Cabbage

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by smithnwesson, Dec 27, 2014.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Jan 16, 2015 #21

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd

I can attest to the excellence of lazy cabbage rolls! I omit the sugar, vinegar, and water, but will try putting them in next time. Other variations I can recommend are serving them over pasta and replacing regular diced tomatoes with Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers (not for the faint of heart).

2. Jan 16, 2015 #22

EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess

Basalmic glazed cabbage

Reduce 1 cup of basalmic vinegar with three table spoons of brown sugar.

Sautée chopped cabbage 2 inch squares in a little evoo and salt and pepper when just tender toss with glaze until covered.

Very tasty

Fuzzy likes this.
  3. Jan 26, 2015 #23

Adamantoise

Adamantoise

Adamantoise

Senpai hasn't noticed...

Boiled cabbage slices with my Sunday Roast dinner, with a tiny bit of black pepper - I absolutely love it, I've been eating it for as long as I can remember.

Green Eyed Fairy likes this.
  4. Jan 27, 2015 #24

EMH1701

EMH1701

EMH1701

Recently made a diced potatoes, can of Frank's sauerkraut, and sliced polish sausage (smoked) hot dish. Basically, I mixed them all together in a casserole dish, added a can of Campbell's cream of soup, and stuck them into the oven at 350 degrees for an hour, long enough to cook the potatoes. Turned out decent, though I should've had more potatoes. Oh, well.

5. Jan 27, 2015 #25

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd

I've looked for Campbell's cream of soup at the grocery, but they don't carry it. It sounds very basic, which I find intriguing.

Green Eyed Fairy likes this.
  6. Jan 29, 2015 #26

EMH1701

EMH1701

EMH1701

It's any Cream of soup you happen to have on hand. Most of them are so bland that it really does not matter which one you use in any given hotdish recipe (cream of mushroom vs. cream of broccoli vs. cream of celery vs. cream of chicken). If anything, I would avoid using the cheesy and tomato-based cream soups simply because they probably won't work with sauerkraut.

7. Feb 9, 2015 #27

RubyRipples

RubyRipples

RubyRipples

My favourite cabbage recipe is one from my ex mother in law who worked in a posh pub that did food too. She said it was Hungarian and she called it (phonetic here, no idea of the spelling!) kolisvarry. If anyone knows what the real name/spelling is, pls tell!

Half a white (ordinary pale green) cabbage sliced so its in shreds
    kabanos sliced
    cream
    paprika
    salt

Put the cabbage mixed with kabanos and some salt into a microwaveable dish. sprinkle paprika over the top then pour cream all over it. Then put clingfilm all over the top and just pierce a little hole for steam to escape. Cook on high heat for around 12 minutes, til the cabbage is tender. This is also very good eaten at room temperature as part of a buffet.