Biggest. Turn-Off. Ever

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
It's a combination of nostalgia, probably some OCD (for me, at least), fascination with the technology, plus the fact that games have become A LOT more adult in the last decade. The little sidescrollers and fighting games that you loved as a kid remind you of times when you didn't hate your life and everyone in it, and the newer games are practically interactive movies. That sums up my insane love :D

ETA: I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't gaming in my free time. My brother is 13 years older, so I was born into a home with an Atari 800, and started really early. So there is also this familiarity and comfort associated with gaming.
It's all about the nostalgia for me. I'm 25 years old and I still have a Bowser toy sitting on my desk. I never wanted to lose that limitless childhood imagination that makes you dawdle and drag your feet while you walk to school.

Newer games have some really interesting story lines and moral decisions that make it more like an interactive novel than a video game. Even the 16-bit SNES RPGs I couldn't get enough of because it was like playing a book. I got creepily attached to characters and it was just as immersive to me as reading.

I'm really glad my SO is such a bibliophile that she's perfectly content reading and watching while I play video games sometimes. I think it's something that will never go away.

MaryElizabethAntoinette

Beauty is Relative
I can respect it if the person is someone who actual follows what they believe, as soon as they try to shove it down my throat or show they are a hypocrite, all bets are off and I will say anything just to offend them. If you practice what you preach and keep it to yourself, then you are better than most of the religious people out there and I will make an effort to not cuss and totally be non-PC around you. Although the people I have met that meet that criteria are very few in 35 years of life, like maybe 2 or 3 max.
This isn't really a direct response to your quote, but your quote totally reminded me of this:

The one thing I can't stand is Atheists who shove their lack of belief down my throat with the same passion that some Christians do (except with their actual belief).

Anyone who tells me what to believe or what not to believe (religious and non-religious alike).... bugs me endlessly.
By telling someone what to believe, you're basically saying that you know better. But when it comes to matters of faith and belief, no one can know "better" than anyone else.
I mean, I concentrated in Catholic theology at college while I was going for my BA, but you'll never see me forcing my beliefs on others, even though I might "know" more about it.
Just because I know more doesn't mean I know better.
(Of course, it's not like I only studied theology, I also concentrated on philosophy, cuz I wanted the combination of secular belief and theological).

Anyway, usually it's the Christians who judge and hate. But now I've noticed that the Atheists are stepping up to the plate and being just as bad. If you ARE a believer, they'll call you an idiot for your faith... which is equally as wrong as the Christians who call people idiots for not believing.

Why can't people just respect others?

I mean, the fact that I'm a Catholic isn't hurting anyone until I start being an ass and telling people that my beliefs are right and theirs are wrong. Honestly, if I ever start being one of those people, you can smack me. :p

ManBeef

People that claim they want a dom but when the whip starts crackin && orders are barked out, they complain about not wanting to sub completely. GTFO BROHILDA!!!

Hole

This isn't really a direct response to your quote, but your quote totally reminded me of this:

The one thing I can't stand is Atheists who shove their lack of belief down my throat with the same passion that some Christians do (except with their actual belief).

Anyone who tells me what to believe or what not to believe (religious and non-religious alike).... bugs me endlessly.
By telling someone what to believe, you're basically saying that you know better. But when it comes to matters of faith and belief, no one can know "better" than anyone else.
I mean, I concentrated in Catholic theology at college while I was going for my BA, but you'll never see me forcing my beliefs on others, even though I might "know" more about it.
Just because I know more doesn't mean I know better.
(Of course, it's not like I only studied theology, I also concentrated on philosophy, cuz I wanted the combination of secular belief and theological).

Anyway, usually it's the Christians who judge and hate. But now I've noticed that the Atheists are stepping up to the plate and being just as bad. If you ARE a believer, they'll call you an idiot for your faith... which is equally as wrong as the Christians who call people idiots for not believing.

Why can't people just respect others?

I mean, the fact that I'm a Catholic isn't hurting anyone until I start being an ass and telling people that my beliefs are right and theirs are wrong. Honestly, if I ever start being one of those people, you can smack me. :p

Thanks for saying this.

Just let people believe what they want to.

You end up looking like an ass and you lose credibility if you try to force anyone to think like you.

savethemurlocs11

Cuntmuffin
I'm by no means a label whore or anything when it comes to clothes. But if a guy is trying to get with me and he straight up wears affliction, nope, I'm over it.

Affliction, Tap Out, and Ed Hardy seriously have made clothing so the average person can tell who is an asshole, I swear.

On a separate note, I also hate bronies :p I honestly just dont understand the new my little pony. The plot is not good like everyone says and honestly it just reminds me of furries, which also slightly terrify me as I had one stalk me at a convention one year.

Deanna

Huzzah
People that claim they want a dom but when the whip starts crackin && orders are barked out, they complain about not wanting to sub completely. GTFO BROHILDA!!!
This too.

Doms who don't respect their subs. Subs are the ones truly in control after all.

ManBeef

This too.

Doms who don't respect their subs. Subs are the ones truly in control after all.
Say whaaaaat? Remember there are different types of subs. I'm not talking sexual only subs, I was talkin bouts the boot lickers. Slaves. A slave is not allowed to have free will unless given an ounce by his/her respected owner. If they are not willing to do anything && everything their master says, they are not a slave. As for the whole sub sex thing... I can understand what you mean.

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
Say whaaaaat? Remember there are different types of subs. I'm not talking sexual only subs, I was talkin bouts the boot lickers. Slaves. A slave is not allowed to have free will unless given an ounce by his/her respected owner. If they are not willing to do anything && everything their master says, they are not a slave. As for the whole sub sex thing... I can understand what you mean.
Dom/sub relationships are individual contracts which are discussed properly beforehand, respected during, and talked over afterwards. If a Dom is ordering their sub to do "anything and everything" without first having consent, they are not fit to be in the position.

Cors

Delurking
Dom/sub relationships are individual contracts which are discussed properly beforehand, respected during, and talked over afterwards. If a Dom is ordering their sub to do "anything and everything" without first having consent, they are not fit to be in the position.
What she said.

ManBeef

This is obvious. The boot lickers I have trained all knew exactly what they were getting into. When I told them they would fullfill EVERY wish their respected master barked at them, no matter how degrading or disgusting, they excepted full term. I would never just thrust someone into this type of domination without them knowing what might come up. When they would ask, I would tell them straight. If they had limitations, I sent them to another master/trainer. When it came to the slaves I owned, they knew what I expected. If they were not ok with that, they were not taken in. I am not the type to demand when the one being ordered wasn't aware of what came with the territory of being owned by me. But this is all common knowledge when you get into the life right? For the most part, any one that becomes a slave already knows && is willing to give up all free will. I mean, isn;t that why hardcore slaves get into the lifestyle in the first place? Remember, difference between subs && absolute slaves. A sub has limits, slaves TYPICALLY don't.

Cors

Delurking
This is why 24/7, TPE and "no limits" is but a fantasy for most. I just hope the "Masters/Mistresses", "slaves" and wannabes know what they are getting themselves into. Far too many take things too far, exaggerate their relationship and see it as the gold standard for kinksters, IMO.

I am fairly familiar with the lifestyle but personally, the idea of an "absolute slave" with "no limits" and expects to be "in role permanently" without regular negotiation makes me highly uncomfortable. I would be extremely wary of Dominants, particularly young inexperienced ones who demands this and steer clear of "bottomless pits". I have no desire to top or play with someone I cannot at least respect as an equal and care for, outside of bed.

ManBeef

Let us all remember, the people that I deal with WANT to be trained in this life style. In also would not send them out to 20somethings that had no idea what they were doing. These females knew exactly what the deal was. They loved it. Most actually ended up in relationships with their masters because of the odd connection they built with this extreme trust. A slave is trusting that her master is not going to put her in a position that will cause her considerable harm. With that, she is giving herself to him completely. I am young, but I have trained my few well. I had to stop because I ended up wanting to keep my trainees && that was causing conflict. Point being, there are always differences. What works for one might not gas anothers motor. When I had mine, I took care of her. She was a PRIZED possession... She was treated right but knew when I spoke, she moved. She didn't sleep on the floor because she was there to serve me, so she needed to be kept in health && relative comfort. She was able to roam about unless instructed otherwise. This is the life SHE chose. I didn't force it on her. After a year plus, we parted ways. She didn't want anything emotional, I did. She was in it for the complete domination, nothing more. Sucks cuz she was great at it. Oh well...

Deanna

Huzzah
Oh, ha, I don't do slavery. I'm way too strong-willed, and the men I am drawn to also have too much fire in their huge bellies. We'd end up killing each other.

But the less extreme - Dom/sub - with a mixture of tenderness and brutality ... love it.

ManBeef

Oh, ha, I don't do slavery. I'm way too strong-willed, and the men I am drawn to also have too much fire in their huge bellies. We'd end up killing each other.

But the less extreme - Dom/sub - with a mixture of tenderness and brutality ... love it.
I this is why I left the life style. I wanted more from the slave, affection, love, cunoodle time. Now it's just slightly brutal, ass pounding, hair pulling, name calling, mega hardcore sexy time. Only in the sack does my DOM see light... When the time calls for it too

Latest posts