Quantcast

DazzAnn's excursion to the World of Art

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha

DM Supporter
OK, no one else seized on this, so i’m doing it. @Shotha, you say (write) you can only draw Pictures of Matchstick Men (and women)?
(runs and ducks)

(My own drawing skills are so meager, they aspire to Joker’s level)
Lowry became a great artist, 'coz 'e painted matchstick men an' matchstick cat an' dogs. So, I suppose there's hope for me.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I love the emotion that is in all of your drawings. I mean, there is lots of good things about them, but what really stands out to me is that they are not sterile, they all carry such feeling :D
@Tad: thank you very much!

I am surprised what you, and - obviously others here too - can see in my drawings. I agree with you on all my animal drawings I have posted here (and those of haven't. ) They have gotten something like a soul, there is usually a little secret story behind them, a person, a person's character, a certain occasion - not just an fat animal. And I am very happen that I somehow can bring these mostly happy, satisfied emotions or feelings on paper.

I hope you like it even when made with limited equipment...

All you really need are paper and a pencil/pen. And the appropriate model, of course!
@Jerry Thomas : yes, you are right.

I'd like to add: it also helps when I am able to imagine the idea, and in fact I need a good inspiration and I definitely need to be in the right mood. It turned out that I can do the best drawings when I am in a very bad mood or very happy and satisfied. In any other mood I don't get good things on paper.

Aqw

@Tad: thank you very much!

I am surprised what you, and - obviously others here too - can see in my drawings. I agree with you on all my animal drawings I have posted here (and those of haven't. ) They have gotten something like a soul, there is usually a little secret story behind them, a person, a person's character, a certain occasion - not just an fat animal. And I am very happen that I somehow can bring these mostly happy, satisfied emotions or feelings on paper.

@Jerry Thomas : yes, you are right.

I'd like to add: it also helps when I am able to imagine the idea, and in fact I need a good inspiration and I definitely need to be in the right mood. It turned out that I can do the best drawings when I am in a very bad mood or very happy and satisfied. In any other mood I don't get good things on paper.
Thank you for explaining. I guess you get it right, at least for me. That' why we like your drawings. Continue :)

Latest posts