Blond men vs Dark haired men - What do you prefer?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What hair color do you prefer on men?

• Blond or fair

• Dark brown or black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Olga_NYC

Hey everyone!

I was wondering what people's preferences are for hair color on men. I was looking through polls on other sites and it seems that most women are more attracted to dark hair. I wonder if that's true or just a cliche?

They also say that's sort of a evolutionary thing because fair hair is supposed to be more child-like/feminine.

Anyway, I personally like blond hair on a guy.

What do you ladies think?

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Oh...blonde. All the way. My man has the blondest hair and sexy green eyes.

He's also younger than I am. Hm....*psychoanalyses self*

MaryElizabethAntoinette

Beauty is Relative
For some reason, I love dark hair. Mmm.... black hair on guys is great (depending on the guy).

I mean, Chris has auburn/red hair and I love the color of his hair too. I guess it all depends on the guy. xP

BothGunsBlazing

Back...ish
you all prefer dark haired men .. you all prefer dark haired men .. you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..you all prefer dark haired men ..

this post is totally NOT a subliminal message. :D

Cors

Delurking
My sweetie has brown hair with blonde streaks and I think he is pretty.

No preference either way, but I am not a fan of bleached hair on Asians. I think redheads are hot though!

I attract men with dark hair but i appreciate all colors...and highlights ..and lowlights..lol:D:p

kinkykitten

FFA-Property of Von_Pudge
To be honest, I don't really have a preference....

But having said that, Long hair makes me swoon no matter what colour it is! :smitten:

I went with blonde as my Dan is blonde ;)

Olga_NYC

To be honest, I don't really have a preference....

But having said that, Long hair makes me swoon no matter what colour it is! :smitten:

I went with blonde as my Dan is blonde ;)

Hehe true, long hair is awesome :)

I guess I would date someone with dark hair, it's just not my most favorite color. BTW I have dark hair so I have nothing against it. I guess we usually want what we don't have :D

anybodys

i have a strong preference for dark hair-- blond guys can be attractive, definitely, but for me dark hair is a plus.

MsGreenLantern

Keanu Drakula The Centaur
Every man I've been attracted to seriously, has either been red-headed or blond. Sure I can find a dark haired man attractive, but when it comes down to it, my natural blond hair/blue eyed genes seem to lead me right to the other fair European types.

Blond's will be extinct soon you know? They say men who usually would go for blonds to procreate are choosing DYED blonds, so they recessive genes for blondness are dying out. Weird eh?

Olga_NYC

Every man I've been attracted to seriously, has either been red-headed or blond. Sure I can find a dark haired man attractive, but when it comes down to it, my natural blond hair/blue eyed genes seem to lead me right to the other fair European types.

Blond's will be extinct soon you know? They say men who usually would go for blonds to procreate are choosing DYED blonds, so they recessive genes for blondness are dying out. Weird eh?

That's true, I read about that :doh:

And now that men are dyeing their hair like crazy, women will be having to guess at their natural color, too LOL

The guy I was with was a blond when I met him ... yeah right :rolleyes: He eventually stopped dyeing it and I realized he was a brunet. And oh, the outrage! :mad: LOL j/k

My mom, as most Russian women, has light eyes but her hair is medium brown. As for my dad he's Native American so I am not sure if I have the gene for blondness. I like dyed blond hair if the person has a good face for it though (I love it on my mom when she lightens her hair), so I didn't seriously mind that this guy wasn't a natural blond but I would probably not encourage anyone who's with me to darker their hair :)

Lovelylola

Dark-haired men! I am very rarely attracted to a blonde or redhead...even though I think us redheads should stick together, it just shouldn't be in that way lol.;)

olwen

Disco Bear
Hey everyone!

I was wondering what people's preferences are for hair color on men. I was looking through polls on other sites and it seems that most women are more attracted to dark hair. I wonder if that's true or just a cliche?

They also say that's sort of a evolutionary thing because fair hair is supposed to be more child-like/feminine.

Anyway, I personally like blond hair on a guy.

What do you ladies think?
There's no choice for don't care! I don't care. I don't think a preference for blondes is an evolutionary thing because well half the world are not natural blondes or European!! It's a cultural thing. Seems like a case of cultural bias in whoever those researchers were.

And I don't get how fair hair is an evolutionary choice for women if we are supposedly choosing mates based on how well they provide then it doesn't make sense to go for the guy who's childlike, unless by childlike they mean more likely to be healthy....I dunno...I think they need to do more research, those people.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Dark-haired men. Italian men. Sicilian men. :smitten:

Portagees okay, too. :>

Olga_NYC

There's no choice for don't care! I don't care. I don't think a preference for blondes is an evolutionary thing because well half the world are not natural blondes or European!! It's a cultural thing. Seems like a case of cultural bias in whoever those researchers were.

And I don't get how fair hair is an evolutionary choice for women if we are supposedly choosing mates based on how well they provide then it doesn't make sense to go for the guy who's childlike, unless by childlike they mean more likely to be healthy....I dunno...I think they need to do more research, those people.

Actually, they say it's evolutionary to DISLIKE blonds. That is, women are prefer dark haired men LOL

It's not how I feel personally, but it seems that dark haired men are indeed more popular for some reason.

There's something about that here: http://www.isteve.com/blondes.htm

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
I'm totally a dark hair person.
I have it AND I like it on other people :p

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I generally tend to go for guys with darker hair, but not when they have really light eyes. That combination doesn't do a lot for me.

If a guy has light eyes, I prefer him to be blond or fairer haired.

When I was a teenager, I used to go for guys with reddish hair and kinda squinty eyes, like Donnie Wahlberg or Brett Favre lol.

I can think a couple of blondish guys that I think are the cats meow off the top of my head, but I can think of a much larger number of dark haired guys.

Latest posts