Clothing/Fashion Confession

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
IC I'm sad I don't nearly have what it takes to be a fatshionista. I have horrible fashion sense :(

Pitch

you could try ebay .. not sure if you have done that or not. always look for sales and final clearance items. always sign up for website newsletters so you can get coupons. :)
Oh, I'm even too poor for that. That's a wonderful idea, though...

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
IC I'm sad I don't nearly have what it takes to be a fatshionista. I have horrible fashion sense :(
I suppose it depends what you're into. I've seen very few pictures of you but I've absolutely LOVED everything you've worn. I would kill to have some of your t-shirts. I'm here for a personal confession but I saw your post and was like WHA???? :eek: :confused:

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I spent $493.74 on clothes this month. :( I got everything on sale and each item averaged at about $17.63 so YAY! But boo! I have to get rid of some stuff I have and I will be eating baloney sandwhiches for a while. :/

mel

This is My year!..again:)
I spent $493.74 on clothes this month. :( I got everything on sale and each item averaged at about $17.63 so YAY! But boo! I have to get rid of some stuff I have and I will be eating baloney sandwhiches for a while. :/
I feel your pain ...$$$$

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
Someone who is doing a work placement at a foot clinic told me today that those with high arches are more comfortable in shoes with a heel (specifically 2") than when wearing flats. I then told them my arch was practically 2" tall, and they told me to go out and find some heels and see the difference for myself.

Well... I'm now on a quest for some fat-friendly heels, but I don't know where to look :(

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
That's really interesting Carla.. I'm a flats girl.. I also have flat feet. Plus being 4 inches taller than the hubs deters me from heels often :)

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I always thought my arches were normal, but realized they weren't around 9 or 10 when the doctor said something to my mom about getting customized shoes. Basically my arches are too tall and wide for even men's sports shoes, which have pretty insane arches. Nothing store bought has enough arch support for me and so there's always this empty spot between my foot and shoe which leads to my feet getting really tired really quick.

I understand the heel thing because the most comfortable pair of footwear I've ever owned are these lime green flipflop wedges that are 2" in heel height. I was all sad when my first pair got warn out, and immediately thrilled when I saw a brand new pair in a size smaller (the right size) available for 10$ cheaper at a local thrift store.

I've got a pic of the first ones that I took on a lunch date back in high school.

They're not so fat-friendly anymore. They're made of compressed foam, but it's not enough to withstand the weight I am at this point compared to the times I wore them before. As much as I love the comfort of them, they're gonna have to wait :( And I have to find others.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Ic i have to break my no spending rule. I need a couple new bras. My last really good bra died over the weekend. The wire snapped in it. and my other one is literally coming apart at the seams.. so i'm going to hit the Avenue tonight with my 35% off coupon and get a couple new bras.. I'm going to miss my raspberry pink bra! I might be even further bad and get a new top or dress or even a whole outfit because it's my anniversary on Monday and we're having our first date since Feb.

mpls_girl26

Ic i have to break my no spending rule. I need a couple new bras. My last really good bra died over the weekend. The wire snapped in it. and my other one is literally coming apart at the seams.. so i'm going to hit the Avenue tonight with my 35% off coupon and get a couple new bras.. I'm going to miss my raspberry pink bra! I might be even further bad and get a new top or dress or even a whole outfit because it's my anniversary on Monday and we're having our first date since Feb.
If you haven't already thrown the bra away....keep it! I don't know why i didn't start doing this years ago but it finally dawned on me a while ago to keep my bras where the wire breaks (my right boob always breaks - never the left :doh:) to use the GOOD wire for the next bra where the wire breaks. I just swap the bad wire out for the good wire from my old bra. Hope that makes sense. LOL. I have cut down on buying new bras, just wish I had thought of it LONG ago.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
That's a good idea. I've never snapped an underwire before. It was sort of pinchy all day and then pop.. the thing broke.. I'll hold on to the bra since it's in really good shape otherwise. I'm still gonna buy a couple new ones because i need some new bras. (i only have 2 really good ones if you include the snapped wire one)

mpls_girl26

That's a good idea. I've never snapped an underwire before. It was sort of pinchy all day and then pop.. the thing broke.. I'll hold on to the bra since it's in really good shape otherwise. I'm still gonna buy a couple new ones because i need some new bras. (i only have 2 really good ones if you include the snapped wire one)
I always wondered if other bras snap. Mine do on the right and I have to admit I think it's because um.....that's the side I am usually turning to take care of business and stuff. So yeah...there ya go.

EvilPrincess

Someone who is doing a work placement at a foot clinic told me today that those with high arches are more comfortable in shoes with a heel (specifically 2") than when wearing flats. I then told them my arch was practically 2" tall, and they told me to go out and find some heels and see the difference for myself.

Well... I'm now on a quest for some fat-friendly heels, but I don't know where to look :(

try crocs they have made some that were interesting

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
the only crocs in my area are those horribly ugly looking clog things. And even those aren't exactly wide enough for my feet at the right length. And even if they were, I wouldn't be caught dead in those.

Aust99

Carla what about online?? My mum wears crocs, they make a million different styles and I've been very impressed with some of them.... She has about 6 different styles and none of them are the clog types. She even has a pair of heels.

Crocs Canada

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
Thanks for the link :) I didn't see anything I liked on the website, unfortunately. I think I'm just too picky with shoes, though. The only thing I saw on the website that I think might fit doesn't come in my shoe size :( I kind of like some of the heels and wedges, but I can't do straps :(

JoyJoy

This is definitely true for me. I have high arches, and I just cannot wear flats (which I hate, since I have several pair of very cute flats gathering dust). I have a pair of Aerology (made by Aerosole) sandals with a 2 inch heel that are some of the most comfortable I've ever owned. I can walk all day in them without my feet or knees hurting, and I think they look pretty cute. They look similar to these:
http://www.aerosoles.com/product1.asp?P=MOMBO

lilmcnugget

I have to confess I am a compulsive shopper (one of those who cannot wait to fill up the closet after each closet cleanup!!! LOL ). My husband had just ordered me to clean it up last week but I already moving on with my hunt :p

Got my new loves from True Colour Venus last week. If you love fashion and are looking for something different, highly recommend this store. truecolourvenus

If you buy $150 or more, you get free shipping too on top of the no tax deal for Cdn order!

plan to wear this to my friend's wedding
summer won't be completed without a sun-kiss dress !! haha
hot rocker chick !
simply for work

Tori

IC that I would LOVE to be fashionable and not wear clothes that are two sizes and mismatched to work, but I have no idea how to dress for my body shape. :/ I usually just end up with basic cotton t-shirt style shirts and normal pants in dull colors because I'm too scared of everything else! I need a personal shopping assistant. Lol.

Fallenangel2904

Fat Fashionista
IC I wish I had a bottomless bank account! There is soooo much I want to buy but am on SUCH a tight budget ARG! And I have SO little room to put it (Damn you nyc and your small closets! lol) One day I dream of a big walk in closet....oh that will be the day (May have a fashion-gasm thinking of it haha!)

Latest posts