Chinese Food Lover

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Unfortunately, all the Chinese restaurants in town have gone buffet: limp, lukewarm, and barely edible. We used t have a truly wonderful Chinese place, and their outstanding dish was tofu with preserved egg. It's a cold dish, and I would order it all summer. It uses the so-called "thousand-year eggs": duck eggs covered with lime and buried underground in a pot for six months. The white becomes transparent and the yolk turns black as the egg develops a strong but pleasant taste that is perfectly complimented by the blandness of silken tofu. :eat2:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
There are a few Chinese places close to work that I've been weeding thru to see if I can discover a diamond in the rough. lots and lots of rough. (Any place that has a Mongolian grill is a diamond, imho.)

SD007

Asian food is my favourite. I love Thai and Vietnamese!
Mediterranean is good too :eat2:

LifeTraveller

Sporadic Poster
We're quite fortunate, there are any number of excellent Asian establishments. Korean, Thai, Japanese, and even one Vietnamese. .most are acceptable, but there are two excellent, one Chinese, and the other Thai. . decision, decisions. .

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
Im a Chinese food lover, and absolutely love Japanese. I love sushi but im extremely picky about what kinds. What is your favorite food
I looove Chinese food! glad there are some good places in my area that i know of. Haven't really tried Sushi though.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I love Japanese and Thai food. We have 3 authentic restos for it in my town, as well as one authentic Vietnamese resto. And I absolutely Looooove it. Amazing pho and rice wraps!

Our Chinese food places, unfortunately, are very lacking in authenticity.

Tracyarts

Sushi, seaweed salad, marinated squid salad, green papaya salad, chicken lettuce wraps, tom yum soup, black pepper chicken, hot and sour soup, those salt & pepper shell-on shrimp I find on buffets, Korean ribs, most everything on a Dim Sum cart, chicken or beef pho, Thai curry dishes, "house special" soup and stirfries that have a bit of everythying in them, Vietnamese deli sandwiches, soft spring rolls, crispy spring rolls you eat with lettuce and herbs, Thai iced tea, green tea bubble tea, Vietnamese coffee, and all kinds of random yummy things I don't know the name of. I'll sometimes pick based on a photo on the wall or in the menu, and also tell the server what kind of dish I want (lots of vegetables, or a type of protein, spicy or not) and ask for their suggestion. I've never gone wrong that way.

Tracy

MLadyJ

Tracy, I would KILL to have a dim sum place within 100 miles of where we live. The area is growing fast so we finally have some good chinese and a few japanese hibachi grill places. No thai but we have this strange little fried fish place that serves very good vietnamese pho...go figure

Ms Charlotte BBW

Fantasy Land
I used to love Chinese, but now I can (barely) eat it once a year...at most. Everything seems so processed and greasy. I do like more of the veggie dishes, and always a favorite are fried wontons! :eat2:

Group builder