Chat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CuriousKitten

Absolutely Adorable
Has anyone else noticed that no one is ever in the BHM/FFA chat room? Any reason? I'm new to Dimensions so feel free to fill me in on how everything works. Thanks!

Smite

Here Comes Your Man
I think with the advent of Instant Messengers, chat died down a bit.

But i'm bored and Ill caht with ya!

CuriousKitten

Absolutely Adorable
So do you think the chat in the new site you're making will be the same?

I like chat rooms because there is always a variety of people and sometimes I prefer it to messenger programs because you never know who you're going to meet whereas messenger is always the same people.

But I suppose if chat is vastly unpopular I'll have to post my messenger IDs.

Smite

Here Comes Your Man
Well, my idea would be to have scheduled meeting times for the chat rooms so there would be people there.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect much chats to get super popular. Most people just overlook them I think.

Zandoz

Highly irregular
Actually, chat does pretty well...in the BBW/FA room. It's a matter of numbers. Kinda like it takes money to make money...it takes people in a chat room to draw people into a chat room. The BHM/FFA room just has not had the critical mass to take off, so the BHMs and the few FFAs who chat generally go where the people are...the BBW/FA room...and once friends are made there, there is no reason to go sit in a room by your self hoping someone might come along.

BLUEeyedBanshee

Ministry of Truth
There are always fewer in the "other" rooms. The BBW/FA room is always the fullest...well except on a very few occasions.

Scott

Has anyone else noticed that no one is ever in the BHM/FFA chat room? Any reason? I'm new to Dimensions so feel free to fill me in on how everything works. Thanks!
I'm also pretty new to the board -- to be honest, I didn't even know there was a BHM/FFA chat room! I'll have to find it. I think the above poster has a point, that with IMs, a chat room seems like a lesser, second option. But I understand your point too, CuriousKitten. In a way chat rooms are a different experience than direct messaging.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Actually, chat does pretty well...in the BBW/FA room. It's a matter of numbers. Kinda like it takes money to make money...it takes people in a chat room to draw people into a chat room. The BHM/FFA room just has not had the critical mass to take off, so the BHMs and the few FFAs who chat generally go where the people are...the BBW/FA room...and once friends are made there, there is no reason to go sit in a room by your self hoping someone might come along.
Yah, what he said. Also, some BHM are also FA, and some FFA are also BBW, so which room should they be in??? And in the Dimensions chat there is a private message feature, so I think a lot of time the more flirtatious comments get passed in that mode anyway, no matter the room.

Having said that, I do wish there were more BHM/FFA chat. I think some BHM and FFA just don't feel that welcome in the main room.

Finally one very well proven thing about chat: guys will generally go where there is a woman who will talk with them. Over the years this has been very obvious with the gaining rooms--anytime that a woman goes in there and starts talking out loud, there will soon be several guys in the room too. They want to talk in that room, but aren't so interested in talking with other guys. So it is possible that if you go into the BHM/FFA room and hang around for a bit, guys may miraculously appear.

Best of luck!

Smite

Here Comes Your Man
I can get a chat up tommorrow or way later tonight, as that's when I head back home and get FTP access again, that is if people don't want to keep using the DIM one.

tribaltattoos75

I tried to use the chat today and it wouldnt load for some reason. If anyone ever wants to chat with me my yahoo messenger ID is the same as my username here. tribaltattoos75 :D hope to hear from some of yall soon.

inari

Im new to Dimensions also and I was curious as to why everyone was only in that one room. It seem to be an outdate form of chat. Im not much of a chatter but I would love to come and relax in the evening with others. anyone up for a chat when im online Id love to hear from ya.