• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Debate Class is in Session

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paquito

don't July to me
So as we can all tell, Hyde Park has become a hot mess. Political divisions have become even more apparent, respect for other opinions is basically nonexistent, and a lot of ugly generalizations are infecting threads. So, I want to implement a sort of Loungey, political "game" to try and open some minds and get some fresh perspectives.

So, I introduce the Debate Baker's Dozen, which follows the rules of the Movies Baker's Dozen in the Lounge. Basically, one person will choose a topic (Topic A). Then one by one, people will voice an statement about Topic A until we have 13 statements. Whoever made the 13th statement about Topic A will then choose a new topic, and so on.

Now, when we had to do debates in class, the teacher always made us take the side that our opinions countered. If it was about red vs. blue and I liked blue more, I had to take Team Red. So in the spirit of said teacher, I invoke the same irritation. Your statement will be made in support of the side that you really oppose.

So, if you're in favor of the death penalty, give a good reason to be against it. If you disapprove of gay marriage, then argue for it. And such and such, got it?

Also, I love snark and sarcasm. Really, I do. And if you want to make those statements, then go for it. But also offer a completely serious opinion so that we can count it. Trying to break new, common ground here people. Work with me.

Finally, let's try to keep repetition at a minimum, ok? I know it's going to be tough defending a side of the debate that you don't believe in, but give it some serious thought. If you have to use someone else's opinion, then expand on it or offer a different explanation on how you got to the same conclusion.

So, first topic: The Death Penalty

1. By executing inmates, the costs that we must deal with my housing and feeding these criminals for life sentences are reduced.

Latest posts

Back