Curious about your opinions on stories written in first person

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
As always, I appreciate your thoughts. I would like for my story to read more as a story to tell versus as an erotic fantasy. It’s hard to pay attention to the pacing and everything else it takes to create something I’d like for it to be, but it is what it is, I guess. I keep thinking back to how great my story could have been if I wrote it about 10 years ago when I was single and living quietly in the comforts of my apartment...kidless and no body to worry about but myself. 😁 I’m glad to hear from you, and I hope all is well.
The fact that you have continued it, developing the characters in various directions, shows that there is a lot more there than a fantasy. Nothing is 'pure' in type generally, and on a board like this we expect some erotic fantasy elements in our stories! But fantasies quickly enough ramp up intensity (often tossing all believability out the window near the end), and then are done. Having conflicts, resolving some and developing new ones, that is more the realm of stories. (but again I do want to make it clear that in my opinion, well done fantasies also have a place here. I'm all for encouraging quality and coherence of writing, but let's not be creative writing class purists too much)

Last edited:

Latest posts