Cancelled!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
No, Ryan and I didn't break up. However, after being badgered to death by friends and family, we've come to the conclusion it's best I fly out Saturday.

If I've learned anything about Dimensions people, it's how kind and giving they are of themselves, especially Jane, Misty, Tina, JoyJoy, Sandie, Saucy, Missaf, and probably a whole bunch more I'm forgetting. Ultimately, it's just safer for a 21 y/o woman to fly rather than drive a ten year old car. Sorry to keep switching gears, and I can't express how much your charity means to me.

And finally, a note to Conrad: You couldn't have a better community of people here.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I'm really, really glad to hear this Casey. I was always a bit worried about this journey (it's just a long trip alone, with lots of room for things to go wrong), and certainly would have felt better if you'd had a trip buddy... but this is a great, and much easier for all, turn of events.

Yay!!! :)

Tina

Older and wiser now
TheSadeianLinguist said:
No, Ryan and I didn't break up. However, after being badgered to death by friends and family, we've come to the conclusion it's best I fly out Saturday.

If I've learned anything about Dimensions people, it's how kind and giving they are of themselves, especially Jane, Misty, Tina, JoyJoy, Sandie, Saucy, Missaf, and probably a whole bunch more I'm forgetting. Ultimately, it's just safer for a 21 y/o woman to fly rather than drive a ten year old car. Sorry to keep switching gears, and I can't express how much your charity means to me.

And finally, a note to Conrad: You couldn't have a better community of people here.

Charity? Silly woman, it would have been great to have met you, and certainly not charity, and I can't imagine anyone else thought of it that way, either. Sorry I won't get to meet you, but it sounds like this might be the best way to go. Have a great trip. :)

S

saucywench

TheSadeianLinguist said:

My mother will be glad to hear that, Casey; she was really worried about you traveling across country alone. And, to tell the truth, I did, too, the more I thought about it.

Don't worry about us. Although I will miss meeting you, I much prefer that you arrive at your destination safely. Not to mention that the bathroom door is not back up yet. :)

Ericthonius

Unrepentant
Not cancelled, Casey... Postponed. A slight delay, nothing more.

Life has it's own time table and you're smart enough to know not to swim against the tide. You'll get there. You don't seem to be the type to be easily deterred or really deterred at all.

With fingers crossed...

:bow:

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
I miss not getting to meet everyone! (And I'm nosy. I NEED to know what's under JoyJoy's bed. I'm like that.)

JoyJoy

The dust bunnies and stray socks will miss getting to meet you...but not moreso than I! I'm disappointed, but as everyone else has said, glad to know you'll be making a safer trip by flying. Perhaps we'll get another chance at some point!

Mini

Right, not nice
Better to be safe than... not... safe.

3 more days!

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
And I get to be picked up by Ryan's dad possibly! He's possibly the only person on earth who likes talking more than I do.

missaf

I was 28 years old and travelling with my then four year old from New Hampshire to California :) It was risky and daring and fun! It was actually a pilgrimage for me, leaving my old life behind and getting excited for the new :)

But flying would have been less stressful! LOL

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
Ha, if I had to ship my stuff UPS I'd have to pay them enough money to buy several additional trucks, but Casey probably doesn't have as much junk as I do.;)

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
Mostly, I have clothes, and a few books, and a small tv. The rest of the crap I don't need is going to family and friends, and to a charity yardsale for a local spay/neuter program. UPS is getting what I keep.

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
TheSadeianLinguist said:
Mostly, I have clothes, and a few books, and a small tv. The rest of the crap I don't need is going to family and friends, and to a charity yardsale for a local spay/neuter program. UPS is getting what I keep.

This makes me wish I wasn't such a packrat...I have a 46" HDTV as my main TV, then 2 smaller TVs, numerous computers, stereo components, 3 closets full of clothes, washer, refrigerator, full set of furniture for every room, ~1500 books (plus 3 bookcases), etc etc etc etc etc.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Good grief, Kelley! It sounds more like your possessions own you than the other way around!! You have great taste in clothing, though... ;) :D

Latest posts