• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Condescending Doctors

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
I'm sure as fellow fat people, you've had your share of annoyances when it comes to doctors, but have you ever had one that really got under your skin by being condescending?

Yesterday, I had a followup for a surgery I had recently and the guy was seriously being such a dick. I mean, I expect to hear the "you need to lose weight" shpiel every time I see a medical professional, but this time was exceedingly annoying.

Every time I asked him about a symptom I was having, he'd reply with something about the weight being my problem. He actually said "If you keep gaining, you're going to have a significantly shorter lifespan. All the medication in the world won't do a thing if you're still eating cheesesteaks." The tone and inflection he used really irked me to the point where I almost lashed out at him.

I'm sorry, but I've been fat for almost 15 years and you think I don't know that is has bearing on my health and well-being? You think I just looked down one day and said "oh... uh... wow... I AM fat... sheesh." I live with it every day and I'm well aware of its limitations, problems, and (sexy) benefits.

I apologize for the rant, but this really annoyed me. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Back