Big Guys With Beards

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
I feel so naked without facial hair. It always lies somewhere between Duck Dynasty and Al Boreland.

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
I've been rocking the chin strap/Amish-in-training style for quite a few years now. I've always liked that look on other guys, for whatever reason. I also don't have the strongest of jawlines, so I'm pretty fond of anything that acts as an illusion to the contrary, heh.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I've been rocking the chin strap/Amish-in-training style for quite a few years now. I've always liked that look on other guys, for whatever reason. I also don't have the strongest of jawlines, so I'm pretty fond of anything that acts as an illusion to the contrary, heh.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I have always wondered... what is a 'strong jawline' supposed to mean?

djudex

I'm out
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I have always wondered... what is a 'strong jawline' supposed to mean?
A strong jawline is one that is fairly defined and angled, making it v-shaped with the chin as the 'point' of the V as opposed to a softer jawline which is more rounded, where the cheeks sort of merge gently with the jaw and the neck.

Strong v. soft

View attachment StrongJaw.jpg

View attachment SoftJaw.jpg

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
A strong jawline is one that is fairly defined and angled, making it v-shaped with the chin as the 'point' of the V as opposed to a softer jawline which is more rounded, where the cheeks sort of merge gently with the jaw and the neck.
Couldn't have described it better, thanks :).

Looking at those comparisons, I definitely wouldn't want anything as uh, angular/pronounced as the guy on the left. I think it's just, as a big guy with a chubby face, it can be difficult to see much definition at all around the jaw and it's nice to have something that kind of frames your face (to me, at least.)

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Ah, okay, I get it now! Thank you for describing it, and the pictures really helped too!

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
I recreated my last photo but with shorter hair this time and a better attitude

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us
I am too lazy to stay clean shaven so I just let it keep growing. Once I began growing facial hair it quickly became a losing battle to keep it off.

MattB

Epicurean
Bald guy with reasonable goatee, my standard look. If I still had luxurious, flowing hair, I would be clean shaven.

Sometimes the goatee gets somewhat Mephistophelian, but it is always kept neat and orderly.

Jeannie

Connect the dots
Don't know about Mephistophelian (never heard of it), but a neatly trimmed goatee can be very pleasurable to our lady bits. :p

I'd rather see a man clean shaven, but they do make me think of some fantastic memories. :happy:

Group builder