Cheesiest/Worst Music Videos of All Time!

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Green Eyed Fairy, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 21, 2012 #21

miafantastic

miafantastic

miafantastic

2. Feb 21, 2012 #22

Lamia

Lamia

Lamia

Like OMG!!

I bought the 45 of that and still have it. :)

3. Feb 23, 2012 #23

Lamia

Lamia

Lamia

Like OMG!!

4. Feb 25, 2012 #24

idontspeakespn

idontspeakespn

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982

Simply Red's Cheese

I just saw this on TV...the video is weird but it's the lead singer's 'showmanship' that deserves the Cheese award.

5. Feb 25, 2012 #25

KHayes666

KHayes666

KHayes666

Go away

6. Feb 25, 2012 #26

Jess87

Jess87

Jess87

Man-Bat Groupie

fat hiker and Green Eyed Fairy like this.
  7. Feb 29, 2012 #27

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Moving Forward

She has an awesome voice but it IS a ridiculous video :doh:

I can see why you called cheese but I think it was actually MEANT to be silly...whereas the truly stupid don't realize it :blink:

Errmmmm.....how can I put this?

Oh yeah I got it.....No.

That's Don Johnson in his hey day.

Who gives a shit how he sang? ;)

Do you now understand grasshopper?

That's just the Monkees BEING the Monkees....I don't get it :p

I understand why you hate it....but it's band called the rednex making fun of red necks.....which is a favorite past time of my own. ;) :p

That girl, her voice and her face are annoying as hell.....but don't think it's cheesy enough to beat The Darkness :p

I can concur that the video sucks arse. I love Depeche Mode - they could have done much better
    The tonguing got real nasty to me- use those talents for better places ;)

I'm lost- You don't like Kool and the Gang or just Cinderella? I thought Cinderella was bad as hell when she came out dancing.

Now THIS is a big competitor for the most cheesiest.....I've read that the Hoff is really loved in China (or was it Japan?)

8. Feb 29, 2012 #28

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Moving Forward

Here's a new link because that one "can't be played in your country" or some such thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IekssrYAY

I don't think the video is as cheesy as the song though....

Your mention of Rico Sauve did bring this one to mind though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai1V7kaFBk

Arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :doh:

Spin me right round was a bad as hell song back in the day but that video is worse than hell.

Comachero was annoying...but don't think it's a top contender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdj9NRzqC4

The most tragic part of this one is that Starship was originally Jefferson Airplane- remember White Rabbit and such? Gawd how did they let the 80s do that to them :blink:

Lifeguard is stupid but it's another that is SUPPOSED to be weird/stupid.

Same for Metal Head....though I liked the music on that one even if the words were ridiculous.

Holy shit...you might not only win the thread but the intranets as well with that cheese \o/

Oh gawd whyyyyyyyyyyy did they do it? Why???

I agree with your assessment.....but no, you CANNOT win the intranets tonight by mocking Journey.

Just no.
    :p

I concur with epic cheese!

But you cannot tell me that THIS version by Frou Frou doesn't rock the house!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iHFnjfsyVE

No fair- that song sucked ass even back in the 80s :p
    How can that possibly beat Bowie and Jagger playing ring around the rosie with each other? HOW? HOW?

9. Feb 29, 2012 #29

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Moving Forward

I can see what is cheesy but the EDM is awesome...and you can admit that you keep watching that video to see the fat chick :p :p

You don't gets to diss Falco. Tis a no no- you not win intranets tonight dear sir.

You have much to learn about Falco little grasshopper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTxqMg-OKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMuDtfxAIKk&feature=related

I have decided that posting any of that awful crap from Hasselhoff is just plain wrong :doh:

Jess87 likes this.
  10. Feb 29, 2012 #30

danbsc29630

danbsc29630

danbsc29630

11. Feb 29, 2012 #31

imfree

imfree

imfree

In Remembrance

Sheewt!!! ...And I always thought it was just some monkey making picture/sound mix-up films!

12. Feb 29, 2012 #32

CleverBomb

CleverBomb

CleverBomb

On Space Out

13. Mar 3, 2012 #33

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Moving Forward

Any man that is prettier than me just plain pisses me off :doh: :p

Pretty dang bad....but he still ain't no Mick Jagger trying to tongue Bowie ;)

14. Mar 3, 2012 #34

Yakatori

Yakatori

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...

I think you kind of hit the nail on head here, because it truly -was- a great time for music video-making; maybe, in some ways, nostalgic for the golden age of film-itself, a time when the the creative resources were more appreciable relative to the limitations & constraints (i.e., conventions imposed by labels and parent companies). I mean, it's easy to laugh at Steve Perry's puny sleeveless arms-today. But, then, it was was pretty bad-ass, right?

Wait, if by "cheesy" you really mean "to be among the most awesome videos of all-time," then, yeah, that one certainly counts. I love that overcoat/jumpsuit combo Daryl Hall is wearing. There was a time when I thought it would make sense for a person's entire wardrobe to look like that. I also like the fact that they demonstrate, throughout the entire video, that they're not afraid to juxtapose the difference in height between the two main performers. In this day and age, a video like this could not be made.

Likewise, today, it's hard to imagine any of the current class of rock-royalty mega-stars (Bono, Madonna, McCartney, etc...) hamming it up quite like this for our enjoyment. Not to say they have any less of a sense of humor about themselves, but that the probability of something like this going viral on Youtube and then being available in perpetuity has all but squelched this type of creativity/experimentation in terms of how mega-artists present themselves.

And so, more to my point, to be be able to say that any of these videos is truly the very cheesiest, or, for that matter, any bit cheesier than what modern groups like Creed have done (please substitute Daughtry or Nickelback if you're a big fan of Creed and feel offended. Evanescence, too..don't get mad!) you really have to take each video within the cultural and social context in which it was created and, indeed, from the point of view to of audience to which it's directed:
    It would seem so or at least to me, and for some time after I'd first seen this a few years ago. It was, in fact, a source of much confusion; I mean, I really, reallly wanted to make some kind of sense out of it. How could a singer supported by a major record label in a first world country in the 21st century produce something like this? What did it mean? Was I missing something about the significance of cruises-vacations or third world travel for the German pysche? What about the Dachshunds? The little girls as angles? And then it just hit me.

I went back to the most basic questions of how to evaluate a music video: What is the real meaning of the song? And how, in essence, does what's going on in the video seem to coincide with any of that or, otherwise, capture it? And, taken through that particular lens, the video is not really cheesy at all. It's, I think, truly perfect, especially the very end where Hasselhoff is simultaneously dancing-madly immediately next-to his driving a motorcycle with his feet in the air and surfing on a tobaggan (with a fish in his mouth that he'd previously caught with his hands). That's what it's really about, that persistent and saccharin sentimentality; that's what it actually feels like to -be- "Hooked on a Feeling," to have everyone-else around you looking at you and thinking "Wtf is the matter with you!?" And so, similarly, the video is at once somewhat-original, but totally appropriate; confusing, but, in it's own way, brillant.

15. Mar 4, 2012 #35

miafantastic

miafantastic

miafantastic

LMAO. This is probably a good time to come clean. I'm the chick who makes iron-on Journey t-shirts and convinces otherwise sane people to tailgate and act a fool with her at Journey concerts. And the (gasp!) Steve Perry-less ones, too. Yup, THAT girl. HA. Speaking of Perry, I have a heelarious story about being at a Journey tailgate, and the wee-laughing moment it became clear that my lil sis had Steve Perry confused with Peter Frampton, but that's a whole other can of ridic.

Green Eyed Fairy likes this.
  16. Mar 4, 2012 #36

daddyoh70

daddyoh70

daddyoh70

DYELB?

17. Mar 4, 2012 #37

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Moving Forward

Carl Lewis = Grace Jones wannabe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPHXkencyT0&feature=related

The Bad Touch song = awesome. Another one where the artists are trying to just be silly/funny.

True cheese is born of those who take themselves too seriously.

18. Mar 5, 2012 #38

daddyoh70

daddyoh70

daddyoh70

DYELB?

Damn you're good! But I bet you hear that all the time:p

19. Mar 5, 2012 #39

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

nope

20. Mar 5, 2012 #40

Diana_Prince245

Diana_Prince245

Diana_Prince245

Wise as Athena

I humbly submit this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0j7sModCI

It ruined Billy Squier's career, and has inspired the "Prancing Billy" contest between me and some friends. Whoever catches the video on TV three times first gets bought beer.