Celebrities in fatsuits

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
She might be describing herself as "big", because that's how she identifies. I know I've always identified as a fat man on the inside, even when I was thin on the outside. Could she be a potential gainer?
Maybe she identifies as "big", could be the reason.
I think in media business it is more likely to use this way of polarization to be recognized and stay in business.
And with this fat suit cover the got some attention.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Maybe she identifies as "big", could be the reason.
I think in media business it is more likely to use this way of polarization to be recognized and stay in business.
And with this fat suit cover the got some attention.
I'll have to trust you about that. I don't watch television.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Nope, only star I think is big right now is on TV - This is Us - Chrissy Metz.

Well, Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
The man that plays her husband wore a fat suit for all of the episodes until this last set before the show’s mid season break. He suddenly found CrossFit and is now a big guy with muscles and abs. When I first found out he was wearing a fat suit it irritated me quite a bit. I was certain there were plenty of big men that could play that part. Now with the plot twist of the Cross Fit, I can understand the purpose of the fat suit.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
The man that plays her husband wore a fat suit for all of the episodes until this last set before the show’s mid season break. He suddenly found CrossFit and is now a big guy with muscles and abs. When I first found out he was wearing a fat suit it irritated me quite a bit. I was certain there were plenty of big men that could play that part. Now with the plot twist of the Cross Fit, I can understand the purpose of the fat suit.
Stories tend to develop only this way. Not from slim to big - or is that a false impression of mine?

(except pregnancies of course, surprisingly fast after giving birth they are as slim as before pregnancy)

Last edited:

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
I'll have to trust you about that. I don't watch television.
Wait, you mean just generally speaking? Or as a matter of principle?

The fat suit controversy is a bit different from, say, someone wearing black-face or otherwise portraying a character of a different racial or ethnic background. It's not the kind of thing about which we can so readily meaningfully generalize, it actually depends on some more context, how the fat character is actually being portrayed.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Wait, you mean just generally speaking? Or as a matter of principle?
I just don't find much of what is on TV in New Zealand to be very interesting. I watch the 6 O'Clock News on my computer and that's about it. I have a life and I would rather live my life than watch other people living their lives. I don't have anything against TV or the people who watch it. I just find that other things exert a stronger pull on me.

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
Mhmm...calls to mind what Socrates said about the problem with the poets and playwrights, encouraging a kind of vicarious living.
Yes, but unlike Socrates, I don't take a moral stance against TV. I just find many other things more interesting.

Reactions: Tad