Quantcast

comic book nerds UNITE!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

I'm curious, would anyone from this crowd read a bbw erotic comic? I draw BBW's as a hobby and lately I've been thinking of doing a BBW comic. Does this sound like something this crowd would like to see?
We are the crowd that would love to see them. Have you ever thought of writing/pencilling a BBW-centric graphic novel? From my buddies in a literary/book club and those at the Barnes and Noble we sometimes meet, graphic novels are selling like chicken nuggets at a preschool party!

disconnectedsmile

RATING: AWESOME
We are the crowd that would love to see them. Have you ever thought of writing/pencilling a BBW-centric graphic novel? From my buddies in a literary/book club and those at the Barnes and Noble we sometimes meet, graphic novels are selling like chicken nuggets at a preschool party!
BOO BIG CHAIN STORES.
i support my local comic shop, thank you very much.
it's not like local stores are hard to find.

Rojodi

BOO BIG CHAIN STORES.
i support my local comic shop, thank you very much.
it's not like local stores are hard to find.
We're talking the BIG graphic novel, OVER 50 pages in length, like "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", "Fables", and the like. The independent stores in my area do NOT sell them: They believe they're not what their clientel would want.

Jess87

Man-Bat Groupie
Anyone reading the FEAR ITSELF event right now?
I've just started. I've only gotten to a couple of the tie-ins. I have a soft spot for Namor, so I started there. I appreciate Cullen Bunn trying to do something different with the character, but I prefer my Namor arrogant. It was alright overall, but I wasn't crazy about how Namor was handled. Deadpool's was about what one would expect. It would have been awesome if they handled it differently. Deadpool is totally perfect for the premise of this event, but it looks like they'll just keep him as comic relief. Not to say I don't love him breaking the fourth wall and I always appreciate a little humor, but the jokes were just whatever.

That come off way more negative than I intended. I'm looking forward to reading more of both, they might get better. For the main focus I'm pretty excited. I loved Matt Fraction's The Five Fists of Science and am interested to see what he does.

disconnectedsmile

We're talking the BIG graphic novel, OVER 50 pages in length, like "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", "Fables", and the like. The independent stores in my area do NOT sell them: They believe they're not what their clientel would want.
you can always order it.

Rojodi

you can always order it.
I read them at B&N or purchase them there..and in two instances, received them for free at the store.

I'm old enough to remember when comic book stores were large, sold comics, but also pulp fiction novels and candy. And the owners/workers wouldn't mind if you read some comics, as long as you were either a regular customer or had books in your hand for purchase.

Noir

Two co workers and myself go to out local comic store every two weeks and pick up our subscriprions. At the moment I am following Marvel's fear itself and I have been a long time spider man fan.

disconnectedsmile

I'm old enough to remember when comic book stores were large, sold comics, but also pulp fiction novels and candy. And the owners/workers wouldn't mind if you read some comics, as long as you were either a regular customer or had books in your hand for purchase.
sounds like my local shop now

rickydaniels

https://www.facebook.com/ricky.daniels.bbw.pin.up.
To answer the question; Yes I have thought of doing a graphic novel, but that is ALOT of work. I know doing a comic especially a BBW related comic would be a "passion piece" and done more for the love of the art and not the money. I hate to say it but most bbw art is only marketable towards this type of scene. I don't think I can include Fine Art on that list. Right now I'm testing the waters by selling prints of my bbw art on cafepress. To be honest, it's not selling very well even after many FA's and fellow fans of mine have requested for me to sell prints. I think starting small would be ideal, and see how it goes from there. I'd love to hear more of what you all think. The links to my bbw art blog and my online shop are on my signature. Please feel free to check them out. I am the type of guy that really use an honest critique.

rickydaniels

https://www.facebook.com/ricky.daniels.bbw.pin.up.
Yeah I agree with disconnectedsmile. I support my local comic and my local book store here. I just heard that Borders will be liquidating very soon. They were looking to sell the company in order to save it. No other companies were interested in purchasing. Hurray for our side!

None

Enemy of Office Furniture
I've been reading Fear Itself and while I love Matt Fraction, I'm severely underwhelmed by it all. Plus, what happened in issue 3 is a travesty. The art is excellent and I hope it all comes together into something spectacular, but so far it hasn't. I've not been a big fan of Marvel's recent events and events in general leave me a bit bored after the initial excitement of a supposed status quo change. That said, Fraction's work on Thor and Invincible Iron Man forgive whatever failings Fear Itself has as both are superb work that manage to fit the epic scope of Fear Itself into a regular story arc of either title (Thor especially).

disconnectedsmile

i know there are other comic threads but if you haven't seen the cover for Detective Comics #880 by Jock here it is.

the run that Scott Snyder & Jock have been doing since issue 871 has been nothing short of extraordinary. The Skeleton Key storyline is the creepiest, scariest serial killer story that has appeared in film,books whatever in a long time.

i know with DC relaunching 52 titles in sept. some people are miffed but what a helluva a way to close out the Flagship title.

Detective Comics - #871 - 881

Jess87

Man-Bat Groupie
can i get a show of hands?
DCnU - who's in, who's out?
Honestly, I'm mostly expecting it to be awful. However, I'm dying to see what they do with everyone. I'll probably end up reading more superhero comics due to the relaunch than I would have otherwise. I don't love the idea of it, but how can I not want to see what happens? I'm looking at it kind of like I would candy corn. I know (or suspect) that it's going be just awful, but it's not going to stop the consumption. Besides, I can't live without Green Lantern, I just can't.

s!gma

DC ReBOOT!

Just my thoughts on the soon to be revamped DC titles.

Going to start reading Action and Detective comics but t-shirt and sneakers superman doesn't exactly look cool.

I'll read Aquaman to see If its any good and to see if there is more to be told with Black Manta and Aqualad.

And DC Universe presents Deadman!!! I'm following Boston Brand around after the light events. Grabbing Swamp thing purely out of obligation, that series better be amazing for me to read it.

There are Still too many Batman series! Batman Beyond was a flop but i dare not miss the New Nightwing, and Teen titans.

I liked the Justice league lineup before but they're back to the classics and Geoff Johns is writing so it should be solid. And DC is trying to reach their black audience with Static shock, Black-African-Technology Man, and Mr. Teriffic, then you've got Cyborg in the League, which I don't mind Cyborg is cool. But I'm not JUST gonna read a comic because the character is black, ask the Panther, then ask daredevil.
JL International Has Guy Gardiner... and Booster Gold so its a toss up for me.
there's a Dark JLA too more Deadman and Zatanna I think, so...!!!

I don't know whats going to become of the Legion, Adventure is over, the last issue of LOSH basically undid everything that happened in the short run of the series, it can basically go anywhere from here, so hopes are high. and Legion Lost should be really good times, following the legionnaires trapped in our time.

aaaaand of course Green Lantern, Mainline has a perfect jump off point, they can start up this series with a great foundation and make it more epic and less mundane than twas after Parallax.
Corps Thunders on, love that book, now Gardiner and Stewart no worries here.
Emerald Warriors has ended I really liked the series following Guy Gardiner exclusively I had hoped that we would continue to see the Honor gaurd as a special ops team with a changing roster as necessary
New Gaurdians I'm sure is there to fill that void, it seems like some colorful crap, and Rayner is Leading? still Ill read more of that than Red Lanterns, yea I wanna know what he is going to do with Krona's body but its probably gross, bloody and hot so I'll pass.

and Yea I'm reading Wonder Woman now too, Stryznsky [has more letters in his name] did a respectable job with that interim series.

I feel like there is some latent coolness in Hawk and Dove but I think the coolest thing about the pair is Dove's Light powers, :p

Grifter??? like Wildcats Grifter?? hmmmm!!!

SERIES I am on the fence about.

Justice League International
The Flash
Swamp thing
The Fury of Firestorm
Green Arrow
Blue Beetle
Captain Atom
Savage Hawkman
Mister Terrific
Supergirl
Superboy
Batwoman
Batgirl
Red Lanterns
Stormwatch
Grifter

Since every series is getting a reboot i guess its safe to say nobody knows what the new stuff will be like, but I will likely not be grabbing any of these so if theres anything good to know let me know. Or just stuff you're looking forward to

s!gma

I also read MARVEL

With Fear itself, I was dissapointed at first but its picking up. I don't mind what happened in issue 3, I've always thought the man with the gun was out of place. He should have been on the Secret Avengers.
Hopefully Tony comes back with a new Armor or at least some permanent new items... like a new shield.

Also Reading Spider-man, I hate the ultimates universe but Death of spider-man wasnt as stupid as I thought it would be. Spider Island is alright so far, great to see that they're playing with the actual bedbugs scare in NY. If nothing else Hopefully Cloak and Dagger get a series or a spot on a team after this. But you gotta hate the continuity as The Avengers Show up on this side too.

Which I guess leads to X-men, ill skip to Schism. I don't think it is going to stop sucking so I am bowing out at issue 3. the kids running the brotherhood are Fukked and hopefully they will survive this event, but i think it is all to try and justify cancelling Uncanny so Wolverine canbe central to the New X-men comic. If I could raspberry into a loudspeaker or PA system i would. X-force has lost its direction too!

Daredevil is back and less crazy, Looks like he is on the New Avengers which looks like a great fit.

I also read IDW for all the classics.... and Angel.

Transformers is going through an event Now "CHAOS" it looks like a big battle for cybertron, including Megatron AND Galvartron, so it should be good times. dispite a few hiccups in the mix IDW has brought a lot of great Transformers stories and characters to light. and later this fall they are continuing the MARVEL G1 SERIES with Simon Furman from issue 88.

Not Up on G.I.Joe yet but they continued the MARVEL real American Hero series.

and the New Ninja Turtles Came out this week, all back in the red bandannas and written [I think] by Eastman of the OG 80s Eastman and Laird series.

Good times to be a nerd.

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
After the move and having all my comics piled into boxes, I need to get back on the wagon. I've been out of touch for a few months--someone just told me Batman is setting up franchises and Spider-Man got kilt and stuff. Any other major comics news?

disconnectedsmile

After the move and having all my comics piled into boxes, I need to get back on the wagon. I've been out of touch for a few months--someone just told me Batman is setting up franchises and Spider-Man got kilt and stuff. Any other major comics news?
you might be in luck. DC Comics is relaunching everything, refreshing a lot of their heroes, and this month, all their comics (including Detective and Action) are being released with #1 issues.