Congrats, Josh Max!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

S

saucywench

OriginalCyn said:
I see that you have a front-page article in today's Salon.Com.
Huzzahs to you, Josh! I'm sure that you likely experienced a variety of emotions during the article's composition and subsequent publication--the difference in this article and others you have written and had published being the personal/emotional investment you put into it.

I read your article and the letters accompanying it. I think your article is groundbreaking if only in the sense that few if any would be bold enough to proclaim their preference for and attraction to a fat partner in a publication that is synonymous and aligns itself with the current popular (i.e. thin-obsessed) culture. Some of the responses are reflecting that (and some are downright bizarre!), but I'm sure that comes as no surprise to you or any of us.

Way to go!

Falling Boy

Winter is coming..
Its a great read! Congrats Josh. Some of the peoples comments are pretty much what I expected though:(

JMNYC

Falling Boy said:
Its a great read! Congrats Josh. Some of the peoples comments are pretty much what I expected though:(

I gotta say I'm pretty (flab) ergasted at some of the energy in the responses. Or maybe I shouldn't be!

I bet the nasties have boogers up their noses.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
Makes me glad I gave that young boy his first chance at writing and being published in what was then a sizable glossy with 5,000 subscribers. He went on to parlay that and his good writing into some amazing gigs, including test-driving, and writing about, all sorts of exotic automotive iron and so on. Good job, man. Just don't forget that Dimensions is your alma mater as it is for the likes of Heather, Brie and numerous others. ;)

JMNYC

Webmaster said:
Makes me glad I gave that young boy his first chance at writing and being published in what was then a sizable glossy with 5,000 subscribers. He went on to parlay that and his good writing into some amazing gigs, including test-driving, and writing about, all sorts of exotic automotive iron and so on. Good job, man. Just don't forget that Dimensions is your alma mater as it is for the likes of Heather, Brie and numerous others. ;)

I won't forget, chief! :)

Tina

Older and wiser now
Well, I dunno, after all Josh is anonnymous and has his face buried in Julie's "stomach." :rolleyes: Whomever said that in the comments section needs an anatomy lesson; I'm guessing Julie's stomach isn't located in her cleavage... :D

JMNYC

Those letters are a RIOT!

"The article writer is a sick person who is a fetishist."

This from no-name.

Me, at psychiatrist's office:

JM: Doc, I need help.

DOC: What's the problem?

JM: I like...fat girls.

DOC: So---you happy?

JM: Yes.

DOC: Your wife happy?

JM: Well...yes.

DOC: So, nu, vat makes you think you need help?

JM: Well, "no name" said I vas--sorry, WAS sick.

DOC: So, who's this no name?

JM: Some guy on the internet.

DOC: SO VAT DO YOU CARE?

View attachment freud.jpg

olivefun

Belly bellissima
I loved reading the letters.
There certainly are a lot of them!

But when you think that women have always done extraordinary things to make themselves attractive, like wearing corsets to pinch in the waist, or wearing weights to enlarge the lips in some African cultures (though our women use Botox), distorting the feet in Japan (though our women do that too with special pointy shoes that make their feet look small), then making yourself fat doesn't look like such a deviation. While it may not be the statistical norm, it is only about one standard deviation away.

The article is written with so much love and skill. Bravo!
Great photo too.

What a pleasure this is.

For those who didn't see the other thread, here is the link
You'll have to watch a short ad about Las Vegas to get to the article, unless you're a member.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/06/22/big_love/

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
Great Job, Josh.

(But I still bet you touched yourself to make sure you were real.)

EllorionsDarlingAngel

Loving my lil Princess!
Congrats! It was a wonderful article!

The letters afterwards I could only read so many. People these days need to get a clue. We are not going anywhere and we are not going to drop down to a weight they think is best for us! I will not bow down to a person that thinks just because I am a larger women I am not healthy.

Anyway.. Sorry... it angers me.. The way people react to a man or any other man or woman that perfers a larger partner.

You did a wonderful job. I love the picture. LOL Justin(Chimpi) is always wanting to pick me up like that but I am scared he will get hurt or drop me. I have been picked up and drop before so I guess that is why I am scared for him to do it.
TATA

Latest posts