Quantcast

Dedicated writing devices

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

EmilyEW

I remember writing my very first story on an electric word processor that I bought for $25 bucks in pawn shop. It used HD discetted. This was many years ago.
The keyboard was actually fantastic!

I like to work on my MacBook air 11, but that's probably only an hour without batteries.

I also have Alphasmart NEO2 which I got from thrift for like 10 bucks. I think I have two of them.

I do have a strange relationship with these old typing machines. There are some other new ones, like astrohouse freetype

But today I've got this:

IMG_0360.JPG
I've seen it in Japan, (I go there often, but not now during covid). It is similar to astrohouse traveler, except unlike that one this can actually be used for editing not just typing.

Last edited:

maltesefalcon

If you like quaint items knock yourself out.

My preference is a little Surface Go that has word processing, plus all Windows 10 features. Unlike I-Pad it also has a keyboard and mouse option which makes cut and paste edits easy.
Very compact and battery life not too bad. Bit pricy tho....

Rojodi

My family wanted to get me a writing tablet last summer, for when I would escape the house and sit in the park. I wish they had, then I could have saved so many story ideas!

EmilyEW

Yeah, I fly a few times a year (well not during COVID !) to japan, 18 hr flights and laptops are not very economical for long flights like that. Also not good when others want to sleep, I found these devices perfect for travel.

Rojodi

Yeah, I fly a few times a year (well not during COVID !) to japan, 18 hr flights and laptops are not very economical for long flights like that. Also not good when others want to sleep, I found these devices perfect for travel.
My Better Half was told to not bring her personal laptop on her trip to the Philippines (Layover in Japan), because it would not be well liked by the others. (Though she was in first class)

Latest posts