• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Connie and Friends - by Marcie (~BBW (Mult), Eating, Romance, Magic, Revenge, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW (Mult), Eating, Romance, Magic, Revenge, ~SWG - some high school students learn some important real life lessons

Connie and Friends
by Marcie, with assistance from the Observer

Chapter One – the making of a plumper

Connie Williams, Connie to most everyone, was coming back to school with a changed, more mature perspective – and cause for a bit of worry....

Connie, you see, had packed on some weight over the summer. She’d been helping her grandmother after grandpa’s sudden death, which had completely torpedoed her plans for an earned extra month of summer vacation that she’d earned by acing exams early.

Grandma had expressed her grief by focusing on Connie. This meant cooking for her, taking her shopping and traveling, and just generally sharing time. But much if not most of it was cooking. The trip for Connie had begun as a well intentioned effort to help her grandmother forget the loss of her husband of 52 years. Connie, who enjoyed eating anyway, willingly cooperated in her Grandma’s largess, seeing her visit as an alternative vacation to the one she’d planned.

It actually was fascinating, as her grandmother took her on trips, shared old albums and stories of her own girlhood. She even learned some sewing and crafts skills that the scaled back public schools no longer had time to introduce kids too. And there was the library – filled with books on arcane subjects. Including fascinating tomes on various occult skills.. The weeks sped by and she felt as though she’d truly had a vacation in another world and era. And in all of this she simply ignored the impact of the food that was in abundance.

Perhaps she should have seen it coming when the first warm summer morning at her Grandmothers she was served a belly busting breakfast of three hotcakes plus an omelet , followed by two sandwiches and a four scoop ice cream sundae for lunch, then a casserole plus dessert at summer. But instead she had more ice cream that night before retiring to bed. .

The next morning it had been four pieces of French toast and a half dozen sausages, followed by fried chicken potato salad and another large sundae at lunch. There was lamb, mashed potatoes an apple pie for supper – with a la mode seconds for an evening snack.

The third day featured creamed chipped beef on biscuits, six of them, and cantaloupe, followed by a couple of big macs while shopping at lunch, then ice cream when she got home. Supper was meat loaf with the rest of the prior day’s pie for dessert. Had she ever been a calorie counter she would have realized she was ingesting probably 1500 extra calories a day.

Connie knew she was indulging, but it didn’t seem to matter, because her mind was absorbing so much that was new from the nooks and then discussing them with her grandmother. This was, obviously, the reason for her trip – to help grandma by focusing her mind on things other than loss of her life’s partner. . Still, after a few weeks she noted to her grandmother that her clothes seemed a little tighter. Grandma responded by taking her to the mall and buying her larger ones. Connie figured it wasn’t that big a deal and that she could lose the weight when she got home if she chose to. What she didn’t realize was that she’d picked up seven pounds the previous semester already.

She wasn’t really conscious of how much she was really gaining until just before she returned home and discovered that her older clothes now didn’t fit at all.

Thankfully her own mom wasn’t upset, nor for that matter was Connie.

“So you grew a little,” consoled her Mom, herself a large woman. “I remember my mother’s cooking and have to believe you enjoyed it. And I’m sure it kept her occupied.”

“Oh yes, she did casseroles, and cookies and pancakes – the omelets were luscious,” Connie recalled as she helped herself to a generous second serving of her mom's lasagna. “But I had no idea how much I was gaining … I really want to thank you for the new clothes.“

Connie recalled her afternoon shopping, and what had happened at the mall McDonalds. She'd meant to be satisfied with just a big and tasty burger with cheese combo, but finished it before the large chocolate shake - so had supplemented it with two cheeseburgers.

"I've got to stop eating so much," she thought, but with little desire or conviction.

Connie knew that changes were already in the offing from her expanded waistline. She had intended to join the varsity cheer leading squad her Senior year, but it was obvious to her that her new size would scuttle those plans, put her in a different social circle and make her a target of Janice Miller, campus snob, bully and fatophobe. As she examined her now bulging midriff she didn’t mind giving up on the squad but dreaded what might be coming as school started

Her mother, who remembered the shallowness of the elite sports team/cheer leading clique at school, was relieved to see her daughter's change of ambition. She praised her for taking care of her grandm,other so well, and predicted that it would not matter at all to others who counted if she'd added a little weight. Of course this analysis conveniently ignored the fact that her daughter since returning was eating differently. She was seemingly devouring every pastry and carbo in the house that she could find. The summer vacation had given her an appetite.

She didn’t think of herself as being all that big, but she was a little apprehensive as to how her classmates might take her expanded figure.

Actually despite her assurances Mrs. Williams was aware that Connie’s weight issues might not be over. For all her fussing Connie’s appetite was still quite good, just has had been her mother’s at the same age. Her first day home she'd seen her daughter devour a large burrito grande and two tacos, then hours later at home polish off a four scoop sundae. Just the night before she’d seen Connie with a second large slab of banana cake after the one she’d had for dessert at supper. She strongly suspected her daughter had little likelihood of losing an ounce.

The next morning Connie woke up hungry, ready for a hearty breakfast. Then she grabbed her book bag and got ready to head for the corner and get on the school bus, but not without adding a couple of pop tarts to her lunch sack for a possible snack.

“I guess there’s no pointing pretending, “ Connie thought.

--------

Janice Miller, who had just been dropped off by one of her parent’s servants, headed for her home room. There she met the two most loyal of her posse members, one of whom who had already alerted her to Connie's metamorphosis.

“So what's this all about?"

"She's not the same person - at least 25 pounds bigger, " began Angie.

“Yeah, no way is she going out for cheer leading," concurred Michelle.

"Wow," Janice replied. Well, I guess its good not to have to worry about my own position - I thought she might at least be thinking of challenging me. But no way."

Just at that point the trio caught sight of Dorothea Farnham, a gentle but frankly massive outcast who kept as much to herself as possible.Beginning with Janice they began taunting her with rude comments about her size.

"Hey fatty, back from your summer job with the circus side show?"

"Oh no, she was a human billboard on The I-285."

"Hey, is it true the the Cornerstone Creamery still hangs out a 'Closed for Remodeling' sign when they see you coming?"

Dorothea sighed and held her peace. The biggest girl in the student body had hoped the new school year might bring some maturity and a lessening of the taunts, but this obviously wasn't to be. She turned and lumbered out of the room.

Connie had just entered the room in time to see this arrogant display. It irritated her, and made her wonder what might lay in store in her own case.

“Well, that show was totally uncalled for,” exclaimed a nearby and very familiar voice in an annoyed tone to Connie.

Connie turned to see a decidedly put out Ken Forrester, whom she had known since elementary school and dated a few times. They were friends, but it had been over three months. Connie instantly wondered what he would think of her change.

“I’m sorry,” apologized Ken. “After all summer since last seeing you I should at least have said hello before spouting off. Could we eat lunch together and catch up?”

Not wanting to risk Janice’s rapier she was grateful for the invitation which she knew would shield her. She accepted and the two students went to a table to share their meal. Connie waited for a comment on her weight gain, but there was none. Instead Ken informed her that he now had a car and invited her to be his first official date in it – bowling with pizza afterwords on Saturday..

Connie accepted, realizing that apparently Ken at least didn’t care. But she was curious about his ire over Dorothea.

“Dorothea’s size is her business; she’s in school to study and learn, not be judged,” Ken said. “I think you’d agree she is a very nice and caring person who doesn’t deserve being treated like crap, Its just a power trip for Janice – she doesn’t care about Dorothea, or realize the pain she’s causing, she just wants to cover up her own shallow life.”

Connie had to agree, and felt sorry for the largest girl in the school. She resolved to search Dorothea out if she could after Ken left. It proved not to be difficult. She shortly found her with a group of other larger students banded together for safety.

After chatting amiably with the group, who seemed a bit puzzled at the presence of one regarded by most as a leader in student government, she got a chance to speak privately with Dorothea.

“Dorothea, I want you to know that Janice and her bunch don’t speak for everyone. One of the guys told me what happened and that she was totally out of line and I agree. We’re lucky to have you here with all the things you do to help.”

Dorothea barely knew Connie and was surprised that she’d go out of the way to make such a declaration, or that she would even be aware of how Dorothea spent 2-3 hours a day in the special ed program helping with training of the physically challenged classmates. But Connie was aware, and had been involve in numerous service projects herself.

“Thanks,” Dorothea replied, :”I get that kind of grief regularly, but its good to know not everyone feels I’d be better off somewhere else.”

After school Connie met with two of her fellow student leaders to discuss plans for the year. Again she expected comments on her weight gain, but neither said a thing – not even when she mentioned that she might take up crafts and history rather than pursing cheer leading.

“Not a bad idea. I’m all for school spirit but with Janice running that group I wouldn’t want to be a part either,” Charlotte Mitchell said.

“That squad is nothing more than pick-up fodder for jocks,” agreed Barb Swanson. “My boyfriend says he thinks of them as airheads.”

Although Connie knew she was now the biggest girl in the school's student government group, no one had said a thing. If they knew the real reason she wasn’t going to try out they weren’t saying.

“Maybe Mom’s right. I can pull this off without dieting,” she thought. The idea appealed to her.

The date with Ken went fine, even including another couple. Connie felt every pound was on display the first couple of frames but no one else seemed to notice or care. At the pizza palace later she felt comfortable devouring four pieces plus some wings and a healthy portion of mojos. Ken asked her for a second date, then inquired about Dorothea.

“I talked with her – she seems OK. Apparently she’s used to stupid remarks.”

“Well that’s good. Some bigger girls draw into shells and won’t even date guys who try to get to know them. They act like they’re pariahs Its ridiculous.”

“You don’t think of me as being a bigger girl, do you ?” blurted Connie.

“No – why? Do you think I should? ‘Cause you’re not.” replied Ken truthfully.

“And if I was?” she countered

“I’d still date you if you’d go out with me ‘cause I like you,” he replied. “But then because you were dating me it would send a signal and I’d have competition from other guys who like larger girls but can’t even get a lunch table date with one.”

“You mean there are guys who would date Dorothea but she won’t?”

“She and that cabal of hers are tighter than Janice and her crowd – no guy cam break into that group.”

“You know of anyone who is interested?” Connie replied with sudden interest.

"One specifically, yes. But Dorothea won’t give him more than a sentence in the hallway. – Larry Grieder, who’s not a jerk by any means.”

“Yeah, I know Larry. Quiet, smart, kind – not a jock type. You want to try for a foursome next weekend? I could ask Dorothea.”

“You let me know and I’ll work on him - it shouldn’t be hard.”

It took a little effort, but Dorothea agreed to join in, with the understanding that she’d only bowled a half dozen times with her family. But the evening was a success and word soon got out that Dorothea, despite her size, was willing to date. And over the next few months she had nice tines with two other guys besides Larry. But he, being aware of and sharing her concerns about challenged kids. built on this to develop the deeper personal relationship.

As for Connie, not being at all as impacted by negativity from her peers as she’d feared, conveniently put aside further concerns about her expanding hips and midriff.

Latest posts

Back