast

BHMs who still work out?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Corey

Corey
I’ve lived in the suburbs outside of Dallas my whole life (except for the past 2 years, but I live in a major college town now). The city never phased me. I think because the suburbs located outside of Dallas are so close to the city that those who grew up around the area became used to it. It sort of meshed together. Also, I visited Austin a lot, and still do. I love Austin. I’ve always been a seeker of fun/mischief/adrenaline though, so much so that it worried my mom when I went off to college. She had every reason to worry, honestly. 😂 I did some real stupid shit, but I ain’t sorry.

LeoGibson

Happy
Oh, yeah. Built my own home gym a few years ago.

There are more kettlebells and weight plates around the edge of the room, out of frame, along with another barbell and a landmine set-up, and a Viking Press handle to use with that. I also have a cable system for the rack, as well as a whole other 400lb weight set outside for Olympic lifts, and two farmer's walk handles.
Though, I do have to admit to indulging more in catering to my belly than working out in recent weeks. 😋

That's a really nice set up you have there! I'm more partial to a home gym myself. I intend to put one together at some point where I can keep all the strongman implements I like to use and have the traditional powerlifting equipment as well.

To answer op's question, I'm a BHM that regularly trains. I have competed in both powerlifting meets and strongman comps. My new thing is BJJ and although it has my main focus I still manage to hit the weight pile twice a week in between jiu jitsu classes.

SSBHM

I love to work out, but haven't been to the gym for about 2 months. I can tell the difference and it makes me moodier too.

Hope I can get back to it soon.

Weight hasn't changed, but softness, squishiness has.

Jaycee

So are you an FFA who was in the FFA?
I tried to get in to FFA (would've been so ironic a FFA in FFA😜) but my hellions of older cousins pissed off the AG teacher at the school really bad (I don't know they the heck they did), as soon as my sister and I said our last name he made it ridiculously hard to join, because we were homeschooled. There was other homeschooled kids in it but those cousins of mine ruined my chance haha😅

JackCivelli

I tried to get in to FFA (would've been so ironic a FFA in FFA😜) but my hellions of older cousins pissed off the AG teacher at the school really bad (I don't know they the heck they did), as soon as my sister and I said our last name he made it ridiculously hard to join, because we were homeschooled. There was other homeschooled kids in it but those cousins of mine ruined my chance haha😅
Haha that’s funny. Sorry your cousins ruined that for you lol
Like I said before, I was raised on my grandpa’s farm, and funnily enough, I was also homeschooled (must be a country thing lol) from the 6th grade onward. My grandpa had some weird bias against the FFA, so I never did join, but I was friends with a lot of kids who did. I didn’t take up the family trade though so I guess it would have been a waste time anyway lol. I live in Dallas now, where if you want to see a tree you have to drive over to Clyde Warren Park lol

Jaycee

Haha that’s funny. Sorry your cousins ruined that for you lol
Like I said before, I was raised on my grandpa’s farm, and funnily enough, I was also homeschooled (must be a country thing lol) from the 6th grade onward. My grandpa had some weird bias against the FFA, so I never did join, but I was friends with a lot of kids who did. I didn’t take up the family trade though so I guess it would have been a waste time anyway lol. I live in Dallas now, where if you want to see a tree you have to drive over to Clyde Warren Park lol
Yay! Another homeschool alumni 😝 (didn't think there'd be another former homeschooler on dims.) I'm sure Dallas is a lot different than rural life. I'm pretty sure I'd stir crazy in a city trying to serectly have goats 😂

stevita

like the pancake
The combination of muscle+fat really does it for me. Like many women, I can totally get behind the idea of a big strong man who can just...pick me up and toss me like the pancake

Also, as much as it appeals to me to be at my feedee's beck and call so they can be lazy and sedentary, I also like the peace of mind of knowing that he's maintaining enough of an exercise routine to stay physically independent if I have to be away for work.

GrowingBoy

I love to work out, but haven't been to the gym for about 2 months. I can tell the difference and it makes me moodier too.

Hope I can get back to it soon.

Weight hasn't changed, but softness, squishiness has.
I'm in the same (squishy) boat, and am coming to the realization that I won't be able to get back in the gym anytime soon, so I need an alternative plan.

The gyms near me have posted their plan for re-opening, and it doesn't inspire confidence. In the classes they are going to skip a station, and they will limit occupancy in the rest of the gym to 50 percent of capacity. However, it's still an indoor space where people push themselves to get their heartrate up. We're in a county where the number of cases is staying steady or even trending up slightly. So I just can't see how I can go back to spinning class, or the sit on the machines in the weight room day after day in the absence of a vaccine.

Various gyms are also posting online workouts. I've tried a few of the weight lifting ones, I can do most of the exercises with the free weights and kettle bell I have at home. But I don't have a treadmill or elliptical (don't have the space at home) and I've noticed that I start to huff and puff now even walking a few blocks.

My plan (such as it is) is to exercise outdoors now that summer is approaching.

JackCivelli

Yay! Another homeschool alumni 😝 (didn't think there'd be another former homeschooler on dims.) I'm sure Dallas is a lot different than rural life. I'm pretty sure I'd stir crazy in a city trying to serectly have goats 😂
There’s a house down the road from my apartment where a guy is keeping at least 2 goats. Maybe more. Super weird to see in an urban, somewhat industrial area.

JackCivelli

The combination of muscle+fat really does it for me. Like many women, I can totally get behind the idea of a big strong man who can just...pick me up and toss me like the pancake

Also, as much as it appeals to me to be at my feedee's beck and call so they can be lazy and sedentary, I also like the peace of mind of knowing that he's maintaining enough of an exercise routine to stay physically independent if I have to be away for work.
Those are the two main reasons I like to keep my muscle mass up, too. My lady feeder was 180 lbs and I could still toss her around “like the pancake” as you say lol

I also like that it makes me bigger overall

north2alaska

Hey BHMs and FFAs! I was wondering how many of my fellow bhms still hit the gym. Despite the potential for undesired weightloss and accelerated metabolism is a risk, it’s practically a must for me. I love being as big as I am and still being strong enough to not be slowed down by my weight. Plus I like the way weight training makes me look and feel, with a strong core and a generous passing of fat over it.

plus weight training really increases my appetite.

Of course, with the gyms closed, this hasn’t really been an option except for working out at home with free weights.

Anyway, I wanted to know if any other bhms did the same, and how all of the lovely FFAs here felt about it :)
Late to the party, I suppose.

But I find myself particularity attracted to big guys that still work out. I like the end result for several reasons - first and foremost, health benefits and strength. The other reason is just the overall look - it's nice to still see some physique and form, but with a healthy dose of padding. I LOVE watching the world's strongest men shows or football for the linebackers ;)

starharp

FFA perspective here- i absolutely love fat men who work out. them keeping their muscular arms along with a growing pot belly is amazing to witness. plus it gets them hungrier of course :]

starharp

Late to the party, I suppose.

But I find myself particularity attracted to big guys that still work out. I like the end result for several reasons - first and foremost, health benefits and strength. The other reason is just the overall look - it's nice to still see some physique and form, but with a healthy dose of padding. I LOVE watching the world's strongest men shows or football for the linebackers ;)
yes absolutley, football players have some of the best bodies imo, especially when they get a little chunky 🤭

Latest posts