Dealing with insensitive comments, looks or attitudes.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
I admit, I find big, powerful tall women that aren't afraid of anything so amazing. <3

I'm 5'2 and about as intimidating as a peach.
I agree. There is something about a big, tall, confident woman that is so appealing. First of all, confidence is attractive, right off the bat. No matter what size you are. I have met very tall women who were not overly confident and sometimes rather self conscious about their height. I think even that is cute to a degree.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Yesterday we were at the checkout line in Costco and my daughter, almost 12, heard a girl, 14 or 15, tell her friends/sisters “look at that fat lady.” Daughter followed their gaze to her mom and got really mad.

When she told me about it I just said to remeber how upset it makes her and to never use a person’s physical characteristics as a reason to be mean to them. I’m guessing as she gets older and more self aware she’ll pick up on this stuff more and more. She’s pretty athletic but she has a couple friends who are not and of course her mom and she’s about to learn just how brutal people can be to people, especially girls and women, if they are plus sized.

LifelongFA

Yesterday we were at the checkout line in Costco and my daughter, almost 12, heard a girl, 14 or 15, tell her friends/sisters “look at that fat lady.” Daughter followed their gaze to her mom and got really mad.

When she told me about it I just said to remeber how upset it makes her and to never use a person’s physical characteristics as a reason to be mean to them. I’m guessing as she gets older and more self aware she’ll pick up on this stuff more and more. She’s pretty athletic but she has a couple friends who are not and of course her mom and she’s about to learn just how brutal people can be to people, especially girls and women, if they are plus sized.
I know this situation very well myself. I think you explained it well. The reality is that it is important for your children to see you have their mom's back, and that a family sticks together and supports each other in a positive way regardless.

Latest posts