Delicious Christmas Bakery!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AmyJo1976

Happy Holidays!
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
View attachment 138813View attachment 138814

Made some new vanilla crescents today and I made these marzipan pralines with nougat core and cinnamon.

edit: 🤔🤔Does the word "crescent" has anything to do with French "croissant"? I mean, the shape is similar... Does anybody know this?
They look the same, but you use yeast to make crescent rolls. They're not sweet like croissants either. More like a regular dinner roll.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
There is a specific cookie I make each year at this time as they are one of the few cookies my wife really cares for. They are essentially shortbread balls with a glace cherry inside (optionally with some chocolate on top). Made my Christmas batch yesterday and they ... I don't even know how to describe it. Sort of half melted, so that there was a cherry with a bit of shortbread clinging to it, then a frothy slumped skirt spreading out and meeting that the of the next cookies. The recipe says requires the dough to chill in the fridge, saying between three hours and two days, and it had been four days, so I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

So no pictures from me, unless I make a more successful batch in a bit!

Orchid

Monday baking. No picture yet...
Apple/walnut cake with mandarin peel, lemon peel, last spoon of cream sherry, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, some walnut bits in the cake. The top is grated apples and more walnuts. Powdered sugar on it.

Leftover apple bits apple peels went for birds in my garden.

CPProp

Not sure why I’ve not cooked before – perhaps this new locked down is forcing me to do something I would not normally do.
(ignore the bread I make that weekly) Corn beef and potato pie and sausage rolls what a festive feast to lookforward to even if they look a bit messy (even made the pastry from scratch).
IMG_20200607_164616.jpg

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Not sure why I’ve not cooked before – perhaps this new locked down is forcing me to do something I would not normally do.
(ignore the bread I make that weekly) Corn beef and potato pie and sausage rolls what a festive feast to lookforward to even if they look a bit messy (even made the pastry from scratch).
View attachment 138868
It all looks good enough to eat! Your true calling perhaps, @CPProp :)

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
20201206_144152.jpg

All things tangerine - my baking experiment 2020.

In this crazy year, I am lagging behind terribly with my Christmas bakery schedule. So far I've only managed to do these and 2 more family traditional ones. Now I hope to finish 3 more today - and at the latest tomorrow I have to bake the traditional Christmas loaves according to my great-aunt's recipe....

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
View attachment 138881

All things tangerine - my baking experiment 2020.

In this crazy year, I am lagging behind terribly with my Christmas bakery schedule. So far I've only managed to do these and 2 more family traditional ones. Now I hope to finish 3 more today - and at the latest tomorrow I have to bake the traditional Christmas loaves according to my great-aunt's recipe....
busy days!

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Today we made rice krispy treats with peppermint flavoring and red sprinkles. They turned out very good!

Cornflake wreath- made like rice krispy treats but you use cornflakes instead so it shapes up nicely into the shape of a wreath. we put candies on it to look like bulbs on the wreath and added vanilla flavoring..

Chocolate fudge- half plain chocolate and the other half with walnuts and mini-marshmallows.

For my co-workers, I made tri-colored Christmas fudge and a batch of candy cane fudge.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Today we made rice krispy treats with peppermint flavoring and red sprinkles. They turned out very good!

Cornflake wreath- made like rice krispy treats but you use cornflakes instead so it shapes up nicely into the shape of a wreath. we put candies on it to look like bulbs on the wreath and added vanilla flavoring..

Chocolate fudge- half plain chocolate and the other half with walnuts and mini-marshmallows.

For my co-workers, I made tri-colored Christmas fudge and a batch of candy cane fudge.
Never heard about fudge before but recently a few times.
Well as I have enough time during lockdown right now I am trying to make one on my own. 😊

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Never heard about fudge before but recently a few times.
Well as I have enough time during lockdown right now I am trying to make one on my own. 😊
Anna, i have learned to be careful with fudge. It can turn rock hard if you don't make it right on the stovetop.
Imagine my delight when I found these simple recipes that just use the microwave to melt the chocolate:

The chocolate fudge I made uses sweetened condensed milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips- and you can toss it any extras you might like

Simple to make and the white chocolates were a hit with my coworkers. The chocolate fudge is in my fridge right now and I will be trying it tomorrow ;) :D

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Anna, i have learned to be careful with fudge. It can turn rock hard if you don't make it right on the stovetop.
Imagine my delight when I found these simple recipes that just use the microwave to melt the chocolate:

The chocolate fudge I made uses sweetened condensed milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips- and you can toss it any extras you might like

Simple to make and the white chocolates were a hit with my coworkers. The chocolate fudge is in my fridge right now and I will be trying it tomorrow ;) :D
haha yeah thank you!
I checked the well known recipe blogs and sites earlier today and found these 3 ingredients recipes there as well. I am missing one of those ingredients at home so yay, I can go outside tomorrow and get it.(sweetened condensed milk - I used mine with additional caramel flavour for my coconut macaroons recipe with only two ingredients)

I might do the white chocolate fudge or another one with peanut butter in it.

I will update you about the results :)

Latest posts