Quantcast

Bras...............

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Hathor

stolen child
I'm just ranting!

I have a lot of really old bras that are finally starting to fall apart. I bought them all at Lane Bryant and my mom said she'd buy me all new bras as a treat. I've been viewing their website today and am quite disappointed to find that the bras I would like are not offered above a size 44.

I'm a 46C.

I have been to 3 other sites after doing a Google search for "plus size bras". At those sites I was unable to find any pretty bras in a 46A, B, C, or what have you.

I'm not that big. At least I don't think so. I'm surprised at Lane Bryant is limiting their sizes to 44DDD (or something like that).

In fact, I'm surprised that I'm having a helluva time finding any cute bras or pushup bras in my size. ARGH!!!! So I will continue the search, but I just wanted to get this off my chest (no pun intended).

Does anyone else find themselves having the same problem when it comes to finding a certain size?

:doh:

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
I wear a 46DDD, and I use bra extenders for bras that only go up to 44DDD. Not ideal, but I just love the plunge bras. I definetly wouldn't suggest them for going up more than one size though.

olwen

Disco Bear
I wear a 46DDD, and I use bra extenders for bras that only go up to 44DDD. Not ideal, but I just love the plunge bras. I definetly wouldn't suggest them for going up more than one size though.
That's a good idea. Hathor, if you can find a bra you like that is a 44 or a 42, but also in a C cup, then bra extenders will allow you to wear them. You can find bra extenders at woman within. They don't have four prong bra extenders but you can use two, two prong ones for a bra with four hooks, and since they come 12 to a pack you will have plenty.

Hathor

stolen child
The plunge bras are the ones I am interested in, so thanks for the suggestions about getting extenders. I never thought about those!

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I know that you probably "shouldn't" use more than 1 set of extenders, but I actually sew one into each side of the bra and it works fine. I do it so that I don't have to deal with getting the damn thing hooked in every time I wear it, and now its just part if the bra. I only rarely have a problem with strap slippage, which is sometimes a problem with bra extension.

Basically, I refuse to have ugly ass bras and if I have to jack up a 44, be it a plunge or 5-way convertible or what have you, to make it wearable, I totally will.

The ONLY thing that sucks is that a while back, LB had this AMAZING Pink and Orange bra that I wanted but didn't do it because the extenders would have been totally obvious.

The bra was cute enough though, I should have said fuck it and just done it.

Sigh.

Good luck!

katorade

I would suggest actually going to LB and trying them on as virtually all bras are different. For years I thought I was a 46C, and recently found out I was actually a 42DD in LB sizing, and even then I have to fluctuate a bit between different styles. For instance, I'm a 44D in their push-up bra, a 42DD in the balconette, and a 42D in the plunge!

The 46C fit, and was comfortable, BUT I had issues with my straps staying up and having side support and any sign of cleavage. I was afraid the 42 band size would be too tight, but it's actually more comfortable to wear long term.

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
I'm pretty sure Torrid sells 46, at least I saw them in the store. And they sell really cute bras.

*edit* I guess it's just the strapless bras. Or in store. I dunno I tried checking a few online with no luck.

Laura2008

Chicago hotdog
Go to Lane Bryant and have them measure you. I was in there a few months ago and the sales lady brought me the whole collection of bras to try on. The ones I thought I would like I didn't and vise versa. Some went up to a 48E.

AnotherJessica

I'm not really comfortable with giving Facebook un
I'm a 46A and it took me a while to find a bra that I liked. It was hard enough finding one in my size let alone one that wasn't hideous so I completely understand. I had luck on the Just My Size website. I personally prefer wirefree bras but they have similar ones with an underwire if that's what you like. Here are a couple of links:
http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=19488&cgnbr=3031000000
http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=19487&cgnbr=3031000000

Good luck!

LovelyLiz

Never mind. Just saw that you were only interested in the plunge style!

(If you change your mind though - I swear by this bra from LB, and it does come in your size.)

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I feel your pain. I am a 48B and most places like LB don't even have them that big. I have to get them at either Walmart, K-Mart, or Roses dept store when they have them, or the Leggs, Hanes Bali, Underwear stores or mail order. The closest Leggs, Hanes Bali, Underwear store is an hr and 1/2 from me. So I just usually hit them whenever I got to Nags Head since they have one there. And yes the Bra extender thing works. Also if I find a bra in size 48 cheap but it's a c or d, I will buy it and fold over the cups and sew them by hand to make them smaller. Because 48B is hard to find, I tend to keep bra's for yrs until they fall apart and have way too many now. I had seen this cute bra in the Woman Within catalog and liked it but never got around to buying it. I am now sorry I didn't get it cuz my late hubby will never get to see me in it...

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
I know that you probably "shouldn't" use more than 1 set of extenders, but I actually sew one into each side of the bra and it works fine. I do it so that I don't have to deal with getting the damn thing hooked in every time I wear it, and now its just part if the bra. I only rarely have a problem with strap slippage, which is sometimes a problem with bra extension.

Basically, I refuse to have ugly ass bras and if I have to jack up a 44, be it a plunge or 5-way convertible or what have you, to make it wearable, I totally will.

The ONLY thing that sucks is that a while back, LB had this AMAZING Pink and Orange bra that I wanted but didn't do it because the extenders would have been totally obvious.

The bra was cute enough though, I should have said fuck it and just done it.

Sigh.

Good luck!
I have strap slippage even if I don't use bra extenders. I've been measured several times so I know it's not because of the wrong bra size.

You should have bought the pink and orange bra. I have bright coloured ones that I wear and I don't care about the extender. I buy them because I like them and frankly, I can't see the back so I don't care if the extender stands out! :p

Flutterby68

My Cups Runneth Over
Go to a Lane Bryant store and get MEASURED. You're probably wearing the wrong size - most women are.

Also... I wear an F cup, and LB does carry them. But manufacturers and styles are different, and you may wear a different size for each. The sales clerk at LB would know the differences AND you can try them on.

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
That's a good idea. Hathor, if you can find a bra you like that is a 44 or a 42, but also in a C cup, then bra extenders will allow you to wear them. You can find bra extenders at woman within. They don't have four prong bra extenders but you can use two, two prong ones for a bra with four hooks, and since they come 12 to a pack you will have plenty.
Torrid sells 4 prong bra extenders

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/product.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302036095&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524442171091&bmUID=1262503170734

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
Torrid sells 4 prong bra extenders
I sell extenders in every size from one hook to four hook so if I can help anyone just shout. Also - if you have a brightly coloured bra you want to wear and need an extender just go for a flesh coloured one. It wont match but it will be invisible under your clothes which is all that really matters :)

Also - if you have problems with the straps falling off your shoulders it might not be anything to do with your Bra, just that your shoulders are curved. As long as it fits right and holds the girls in then a strap like the one in the pic can help. You can buy them from me but they're pretty simple to make for yourself too...

Bra strap extenders and accessories

Tracey xx

View attachment Rara room 09.jpg

LovelyLiz

Also - if you have problems with the straps falling off your shoulders it might not be anything to do with your Bra, just that your shoulders are curved. As long as it fits right and holds the girls in then a strap like the one in the pic can help. You can buy them from me but they're pretty simple to make for yourself too...
Sorry for the tangent...but I have a question about those straps that go in the back to keep the main bra straps from falling. I get dressed by myself (meaning, don't live with anyone who can help)...so while I like those things and find them helpful, I find it really hard to put them on by myself. Any tips?

Hathor

stolen child
Never mind. Just saw that you were only interested in the plunge style!

(If you change your mind though - I swear by this bra from LB, and it does come in your size.)
Not only that one, but it's one I've wanted to try for a long time.

Latest posts