Quantcast

Calling All Artists

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

tnekkralc1956

I'd like to keep this thread tasteful. Let's leave sOmething to the imagination, please. I want you artists to come out here and shine. Give your best.

... please keep the public applause to a minimum, -mEanINg- keep your kudo's and criticizisms between you and the artist; intimacy comes to mind. If nothing else, you have my thanks for it. I'll start with...

Eve. And if I were Adam I'd have said, "LORD... Thank You."

With minumal postwork this is all CG. Built her in Poser 5; textured, lit, and gave her life in Vue 5 Infinite. Thanks for looking. That's all I desire.

View attachment 19734

tnekkralc1956

Mistress of the Deep.

Poser 5, Bryce 5.5, and her hair in Corel, for anyone interested.

Thanks for lurking.

tnekkralc1956

OK, here's my third offering. The most serious of the three. Poser 5, Vue 5 Infinite. Layers in Corel. Thanks for thinking it over.

Anorexia!

Daimon

These are all great and I imagine it took quite some time to complete. The third stands out because you really nailed the anatomy. Have you checked out Zbrush? I've seen some astonishing work using that app.

CG is fascinating, and of course is only in its infancy. I've been tinkering with Cinema4d, which I find daunting--and that's considered the easy one--for over a year now. There seems to be a lot of self taught artists, so I persevere inchmeal trying to teach myself.

If you're looking for more feedback you may want to try the main board or the weight board.

Kevin

tnekkralc1956

Poser and Bryce... post work in Corel. I am redoing several previous works to fit the theme here. This one, for instance, originally was a muscle-bound bodybuilder the first time I showed her. Now we see she's grown... away from the Schwarzenegger look. Last time I saw Arnold, come to think of it, so had he. Thanks for looking.

tnekkralc1956

This one is rendered completely in Poser so it's easy to edit your characters and Poser has the best native lighting of it class. Postwork in Corel. Thanks for lurking some more. It's hard to see from this angle and lighting, but her eyes glow green in the dark and she has HB's face and coloring with a catty little sneer, too...

tnekkralc1956

This is one of my personal favorites rerendered in Vue using a feature called Ecosystem that allows you to 'populate' your scene with an object such as the Royal Angelfish I've used here.

tnekkralc1956

Another Vue rendering. Again, the original Queen Faery was a rather spindly creature much in keeping with the general mainstream concept. I like that version too, mind you, but I like this one better for its realism: everyone KNOWS the queen gets more nectar...

tnekkralc1956

Just finished this render, all original concept. No sleep. All in Poser 5 & 7. Color adjustments in Corel. I'm gonna have to say this is my personal best and like I said, Poser can do fantastic lighting. This one also has a slight depth of field blur for the astute to be reassured. Thanks for vueing. Have to go chisel for a living now. It's quit raining, too...

qtttlkmop

this is definitely some of the best poser stuff i've ever seen!

tnekkralc1956

for each of your comments and votes.

rainyday has privately assured me that I am a heathen as of my last posting. She's always so coy, its hard to know where she stands. I wish she'd make herself more clear;)
Usually I'll respond back in private, particularly to technical responses so don't think I'm ignoring any of you, please. Just trying not to clutter up the gallery itself with words is all. Thanks again.:bow:

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the pictures in posts 4 and 10 identical?

Latest posts