• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Colon Cancer Symptoms

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
This is really hard for me to post, especially since it a pretty private matter, but I would really appreciate any (and all) advice.

First of all, let me say that colon cancer runs rampant throughout my father's side of the family killing both his mother and father. His mom was only 38 when she died. Because of this, my brother and I have had colonoscopes starting earlier than most. My last colonoscopy (2 years ago) in April came out fine. Only 1 polyp was found & removed and it was non-cancerous. I got my postcard in the mail stating that I needed to call and make an appointment since my Dr. wanted a 2 year follow up. Okay, no problem...until I called and the appointment nurse started asking me all the questions.

1. Do you have blood in your stool? YES
2. Is there blood on the tissue after you wipe? YES, A SMALL AMOUNT, PINK IN COLOR
3. Do you have more constipation/diarrhea than usual? YES, CONSTIPATION
4. Do you have unexplained stomach pains/gas? YES, SOMETIMES
5. Do you experience indigestion or heartburn? YES, SOMETIMES
Sorry to be so graphic...

No sooner did I finish my last answer, she told me that I will need to be seen as soon as possible and that the May 20th appointment she originally scheduled me for wasn't soon enough. AAAccckkkkk! She scheduled me for March 30 unless she can get me in sooner.

My husband tells me it's probably hemorrhoids. Which I do get off and on. I also wonder if it could be the drastic change in my diet. I changed my whole way of eating to a healthier way. I eat alot of grains, whole wheat, fiber, fruits & veggies. Either way, I'm TERRIFIED! Knowing that so many people in my family have been diagnosed/died from colon cancer, that's all I keep thinking about. I guess more than anything I just needed to get it off my chest. I'll keep everyone posted after my appointment on March 30. In the meantime, prayers would be appreciated. :)

Latest posts

Back