Chubby Chasers versus the Fat Admirer

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Forgotten_Futures

The *other* Holy Trinity
I believe what you have there is an unholy union of the word smarmy and swarthy. lol
AKA a portmanteau!

I'm a certified chubby chaser. Don't get me wrong I looooove thin tiny lil ladies too... But chubbies just get me all worked up. Here in L.A. the gay community uses chubby chaser too. So it can be an issue.
I'm with you mate. Though on occasion I branch out above "Chubby Chaser" territory.

LordQuas

¢reflow Dollar$
I think they mean whatever the person being called them wants them to mean. At the end of the day if you're comfortable with yourself then the labels others use to define you won't matter. I understand why some would find chubby chaser offensive but I personally could never feel insulted by what someone thinks or says about my taste in women.

ManBeef

I think the difference is the individuals view or personal living definition of the two. I have dated a girl that was 4'11" 165... I thought she was chubby. Others said she was a fatty. So there pretty much isnt a solid here. I say Ima chubby chaser. But a lot of my friends say I just like fatties. Not true cuz I've dated super thin dames... But that is off subject now so I'll now

ManBeef

AKA a portmanteau!

I'm with you mate. Though on occasion I branch out above "Chubby Chaser" territory.
I love chubby girls. They are just so yum. But thin dames... Idk the feeling of like protecting them or them being engulfed in my arms gets me goin

Tkscz

While the only difference between the two is subjective, I have to be honest, I don't like Fat admirer. To be more clear saying FA makes me feel snooty, like I'm a high class chubby chaser. While the phrase chubby chaser is fun to say. But again it's all subjective.

NewfieGal

Live laugh love always :)
I don't see what the big deal is lol I like to be chased and I like to be admired ;) but in all seriousness why put a label on it at all, we could label everyone who has a specific like or dislike... lets just enjoy the fact that there are people who like big girls and guys as a preference and not label it as anything more than that... but I don't find either saying offensive or degrading as some might...

penguin

Fnord
My ex was a self confessed chubby chaser, so I associate the term with the "lighter" end of the scale. He liked what he called "plumpers", so I always fatter than his preference (and that was the reason he used to break up with me, too).

So to me, a chubby chaser is someone who likes women up to midsize BBWs, an FA is someone who likes them all. But that's just my experience colouring my view, I know.

After reading some of the responses on here, I am rather on the fence.

On one hand, "Chubby Chaser" does have a rather sleazy and derogative connotation to it.

On the other hand "Fat Admirer" has a ritzy and emotionally disconnected feeling.

The mixed combinations of "Fat Chaser" and "Chubby Admirer" make no difference at all. "Chubby Fat" and "Chaser Admirer" make no sense at all...

Perhaps we should all put our heads together and coin a new phrase that actively captures a short description for "A person with the tendencies to be physically/emotionally/mentally/sexually attracted to larger persons".

Until then, I think I will side with FA.

EvilPrincess

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but from my understanding and recent conversations with a "Chubby Chaser", that term is used to describe a Gay Male that prefers the company of Fat Gay Men.;)

rickydaniels

https://www.facebook.com/ricky.daniels.bbw.pin.up.
I've never really thought of chubby chaser as a perv thing or a strictly gay thing. I just kinda thought it meant plus sizes preferred, or "I brake for chubby... girls or guys"; whatever you sexual preference maybe. I always thought chubby chaser sounds cuter that FA. FA is ok in my book too, if that is what one prefers. It just sounds kinda dull or P.C. Either way i've been called both. Honestly; there is always gonna be some jerk with a negative comment to the plus size community or fat people, and there is always going to be a creepy closeted weirdo that preys on fat women because he's too stupid to figure out his own sexual issues or so socially awkward he can barely talk to a woman. I'd rather turn the negative into a positive. I've said it before to people, "I like fat girls" it's just my preference the same way some guys like blondes or redheads. This arguement kind of reminds me of the "Trekkie vs. Trekker" debate. Who really cares?

Avichai

The term 'chubby chaser' has this stalker undertone for me, sounds like the kind of guy who'd go on the prowl for big chicks and secretly make photos of them or stalk them for a bit to satisfy some fetish. I like FA better, though I have my issues with the word, too, it others the person, you wouldn't call someone into skinny chicks exclusively 'skinny admirer', etc. I wouldn't give myself a term, or describe myself through any of these terms. I'm a guy with a strong preference for bigger women, the end.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
Also, when I think of 'fat admirer', I think of people who like women on the larger scale of the bbw spectrum kind of like the paysite boards. When I think of chubby chaser, I think guys who like thick to 'plumper' type women.

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
I used to associate the term "chubby chaser" to men who "preyed" on overweight women, seeking overweight women, who they misperceive to be desperate, hoping to obtain sex without commitment.

In contrast, a fat admirer is someone who actually prefers an overweight partner - whether their preference be for anything from a one-night stand, an FWB, an LTR, or even marriage.

Nowadays, I think the gay community has the lock on "chubby chaser".

My question - What if a man were to say that heavier women were desirable, but that the weight was merely another preference, like, for example, eye color - not a "deal breaker". The kind of guy who would be attracted to look-alikes of Reneé Zellweger, Chloë Agnew, or Melissa McCarthy - but would introduce himself to the "Chloë" look-alike should he meet all three at the same time?

Would that be an FA, or does someone have to have a "the more the better" preference to be a true FA?

LoveBHMS

default title
The term chubby chaser is just more familiar outside of Dims or the real-world fat community. It originated in the gay community but at least in my experience has migrated to include heterosexuals.

I recall it being used on the prime time sitcom "Cheers" when a fat male character was seen getting hit on by a conventionally attractive female. He explains it to his surprised pals by saying she's a chubby chaser and likes fat guys.

I don't think most regular people would know what FA or FFA means. However, I've used "chubby chaser" a couple of times when necessary and it's been understood and nobody's ever said "oh isn't that just for male homosexuals?"

kioewen

(Gabourey Sidibe in Showtime's "C Word")
And that comment clearly indicates the public perception of anyone associated with the label "chubby chaser" as someone perverted, someone who wants "fat" women to do "freaky" things.

It is a derogatory term to be avoided at all costs.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
And that comment clearly indicates the public perception of anyone associated with the label "chubby chaser" as someone perverted, someone who wants "fat" women to do "freaky" things.

It is a derogatory term to be avoided at all costs.
I have heard the same connotation applied to FA, as well. So I suppose we should avoid the term FA, too.

kioewen

I have heard the same connotation applied to FA, as well. So I suppose we should avoid the term FA, too.
Yes, I would be quite happy to have that term avoided too, though the connotations of "chubby chaser" are even more glaringly negative.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
Yes, I would be quite happy to have that term avoided too, though the connotations of "chubby chaser" are even more glaringly negative.
How so? I rarely even hear/see the term chubby chaser on the net. I have seen FA plenty though- on the net that seems to be where it is the catch phrase... to me.

Where have you seen the negativity?

Latest posts