Caronavirus

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Salacious Caitlin

We have an announcement pending despite there being no cases that I know of in our county. On the one hand if I could work from home, bliss and heaven... on the other, many of our students will be totally lost and confused if suddenly switched to online, and not all the work can be done remotely.

stevita

like the pancake
I'm out of work for abt a week and a half since I had taken a leave of absence from my regular job to work the Rodeo and it got canceled. Luckily my boss at the restaurant I work at called me to come pick up shifts and even offered me a promotion, but my schedule's not what it would have been until the next one gets published.

Orchid

My DD her university/college in midwest is still deciding about this. If they close it will be right after spring break.
Some other colleges/unis gave students just 24 hours to empty the dorm, very unfair as the semester is prepaid for study/housing/foodmealplan. Not all students have homes/parents to go to. Some USA students are homeless and have no funds to pay somewhere to stay. Some of the international students have no means to fly home to poor countries etc. My DD was offered housing by her chinese professor and by friends also who live area of uni. Returning home is no option no flights to Europe now.

For me pharmacy has no stock on certain cardiac meds I use so got generic replacements which usually have more side effects. No vitamin D all dosages sold out, hence I ordered from other country, the package arrived earlier by 1 day. The german pharmacies have more items also.

My S/O works for himself but he had to get materials for his small business from an area that has more cases so he wanted to get the things before more measures take place.

Grocery shops have empty shelves. He finally admit. I told him weeks earlier about this after seeing what happen in UK.Shelves stripped bare, no TP no handsanitizer. Same situation grocery shops other EU countries, people are stockpiling food now.

Handsanitizers are sold out, no masks, even medical personell is low on masks. Same as in UK peeps are stealing sanitizer from hospitals.
I am homebound and only leave for medical appointments in normal times. I have one upcoming appt for dental cleaning next month. Thinking about calling it off to cancel.

I read about Coronavirus news at variety of countries to keep up with news.

Youtube the channel by Dr John Campbell he is in UK and gives good helpful advice on CV.
See

Corey

Corey
There is an extended spring break for the private university down the street from my house. They are taking precaution because the university is big on taking mission trips out of country. Yesterday, I received an email from the headmaster of my children’s private elementary school stating that they are still deciding on what to do. I’m not sure about public schools, but at our private school, absences will no longer count against the children for the rest of the school year. They don’t want anyone coming to school while sick (if they are afraid of missing more school due to already having a lot of absences). Another thing...we couldn’t find Lysol or toilet paper at the super market the other day, either. 😂 No idea what toilet paper has to do with the coronavirus, but okay. But people are going way overboard with emptying the shelves of any sanitizing product. Three people in my house had the flu last week (my husband currently), and we had to buy Lysol on line and wait for it to arrive the next day. It’s bonkers.

Erestor

Enjoys lionfish
We're taking midterms right now, and the school has just decided to close down. We have a lot of international kids and first-generation low-income students on financial aid, so this is somewhat problematic. Better than collectively getting sick but we have a week to finish taking midterms, pack, and find somewhere to stay off campus.

Corey

Corey
You’re a brave soul, Anna. See, this coronavirus scare is perfect for introverts like myself. When I do go in public, all I have to do is fake sneeze right into my hands a million times and walk the aisles mumbling, “Oh, I feel so weak and unhealthy, very ill...” When it’s gone, I’ll have no excuse.

Corey

Corey
We're taking midterms right now, and the school has just decided to close down. We have a lot of international kids and first-generation low-income students on financial aid, so this is somewhat problematic. Better than collectively getting sick but we have a week to finish taking midterms, pack, and find somewhere to stay off campus.
That sounds really rough, I’m sorry. Especially packing everything up and finding somewhere to stay.

Corey

Corey
It's okay! I have a kind friend from Arizona who I will crash with for the time being. Midterms though

I am on this site after two years of lurking because
avoiding cramming :(
I’m glad to hear that! Midterms, man I remember those. Not fun. Best of luck to you on those. But also, I’m glad you’re back.:)

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I see the NBA just suspended the remainder of their season. Doesn’t affect me because I’m not an NBA fan but that’s big news either way.

Corey

Corey
I see the NBA just suspended the remainder of their season. Doesn’t affect me because I’m not an NBA fan but that’s big news either way.
And also big news because apparently Tom Hanks and his wife now have the virus. My husband told me this, and I haven’t checked to see if he was pulling my leg or not, so don’t quote me on it.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
And also big news because apparently Tom Hanks and his wife now have the virus. My husband told me this, and I haven’t checked to see if he was pulling my leg or not, so don’t quote me on it.
I haven’t seen that but I don’t really follow the news all that closely. There is big business in spooking the herd and I just don’t know if I’m buying.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
My advices: keep calm, keep clean (wash your hands), send co-workers who feel ill home immediately. - Breathe calmly - don't panic.

And if you get this corona infection avoid contact to weak and old people who really could get in serious problems. btw. that applies on any virus infection. ;)

✌

Orchid

One of the China videos states one of the CV symptoms is diarrhoea. The run on toiletpaper started with pictures videos from Asian countries stockpiling TP. Then later UK and EU follow with buying or more TP.

Corey

Corey
I want to iterate the seriousness of coronavirus and make it clear that I don’t think it’s a small deal. Although (in my opinion, and from where I’m located in the South) the coronavirus has blown way out of proportion, I most definitely would not be joking if one of my loved ones contacted it. Just to be clear- I’m not joking about the actual virus itself, but I am referring to the extreme response of people selfishly emptying stores of essentials such as toilet paper, cleaning products, Lysol etc. when they don’t actually need the products in bulk. For example, last week I saw a guy buying SIX packs of toilet paper (24 to a pack). Others had their carts filled with cleaning supplies. It leaves others empty handed when they need it the most. A week and a half ago I had the flu, and luckily we had left over disinfectant cleaners in my home. Then my daughter caught the flu (and then strep), and now my husband has bronchitis. We ran out of Lysol, but when I went to the supermarket yesterday, there was not a cleaning supply or disinfectant spray in sight. I called other stores to see if they had any and they didn’t, so I had to order my supplies on Amazon and I’m waiting for them to arrive today. People are buying in bulk, leaving the actual sick people in emergency situations and it makes me mad. I have 3 young children in my house (one of them a baby), and this leaves me super nervous and upset. So, I just want to make my comments clear in case someone takes them as being callous. I haven’t been able to keep up with current events lately due to taking care of sick people in my home, so I had no idea that people are being displaced from universities and left to fend for themselves. That truly breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone being affected by this, physically and emotionally. ❤

Latest posts