Cakes, Cakes, Cakes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jrose123

This thread is all about cakes.

Show your favourite cakes, your favourite recipes, funny stories, maybe your own creations... all about cakes.

Everyone is welcome to add their treasures.

Here is my todays result:

Birthday cake - Rainbow Racing

View attachment 141646
Cheap and good is cake mix brownies. I box
This thread is all about cakes.

Show your favourite cakes, your favourite recipes, funny stories, maybe your own creations... all about cakes.

Everyone is welcome to add their treasures.

Here is my todays result:

Birthday cake - Rainbow Racing

View attachment 141646
Try cake mix brownies.
I like to make strawberry brownies with cream cheese frosting.
Brownie recipe:
1 box cake mix (strawberry)
1/3 cup oil or butter
2 eggs
8×8 pan, greased.
Mix Ingredients. Spread evenly into pan. Bake 20-30 minutes at 350°. Brownies should look dense and moist, almost slightly undercooked. Remove from oven. Allow to completely cool. Frost with canned or homemade frosting. Cover pan and refrigerate 4 hours. Cut into 12 squares.
Any flavor cake mix can be used. Chocolate for fudge. Lemon. Butter recipe and chocolate chips. Birthday cake and white chocolate chips. The only limits is your imagination.
Double the recipe for a 9×13 pan.
1/2 cups of add-ins like chocolate chips, nuts or candy is enough for one recipe.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
One of my best friends when asked what the ideal cake looked like answered: "Something with fruit.... and chocolate .... and alcohol"

That indeed sums up quite well what I would consider a good combination for any cake, tarte, gateau... whatever - and I have come up with a number of options.

Another one of my personal staples are cheesecakes of all types - not least because I inherited a great classic recipe from my great-great-aunt and my mother is a cheese cake addict.
This also covers the whole range from German style baked cheese cake over French fromage blanc to classic American cheese cake in all variations - topped off by several based on Greek strained yoghurt I adapted over time.

A late "cake love" in my life are Strudel - not least since the dough is really easy to make, takes only 2 minutes and the focus is on the filling with endless options there..... Plus, Strudel is also good as a quick fresh bake for only 2 people and ideal for getting rid of all type of leftovers.

DazzlingAnna

✈ 🇬🇷
DM Supporter
Does tiramisu count as "cake"?
Well for me it definitely is a cake.

Last weekend I was at a strawberry field and got a lot of strawberries there.
I like "original taste" tiramisu with espresso in it this time I made strawberry tiramisu.
AMAZING!

20210627_165607.jpg

TheShannan

Cats, Dave Grohl and Dr. Phil 🙃❤️✌️
I just saw a recipe for a cake that Queen Elizabeth loves. It's basically a no bake, Icebox cake with biscuit type cookies and dark chocolate. Gonna try!!! ❤❤❤❤