• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Dance Your A$$ Off Host Being Replaced By...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
Melanie Brown aka "Scary Spice". Surprise. I liked Marissa better and her figure is awesome.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/01/11/marissa-jaret-winokur-dropped-as-host-of-dance-your-ass-off/

I love the dancing in the show. While I think they should focus more on getting healthy and enjoying active lifestyles rather than the scale.

TV News
Marissa Jaret Winokur Dropped as Host of Dance Your Ass Off
January 11, 2010

Dance Your Ass Off will get a little spicier when Mel B takes over as host, replacing Marissa Jaret Winokur, for the show’s second season.

“Dancing has been a big part of my life,” says Mel B, a member of pop sensation, the Spice Girls. The announcement was made Sunday at the Television Critics’ Association conference in Pasadena, Calif. “I kind of fell into it. I didn’t go, ‘I’m going to dance and lose weight.’ I did it and it just ended up happening, which is brilliant!”

A rep for Winokur tells PEOPLE that the decision to not return for a second season was mutual. “Marissa’s reasons for not returning to season 2 are the following: the format of the program did not allow her to interact with the contestants and offer them encouragement and support, and criticism she received from producers regarding her appearance,” her rep says.

But executive producer, Dan Cutforth, says replacing Winokur was simply a matter of finding someone more relevant to the show’s viewers.

“There was a portion of the audience that absolutely loved [Winokur] and a portion that didn’t connect so much with her,” says Cutforth. “We wanted to find a host that really, really connected with our core audience. The core Oxygen audience grew up Spice Girl fans!”

Mel B, a dancer, singer and mother of two, says to expect a Spice Girl announcement in a couple of months but until then, fans will have to get their fix of girl power on Dance Your Ass Off, which has yet to set a premiere date.

“I’m so excited about doing this show,” she says, “because you get to know [the contestants] and follow them along on their story and their journey.” –Elaine Aradillas and Monica Rizzo

Latest posts

Back