Blond men vs Dark haired men - What do you prefer?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What hair color do you prefer on men?

• Blond or fair

• Dark brown or black

Results are only viewable after voting.

olwen

Disco Bear
Actually, they say it's evolutionary to DISLIKE blonds. That is, women are prefer dark haired men LOL

It's not how I feel personally, but it seems that dark haired men are indeed more popular for some reason.

There's something about that here: http://www.isteve.com/blondes.htm
Ah, okay. It's funny, all this time I thought "tall, dark, and handsome" was referring to tanned skin, not dark hair!

I also assumed that paleness was preferred because it was a sign of being high class. You didn't have to work out under the sun if you were high born. I also assumed that white women were called "the fair sex" because of the amount of powder they wore. But when I looked up the word fair just now in m-w.com, this is what it said: "Etymology: Middle English fager, fair, from Old English fæger; akin to Old High German fagar beautiful Date: before 12th century." So I guess it's one of those words that has changed it's meaning slightly over time, but if you think about the original meaning it makes sense that women would be referred to as "the fair sex," and so much for Sailer's argument.

It doesn't make sense to me that the hair color people gravitate towards should be based on some evolutionary factor...seems irrelevant and just highly cultural. His "article" seems like more of an editorial than an objective statistical analysis to me, so it's hard to separate salient facts from his opinions.

But I'm not an anthropologist, so...yeah.

Olga_NYC

I generally tend to go for guys with darker hair, but not when they have really light eyes. That combination doesn't do a lot for me.

If a guy has light eyes, I prefer him to be blond or fairer haired.
I agree with that :) I like Asian and black men with dark hair and eyes, but for some reason white men with dark hair don't do it for me. I think that light skin looks better with fair hair.

It doesn't make sense to me that the hair color people gravitate towards should be based on some evolutionary factor...seems irrelevant and just highly cultural. His "article" seems like more of an editorial than an objective statistical analysis to me, so it's hard to separate salient facts from his opinions.

But I'm not an anthropologist, so...yeah.
Yeah I think it is highly cultural too. The media keeps feeding us with all this dark haired male stars and all these blond female stars that we're supposed to lust after, that necessarily has to play a role in people's preferences.

But even then, it seems that men are scientifically proven to have more melamine than women (all things being equal - i.e. brother and sister) so that seems to be the reason why there are more fair haired women than men. Then again, women dye their hair more! LOL

Cors

Delurking
Hmmm I just had an interesting discussion with my partner. What is the difference between dark blonde and brown?

(My partner hates having blond hair and he doesn't know why either. He has the same hair colour as Von_Pudge but he insists that it is brown.)

olwen

Disco Bear
I agree with that :) I like Asian and black men with dark hair and eyes, but for some reason white men with dark hair don't do it for me. I think that light skin looks better with fair hair.

Yeah I think it is highly cultural too. The media keeps feeding us with all this dark haired male stars and all these blond female stars that we're supposed to lust after, that necessarily has to play a role in people's preferences.

But even then, it seems that men are scientifically proven to have more melamine than women (all things being equal - i.e. brother and sister) so that seems to be the reason why there are more fair haired women than men. Then again, women dye their hair more! LOL
I just keep coming back to - "in white people," since with blacks the skin shades are all over the place, not just pale, tan, and olive....But...with blacks you do see women dyeing their hair varying shades of red and brown, so maybe there is something to that after all....like that's the cultural equivalent for blacks.

Hmmm I just had an interesting discussion with my partner. What is the difference between dark blonde and brown?

(My partner hates having blond hair and he doesn't know why either. He has the same hair colour as Von_Pudge but he insists that it is brown.)
I honestly cannot tell the difference between blonde and brown unless the blonde is platinum colored. Strawberry blonde, honey wheat, dunn colored, tawny, flaxen, poppy meadow sunshiny corn flakes...who the fuck knows.

AnyaDServal

My all-time favorite combination: dark hair and light (blue or green) eyes....sexy!

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
But having said that, Long hair makes me swoon no matter what colour it is! :smitten:
Agreed. Long hair and a beard and Im good. The grizzly adams look if you will. I normally was bigger into dark haired guys, but my man now is blonde and sexy.

As I said to my sister earlier "I dont care what ethnicity a guy is, as long as he's fat"

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
Um,how come Blue isn't an option here??? I have to deal with it from the DMV, and now here as well? :D

-Uriel

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

I prefer Blonde, lol. But that's not an end all be all, obviously I married a dark haired male. :)

I think Justin Timberlake is the ideal male. Swoon. lol. Im a 30 year old pop star groupie, lol

Actually, I am of two minds. I want a tall blonde, muscular male. Or a dark haired chubby/fat male. I had the latter until he lost weight:(

Now, when it comes to women....I like all hair colours....and I like them very very fat:D

Shosh

Susannah
I like dark hair on men. Men with salt and pepper grey streaked hair also turn my crank.:D

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

I like dark hair on men. Men with salt and pepper grey streaked hair also turn my crank.:D
Oh god!!! You are soooo not the only one. I had a physics professor who was very young (like 30) and was fully grey.....good lord. I never ever missed that class!!!! I wanted him so much and he knew it, lol.

Shosh

Susannah
Oh god!!! You are soooo not the only one. I had a physics professor who was very young (like 30) and was fully grey.....good lord. I never ever missed that class!!!! I wanted him so much and he knew it, lol.
Hahaha.

It does things to me.;):p I liked streaked though, some black with streaks of grey.

Shosh

Susannah
Me too, swoon. I keep trying to tell Mike to grow his hair out cos he went grey at like 15. But he is a man of GREAT vanity, lol.
Lol.

A guy I really liked went and dyed his salt and pepper hair back to brown.
I was devastated.

Thanks for killing my turn on mate.:rolleyes::D

Nothing worse than an obvious dye job on a guy that is going grey. Let nature take it's course. It is so delicious.;):D

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Um,how come Blue isn't an option here??? I have to deal with it from the DMV, and now here as well? :D

-Uriel
I think I've said it many times: blue is my ultimate favourite.

....but that wasn't the question. Haha. :D

Red

I love this combination. My friends all think it's funny as previous boyfs always look like such a contrast to myself. One friend keeps trying to get me together with ginger blokes just for the sake of protecting the ginger gene :rolleyes: I just can't go there though, it's simply not my type.

Its all about contrast...

dark hair and dark eyes = wobbly knees :wubu:

Latest posts