• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Bless the gods or goddesses of eye candy....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankgirl

Phreakoid.
...Or damn them all to hell, I canNOT make up my mind. >.<
After five long quarters of school, there is finally a guy in my class that I just cannot keep my eyes off of.

He's not taken.

I am, but it's a fairly open relationship. We both have our "side interests," and know where home is, so it's okay.
The issue I'm contmplating here is how to explain this. He already noticed my ring, and I said I'm involved in an open-ended relationship. He switched topics to his cousin, and dropped the last topic like it was hot.

So now I have to either wait for him to bring it back up, or I have to bring it up myself.

And then I also have to question if he's even half interested. *sigh* I'm not so hot at reading people.
So we have the puppy-dog kinda follow me around thing going on; asking for rides home from class (today, he didn't really ask, just kind of assumed, but that's fine); making sure we work together at least once a day; made sure I was included in his group for our other class; a kind of under-the-breath conversation with someone else about "she's married" and the other person kept sneaking glances at me (I have tolerably long ears); I smile for ANY reason in his direction and he lights up like an overpowered bulb (and since I can't take that class seriously any more than I can NOT like chubby-plus guys, I smile a LOT); offerings of his munchies (which are not plentiful, and I can't eat a lot of that stuff anymore anyway, I have a new "food plan" to control my blood sugar)... and all the other little things that make me wonder.

I dunno. And since I've imagined things about other people more often than I've been right, I really don't know. And kinda worry.

He got to complaining a bit about his size; I aim to assist him a little in changing his views about himself- a little, I know, the whole "horse to water" thing, right, I know. Not expecting miracles, just maybe to open his eyes a little. (Actually, I'm going to be aiming for making his eyes pop out, if things go the way I hope, but that's a bit different. :D) Anyway.
Oddly, he didn't react much when I commented that he's not that big, and that I dated a 420-lb guy for a while. I got the impression that he was biting his tongue, and I couldn't see his face fully, but I think he also twitched a bit. Like the whole "soda through the nose" twitch but restrained. I think. Maybe I imagined it. I just don't know. (I say that a lot. o.o )

The only thing I do know is I should proceed with caution.

Aside from that, any advice? Especially from you BHMs who remember being 22 and in college for the first time.
And keep in mind, near as I can figure (from what I've heard from the guys complaining about their girls), I'm almost one of the local unicorns; older than him (26), into cars and motorcycles, patient, not hideously bitchy (unless it's deserved), artistic, kinda geeky, and can hold my own in any conversation without dominating it- unless I get excited. Heh. And in a relationship- open, but still a relationship, and no idea how to explain how open "open" is.
So he's probably a bit intimidated, I think, maybe...... I dunno.

He frequently talks like he's nervous as all hell when we're alone or in a small group- fast, kinda loud, jumps from topic to topic, some sorts of bragging type stuff. Not the same as when we're in class and he's talking to someone else. So I think maybe I'm right. Like he's trying to be impressive, and he knows that I know that he knows his life is kind of screwed up at the moment, and that he's trying to compensate a bit.
Lord only knows, like every other female here, I'd prefer to see the whole real thing, get it over with. On the other hand, I also know where he's coming from and why he's nervous, sort of.

Ideas?

(I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing his phone number today. >.<;;)
((DAMMIT, he's cute. Hour an a half later and I still can't get him off my head.))

Latest posts

Back