Black People on dims?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
Oh ok. Maybe I was being overly sensitive. I get what you're saying. I have some relatives who chose to live below their potential, also. They don't believe anything is wrong with their lifestyle and they get offended if you try to help them, because in their eyes they don't need any help. But, they get pissed when I distance myself from them, but I'm more like, "Whatever, I'm done. They can be mad at me if they want."
Yeah, that's part of the reason the phone calls to ask for money are becoming less frequent. I'm too through with them! A couple weekends back, my family had an event to honor the elders and can you believe my pathetic cousin tried to get me to buy her food stamps from her?! Where are they doing that at?! So I told her, rightfully, if I needed them she should give them to me for free since as a hardworking tax payer, I paid for them already. Shut her right up. She really gets on my nerves with that ignorant stuff.

queencecilia

Mulatto here, growing up I didn't know of any other mixed people but myself. Then all of a sudden I started seeing all these little mixedlings in stores and around my neighborhood. My mom (who's white) says that I've lost my novelty.:rolleyes:

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Well, I'm happy to say that I am an African-American male that is proud to not be one of those who try to be a "gangsta" or whatever. I'm content being the way I am I am now, thank you very much.

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
My favorite / hated line: "You are so articulate."

The second the statement flies out of someone's mouth, I find it completely incredulous that, it never seems to dawn on him/her of just how telling it is of their mindset. Worse are the ones who obviously expect my grateful acknowledgement of their compliment. "Articulate compared to whom?" I once asked of someone who made that condescending statement to me.
I hate that.... or my second favorite "You have done well for someone from your background".

calauria

La Negra Hermosa
I've never been attracted to the "gangsta" type. I wonder why some females find that attractive? Oh well, to each his own. I perfer to date interracially, been dating that way all my life, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't date a black man if he had all the qualities I want in a mate. Most of the black men in my area are the "gangsta" type and that is so not for me.

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
I've never been attracted to the "gangsta" type. I wonder why some females find that attractive? Oh well, to each his own. I perfer to date interracially, been dating that way all my life, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't date a black man if he had all the qualities I want in a mate. Most of the black men in my area are the "gangsta" type and that is so not for me.
Here! Here! The whole thug thing on a young man is bad enough. When he is obviously in his 30's - 40s, he should have out grown that mentality (which should not have been had to begin with) and the rest of that nonsense that goes with it.

As for the look: Fellas, if you must wear a du-rag at night fine, but du-rags were meant to be taken off the split second you get out of bed. They should NEVER be seen in the street. Oh, I'm sorry but, will someone please explain the du-rag under the baseball cap nonsense!
And let's not even get started on the pants! :mad:

Don't get mad if a woman shies away from you, like you're the local drug dealer, when you're dressed like one.

Smushygirl

Filthy Fat Slut
*sigh* - yeah unfortunately I know a thing or two about "CP time" :blush:
Why is that unfortunate? Time is relative and we as a people seem to understand that higher concept. I point this out on the eve of the weekend that we "Spring Forward" an hour. I point this out as we just had Chinese New Year. I point this out as at the end of Lent, Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Never on the same day every year.

If all of the above can make up their own time and dates, why can't we? Be proud and stay strong! :D

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
LMAO! Best excuse EVAH for CPT!

Too bad it doesn't work for Royal Caribbean or Jet Blue and the like. :D