Quantcast

Body hair

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Corey

Corey
@littlefairywren I am all too familiar with your story of the wax crystallizing. When my sister was getting her cosmetology license she asked to wax me. I was about to take a week long beach vacation with my boyfriend and so I thought, “What a great idea!” It was not a great idea. The wax crystallized and when she waxed my bikini line MY GOD I think I passed out and had to be resuscitated. My inner thighs were black and purple for a month from bruising. My thighs made it seem like I was a freak in the sheets. 😳 We still laugh about it.

Moral of the story is, do not allow your sister who overflowed the dishwasher with bubbles due to using the wrong dish soap to ever wax your body.

Last edited:
@littlefairywren I am all too familiar with your story of the wax crystallizing. When my sister was getting her cosmetology license she asked to wax me. I was about to take a week long beach vacation with my boyfriend and so I thought, “What a great idea!” It was not a great idea. The wax crystallized and when she waxed my bikini line MY GOD I think I passed out and had to be resuscitated. My inner thighs were black and purple for a month from bruising. My thighs made it seem like I was a freak in the sheets. 😳 We still laugh about it.

Moral of the story is, do not allow your sister who overflowed the dishwasher with bubbles due to using the wrong dish soap to ever wax your body.
Oh wow! Legs are bad enough when the wax crystallises, but your bikini line wins haha. You poor thing! My sister has never assisted me to wax (probably should have), but each time she's cut my hair she's cut each of my ears. I should just let all my body hairs do their own thing considering how much of a train-wreck my attempts at hair removal tend to be.

Unfortunately I do love the feeling after hair removal, so I just have to be careful. I think it's just me and sharp/hot objects, because each time I cook I'll either cut or burn myself. I set my sleeve on fire once, but that's another story.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I have my beard. I like my beard. I can be (and have been, twice) talked into shaving it off, but the person who asks must be very special.
I have always been very particular about the hair on my head; naturally-curly, which I have worn long for almost all of my life (very grumpy about the prospect of getting haircuts), up until somewhat recently.

My "normal" look:

"Recent" look:

When I started working in a foundry at the beginning of 2019, especially when I was working in the Melt Shop as custodian of the molten metal, and wearing a hard-hat all day long, I started to get tired of looking like a drowned rat every time I took off my hard-hat, so I went extreme (much like when I gain weight), and I cut most of it off.
Well, I had a lady-barber cut it off the first couple of times, then I learned how to cut it like this, myself, because my work schedule stopped being in sync with hers.
For the first time in my life, I actually like having short (crew-cut with a fade) hair.
I've been lazy during the lockdown, so my hair has started growing back out in my recent pics.
Crew-cuts are absolutely no fuss in the mornings. Where as before, there was product and a hair-dryer involved. Not that I ever minded that (especially after all of the compliments I get from women, and sometimes having one of them run their fingers through it), but it does save time in the mornings not having to deal with all of the hair management.

With regard to body hair, I don't consider myself to be extremely hairy (I mean, I have noticeable body hair, any of my shirtless pictures around here will show that), but I'm not one of those guys who look like they are wearing a shirt when they aren't. (For which I am thankful.)
So I don't obsess over it, really.
I did, however, shave my armpits for awhile during a particularly hellaciously hot summer several years ago. I did it at first just to see if it would help with dealing with the heat, but I repeated it for awhile because I noticed that doing so stopped the wet underarm area in my shirts thing. I was kinda self-conscious about lifting my arms while at work (back when I worked in an office with mostly women).
I also shaved my nether-region a couple of times, but despite it helping with the end-of-day jungle funk when disrobing, the several nicks to sensitive structures made it more trouble than it was worth.

Oh, and I've tried the waxing thing (had it done). Once.
On the back of my neck, and between my eyebrows.

Never again.

The area between my eyebrows isn't that bad (my sister has a thicker "unibrow" than I do). Waste of time.

The back of my neck was a frakking nightmare. It gave me a migraine. So definitely never again.

Last edited:
I love stories...
Okey dokey :)

A long time ago when I was married and in a new house, I decided to have my in-laws over for dinner. I spent the day doing the whole cleaning and cooking thing. The problem was that this was my first time adjusting to a gas stove. All was going well and I was running early, so I went upstairs to get all tizzied up and came downstairs feeling pretty in a lace top with bell sleeves. Channelling Nigella Lawson I was swanning about with my stupid sleeves and decided to stir my French casserole, thus placing my sleeve in the flame. I am a slow mover (even then), but I ran about flapping my arm wildly as I realised the food smelled weirdly like burning fabric. I flew past my shocked husband and straight into the bathroom and stuck my arm into the toilet and flushed. A lot! As I came out in a sweaty one sleeved mess my guests arrived.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Yes, you want to see a freak out session from a man, don't shave for a few days and then get in the sack with them lol!
Ummm well um… Yes, smooth legs can be an amazingly wonderful sensation. But anyone shaving parts of themselves for a lover rather than themselves may want to check in first with that lover.

Back in 1996 i was connecting with my first actual BBW love. Internet romance: Maine (her) to California (me). alt.sex.fat, emails, very long phone calls—long, involved romantic story.

Early in this process when things were looking serious for us getting together for a whirlwind one week extended live-together first date, she warned me: “I’m hirsute. I have dark hairy arms” (and hair other places).

“Yeah, OK; i get it: hairy arms and facial hair. Check.”

“No, I don’t think you understand. My arms are dark, thick, and hairy, like the hairiest dentist’s arms you’ve ever seen.” (Her father was a dentist, hence the analogy i’m guessing.)

“Your arms are thick with hair and the hair is dark, correct?”

“Yes. And you’re OK with that?!”

“Mmm, sure” (shoulder shrug, invisible during the voice phone call).

So she takes a week’s vacation and flies out. Adventures happen, ups and downs, lots of love and laughs, a few tears. Long involved romantic story, with doubts and uncertainties esp. once she returned home and i started working at Apple and fell into SSBBW Tech Nerd Heaven of a sort (and utterly failed to participate in any of that).

Fast-forward to a few months later. We committed to living together, in California. Flew to Maine, met her ginormous-in-number (to me at least) Catholic family of 9 siblings + her (she’s #7), lots of other adventures culminating in a romantic and mildly wild U.S. highways (not Interstates) road trip back west to move her and her stuff out.

So we’re living together and settling in, getting further used to each other and each other’s bodies. I confess right here and now to you all here on Dimensions that i did the nearly unthinkable: i asked her to change her body to suit my preferences.

Specifically, i struggled with the mismatch between her smooth legs and her hairy arms, which were exactly as she described them: hairy dark and muscular. Along with her big puffy hands that i liked to squeeze as i made Whoopa Whoopa sound effects (as though her hand was bulging like a balloon with each squeeze), her arms were thick and muscular in a way that along with the hair made them absolutely indistinguishable from BHM arms.

My request was along the lines of: “I don’t care whether you start shaving your arms or stop shaving your legs, but i’d really like it if your arms and legs to match” (in terms of hair growth).

You get exactly one guess which she picked.

The leg stubble proved a bit annoying as it grew out, though once past the stubble stage, she found things were OK. Other than she felt mortified if anyone other than me saw her hairy legs (yet never minded that everyone saw her hairy arms in the short sleeve shirts she very reasonably preferred), ergo long pants were in her mind mandatory whenever she went out in public for many years.

I had no trouble whatsoever lavishing caressing affectionate love on her hairy arms, legs, and anywhere else. As one who doesn’t enjoy shaving and avoids doing so every single day, i considered it a feature that she too had beard stubble. It was romantic (to me at least) rubbing our stubbly chins together affectionately.

The funny part (at least to me)?: apparently her leg hair follicles gave up, not all that many months or maybe a year after she ceased shaving. We haven’t been lovers or platonic affectionate or anything involving physical contact nor emotional support or any of that for well over a decade, but we’re still friends and housemates, so i still see her legs. They’re almost totally smooth—no shaving involved. She long ago got over the long pants restriction, and has freely worn shorts for years now. The ’stache and beard hair follicles have not given up, and all still get tweezed. The arms have never been touched, remaining as gloriously darkly hairy today as 24 years ago.

Latest posts