Chubby Chasers versus the Fat Admirer

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Honestly, I never liked either. Fat admirer sounds less creepy than chubby chaser, so I tend to use that if it ever comes up in conversation.

BitsySpider

I've never experienced the term Chubby Chaser as being related to anything negative and I think it's a cute term and wouldn't mind using it to describe myself (not that I ever have previously but I don't imagine it would annoy me). For me it really just seems like an quick, "cutesy" way of saying I like big guys in a way that people just sort of shrug and accept.

As for FA (or FFA for myself)....eh. I use the term here since it's quick and people know what I'm talking about, but I really don't like the term at all. Or more honestly, I think it's pretty stupid, but maybe that because, from my personal experience, I don't admire fat-I just find it on particular bodies to be very, very attractive. When I hear the term admire, that word relates in my mind something that I hold on a pedestal, that I wish to achieve for myself, and I just don't. Yes, I like fat guys, but I think lean guys are sexy too, so I don't really think one type deserves to be seen as "better" than another. And while it is a body type I find very sexually appealing on others it is not a type I feel comfortable with for myself.

TexasTrouble

I can understand annoyance with the label "chubby chaser." It can sound kind of cutesy and makes me think about someone seeing a fat person and doing one of those zany Scooby Doo frantic running in the air motions while uptempo music plays in the background. On the other hand, saying chubby chaser does actually suggest some action on the part of the interested party. I know several threads have talked about fat admirers who are in the closet, which is, of course, a person's right if they want. At least the term chubby chaser suggests someone actually doing something about their preference.

kioewen

I think this may be a case where the insularity of the community may be causing a lack of perspective, on the part of the apologists for these phrases.

To the outside world, "chubby chaser" is used to describe someone who is basically viewed as a fetishist and pervert. Anyone using it in the mainstream is very much using it as a slur.

There is no reclaiming this disgusting phrase, even if one would want to.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Labels describe, not define.

The sooner people realize this, the happier people will be about it.
Seriously, these terms have as much baggage as you heap upon them. I have no issue with being called an FA because to me all that means is "someone who prefers a fat partner". I don't see why it has to mean anything more than that.

tummylovin'003

I like the term chubby chaser, I think its kinda cute. :wubu:

FA sounds a little bit formal.
But I can see why everyone has their own opinions on it. :)

joemurphy

If you are the type that has a need to show designer labels on the outside of your clothes, then you should have no problem being labeled a chubby chases or a FA. The rest of us just get on with our lives.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
In my opinion, they are the same thing. I feel like 'Fat Admirer' is more formal.

Fat Brian

retarded disfigured clown
The term "chubby chaser" just doesn't make any sense to me, I mean, obviously fat people don't run or they wouldn't be fat in the first place and therefore there is no need to chase them.

[/sarcasm]

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
Seriously, these terms have as much baggage as you heap upon them. I have no issue with being called an FA because to me all that means is "someone who prefers a fat partner". I don't see why it has to mean anything more than that.

This right here.

Forgotten_Futures

The *other* Holy Trinity
Outside of the derogatory/creeper senses, I have to see them as distinctions. A vanilla Fat Admirer would suggest someone who does not have limitations on what they like, so long as fat is involved. (Although generally more is better in this regard.) Whereas I would expect Chubby Chaser to refer to an FA with a "too much of an otherwise good thing" clause.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I personally prefer chubby chaser. FA sounds a little too clinical for me. I've always felt awkward saying the acronym out loud. Although I rarely have to say either. If I'm talking about an ex boyfriend or something, I'll occasionally say "he was into big girls" and if they question/look confused then I'll follow it up with "you know, like a chubby chaser."

kioewen

If anyone viewed tonight's episode of "Big Sexy," you saw the girls repeatedly using the phrase "chubby chasers" as a term of absolute disgust, to identify the kinds of men they want nothing to do with (in contrast to the men who simply prefer fuller-figured women, which they find fine).

And this is a view voiced by plus-size girls themselves.

So in the real world, the phrase signifies someone who is repellent. It's a term to be avoided.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
If anyone viewed tonight's episode of "Big Sexy," you saw the girls repeatedly using the phrase "chubby chasers" as a term of absolute disgust, to identify the kinds of men they want nothing to do with (in contrast to the men who simply prefer fuller-figured women, which they find fine).

And this is a view voiced by plus-size girls themselves.

So in the real world, the phrase signifies someone who is repellent. It's a term to be avoided.
It's something to be avoided, like people who think that reality TV represents real life and uses opinions expressed on there to back up their arguments.

kioewen

It's something to be avoided, like people who think that reality TV represents real life and uses opinions expressed on there to back up their arguments.
Just because it's a reality show doesn't mean that the opinions voiced don't reflect genuine beliefs.

EtobicokeFA

Proud FA
Ha. The phrase Reality TV is an large oxymoron. Most Reality TV shows are staged if not scripted. :=)

Latest posts

Group builder