• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Damn, looked like I missed a lot of drama.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryElizabethAntoinette

Beauty is Relative
Lucky me, eh?

But considering the ridiculousness of the boards lately, here's something completely unrelated!!

I drove to Ohio over the weekend to pick up an abandoned puppy. 12 hours there... 10 hours back. Mmmm, 22 hours of driving within a period of 2 days.

Here's something funny... every state I drove through had a specific attitude of drivers, and it was interesting. Like... when I got into NY, most everyone was driving like an asshole (tailgating the car in front of them at 80mph and weaving through the lanes of traffic to get ahead) and in Ohio... everyone was driving ridiculously below the speed limit. On 1-90 the speed limit was 65, and most people were going about 50. Of course I'm a Bostonian, so I was averaging about 80/90.

And another thing... there were like no cops on the road in Ohio. None. Although there were a lot of cars turned over in the median (there was a snow storm and some people weren't so lucky). But no cops.
In Massachusetts... there are cops all over the place on the highway. Like... if I take a 20 minute drive on I-95 in MA, I'll see at the very least 5 cops laying in wait to meet their ticket quotas by pulling people over. But after driving like 8 hours through NY, PA, and OH... I barely even saw 2 cops. I guess the cops in those states have better things to do than lay in wait for law abiding citizens going 10 above the speed limit.

And another thing... Ohio cars weren't covered in lame bumper stickers. Like when you enter MA (especially the Boston area) everyone has bumper stickers on their cars expressing their views (as if anyone cares, right?). But Ohio drivers didn't. And people were a lot friendlier in OH. Instead of getting doors slammed in my face and snooty glares, people were actually civil. Very unlike Boston.

And about the puppy: He's a black lab mix, and only 7 weeks old. But the poor baby has worms... and I've had to wait all weekend with a dog who has worms to take him to the vet. Damn vets for not being open on the weekends!!! Especially since I have three other dogs, and now my other dogs might have the worms from the puppy. So yeah... wish me luck at the vet today, that they don't rob me blind.

<3

Latest posts

Back