• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Changing Habits (pt 1-14) - by Staolea (BBW, Eating, Imagery, Friendship, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
BBW, Eating, Imagery, Friendship, ~SWG – a college roommate learns big things from her roomie's self-confidence

Changing Habits
by Staolea

(reposted from Curvage with author’s permission)

(Authors Note:
This story is told in the first person by Jess, as she recalls her time spent with her college roommate Kristen. I've made several starts to stories before but ended up abandoning them, this is my first story that has reached any substantial length. I hope you enjoy!)

Part I
It was the spring semester of my Junior year of college. There was only one month of classes remaining before summer break. Everyone's schedule was hectic with tests, upcoming exams, and trying to find time to party with friends.

My roommate Kristen and I were walking back to our dorm after class. She was a pretty brunette with a trim figure, but had few curves besides her modest b-cup bust. I myself was somewhat chunky, and had blond hair, yet I knew I could still turn some heads with my looks.

Along the sidewalk in front of us we noticed some activity taking place in the community yard. A large tent was set up with many students milling in and out.

Inside we found that several different university departments were holding eating contests of varying types for the different dorms. There were large signs around for "Pie Eating", "Hot Dog Eating", "Watermelon Eating", and "The Challenge." A lot more people were gathered around and participating than I would have figured. Then we saw the prize sheet:

Most pie finished in five minutes - 42" 1080P LCD
Most hot dogs in four minutes - New Laptop
Most watermelon in three minutes - $1000 Gift Certificate

There was also one giant sign, "Free Year of Tuition! Win The Challenge!"

"Can you believe these prizes Kristen?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know Jess! They're unreal. It's no wonder so many students are here."

"It's almost too bad I don't really need any of these things" I told Kristen. It was true, my family was pretty well off. My entire education was being easily paid for and I already had a nice TV, laptop, and a generous "general spending" fund.

"Hmmph, well speak for yourself Jess. That free tuition sounds pretty nice to me," said Kristen in a determined tone. "I'm going to see what the details are."

I doubted she would actually enter anything, as neither of us were the type to take part in eating exhibitions.

She walked over toward a large front table where event workers were answering some questions. Then she got into a line with several other students. At the front of the line event workers seemed to be checking height's and weight's. Someone quickly jotted down Kristen's information and she came back over.

"Alright, I think we are all done here," said Kristen.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I'll tell you as we walk Jess. Let's go to the cafeteria."

As we strolled along Kristen explained to me that almost any student could enter the major eating contest "The Challenge", with a prize of a year's worth of tuition.

She went on to remind me of her aunt’s wedding coming up in three weeks and the dress she had been asked to wear. It was her mom's old dress that was a bit too loose. Apparently her mom wore it when she was about 10-12 lbs heavier than Kristen was now. So, if Kristen was going to try to gain some weight for the dress she may as well enter "The Challenge", a month long weight gain contest.

The contest staff had taken her height, 5'6", and weight, 120 lbs, for a starting point as well as for health and liability purposes. The only restriction for entering the contest was not being overweight or obese on the BMI chart. This restriction also applied for the end of the contest, therefore limiting the amount some contestants could gain.

When Kristen told me this I realized why she hadn't suggested I enter. I was almost the exact same height as Kristen, but my weight had hovered around 200 lbs since gaining twenty pounds through my freshman and sophomore years. Like I said earlier though, I had always been quite curvy and I enjoyed my looks.

"The whole BMI thing sounds reasonable," thought Kristen. "It's probably the only way they could even offer this contest. And since I'm going to gain a few pounds to fit in that dress anyway, why not enter? You never know Jess."

"If you're sure, then go for it."

Honestly though, I wasn't really sure what to make of my skinny friend trying to gain a few pounds.

From that night at the cafeteria and on, Kristen ate with great ambition, trying to put away as much food as she could. Her whole family on her mom's side would be really disappointed if she couldn't wear that dress.

At meals Kristen regularly ate two main entrees with several sides and her drinks. So for a typical burger night at the cafeteria, she would get two thick cheeseburgers, along with some hashbrowns and some creamy soup. At first she had trouble putting away all the food she was trying to eat. By the second week she was ready for more, and started adding desserts. Sometimes slices of pie, sometimes ice cream and cake.

I myself usually ate a decent sized meal. Even though I knew the underlying purpose I was somewhat shocked seeing Kristen trying to stuff herself with way more food than I would ever eat.

Between classes, studying, and eating, the three weeks before Kristen's aunt's wedding flew by.

On the day of the wedding I looked Kristen over.

"Your starting to look well fed girl," glancing at her in her t-shirt and shorts.

"You think so Jess?" She sounded almost excited. "I really need to have gained a couple pounds to fit into that dress better."

To me it looked like more than a few pounds. Her tummy was slightly pooching out of her small shirt and her thighs and bust looked somewhat inflated.

"Hey, why don't you weigh yourself Kristen," I suggested.

"Yeah, good idea." She went into the bathroom with a look of concern on her face. Moments later she came out.

"Oh my gosh Jess. 135 lbs," she said smiling. "If anything I may have overdone it."

Soon she was squeezing into the dress which now fit like a glove. A somewhat tight glove, but she really looked gorgeous in it. Later she told me of all the compliments she received from her family at the wedding.

Looking back, if it wasn't for "The Challenge", that may have been the end of Kristen gaining any weight.

Part II

The day after the wedding Kristen and I were heading over to the cafeteria for lunch. "Oof, all that overeating has been tough Jess," she told me. "I think it's time to seriously cut back and give my new gut a break."

"That's not a gut Kristen. This is a gut," I declared, grabbing my round midsection. "You've just got a tiny pooch belly. It barely even shows."

"Well, I think its time for it to not show at all," said Kristen. "I'll drop these few pounds in no time."

I had to remind her, "What about The Challenge. Isn't there still a week left?"

"Oh my gosh your right Jess. I had almost forgotten." She stopped walking and paused, looking down at her slightly larger figure. "Alright belly. You're going to have to handle a serious week of eating."

I just laughed at her and her conviction as we entered the line with other students.

For that week Kristen really seemed to be trying to pack on the pounds. She bought some candy to keep around our dorm room and was usually munching on something while studying or watching TV. Along with that she was eating even larger meals. When we would walk back to our dorm room after eating her belly would look really bloated and pushed out. By the end of the week her t-shirts were looking really tight and she always had a couple inches of exposed flesh. Even before a meal her belly almost stuck out as far as her now C cup breasts.

I realized that eating with her all this time I had begun to add an item or two at meals. Plus I was snacking on a few candies here and there. None of my clothes felt tight though, so I wasn't worried about any consequences.

Suddenly it was the day of the weigh in for The Challenge. Kristen had one last lunch meal for any last additions. She wanted to make sure she was at her fullest for the weigh in.

Quite frankly I was in awe watching my friend, quite skinny just a month earlier, shovel in the food. She put down two bowls of mac and cheese, several slices of meatloaf, a BBQ chicken sandwich, and three slices of apple pie.

"Alright that's it. I can't take anymore," Kristen groaned. "I'm going to go weigh in now. You done eating Jess?"

I looked at my tray of barely touched food. I had been watching Kristen and her intense eating that I forgot about my own.

"Uh yeah sure," I said, as Kristen got up to return her tray and leave.

I grabbed my own tray and followed after her. As she approached the trash and return pile Kristen was more staggering than walking. From behind I could see how her butt really filled her extremely tight shorts, and her thighs were clearly wider than ever. She also had small exposed love handles pushing out at her sides before her painted on tank top. Kristen turned towards the exit and I could see her belly in profile. It was sticking several inches past her bust making her look 5 months pregnant.

"Ugh, this better have been worth it," she muttered as she struggled to the tent setup.

There was no line inside with only a few students gathered at the head table. Kristen went and talked to a staffer and they had her get on the same scale as from a month earlier.

"Congratulations!" said the worker. "Right now you are in first place in the challenge. Your BMI is still normal and you weighed in at 148 lbs."

Kristen's mouth fell open a bit in shock as she formed a grin, "Oh right, the BMI restriction."

Clearly she hadn't even been thinking of that requirement anymore and had just been eating as much as she could.

The staffer continued, "Yes, well, some contestants were limited by how much they could gain, so your 28 lbs should make you the winner."

Kristen just nodded and started staggering away. There was a look of joy in her eyes at winning but also a bit of anguish from being so full.

"We still are waiting for a few possible entrants so we will contact you with any updates!" shouted the worker to Kristen.

She approached me looking relieved. "I can't believe this Jess, but I really need to go lay down."

I laughed and smiled as I helped the exasperated Kristen back to our dorm.

Part III

The next day Kristen was contacted by "The Challenge" staff and told she was indeed the winner, and would get a year’s worth of tuition free. Kristen told me how she really had just wanted to have the entire summer off and not have to work. The only way she could do this was to win the contest.

"Well if you're not doing anything this summer, why don't you come to France in July with me to visit my relatives? My treat."

Like I said, I had a generous allowance and much of it had just been piling up in the bank.

"Are you serious Jess? Oh my gosh that would be amazing," said Kristen. "I don't see why I can't."

"Well let’s plan on it then," I told Kristen.

She continued smiling. "This is going to be the best summer ever!"

Besides one last exam, the last couple days of junior year were spent setting up everything for our trip to Europe. I had known I was going on this vacation for months, but Kristen just found out. We had to setup flights and verify with my relatives. For the next month Kristen and I returned to our hometowns, which were far apart in different states. Then we met again after our connecting flights at New York's Laguardia Airport.

My flight arrived a half hour before Kristen's and I first saw her again as she got off the jetway. I immediately noticed she wasn't the skinny Kristen, but still the recent fuller Kristen. In fact she seemed to have on new khaki shorts and a white blouse which weren't hugging her body as much as her old clothes. But one look at her fleshier thighs told me she hadn't seemed to have lost any weight at all.

"Oh hey! It's so good to see you. Aren't you excited?" she exclaimed as we hugged.

"Absolutely, this will be a blast. And it's good to see you too; you’re looking good," I told her.

"Really, you think so, Jess?" She seemed slightly concerned.

"Yeah, you look great. Is that a new top and shorts?" I asked.

"Umm, yeah. I kind of needed some clothes that fit me better after that crazy month of eating."

"Oh sure, right." I started to ask and comment, "But I figured you would be trying to drop those extra pounds back home?"

"Well I have been trying to exercise and get back my old figure. But I just can't seem to stop eating so much," Kristen said.

"Huh, are you serious girl?"

"Well yeah," she paused. "I mean I tried to cut back a lot. But this belly seems to always need more to be satisfied," and she lifted her blouse and showed me her belly. It was perhaps even pudgier than from the month before.

"Well if you aren't cutting back much you better get used to having this gut," I joked as I poked her stomach. I noticed her belly was really soft and my finger easily sank in an inch or so with just a light touch. Was this girl really a skinny 120 pounds just two months ago I wondered to myself?

"Well it's not like you're still gaining anything right Kristen," I decided to ask.

"Actually Jess. I just weighed myself this morning and I was 155 lbs." She was clearly disappointed in herself.

"Hey, cheer up! We both look great! And don't forget I've still got about fifty pounds on you, so don't be worrying about your weight now," I told her. "This vacation is just starting and we want to have fun, right!"

"Yeah, I guess you’re right," as she cheered up a bit. "But I'll still be counting on you to make sure I don't go overboard."

"You got it Kristen." I continued, "I'll make sure everything we eat on this trip is reasonable."

Kristen seemed to let it slide off her mind as we both smiled at each other. We dropped that topic and started heading towards our gate. Our flight to Paris left in just under an hour. However, as we walked, I still found myself thinking of 35 pounds and sixty some odd days. I was becoming fascinated really. And I did know one thing for sure, we weren't going to be exercising in Europe.

Latest posts

Back